OKC Thunder Logo Set** Jerseys & Court Now Up

hettinger_rl

So it's happening again. I saw the Thunder playing over the weekend and their logo still makes me cringe and wonder why they haven't upgraded. I know that many people have "become ok with it" but I cannot. This seems to happen every 2 years (2009, 2011)or so for me and I'm a little over due.

I've drawn up three logos. One re-hashes an old concept (see 2009 link), the other 2 are new ideas. Check-out the sketches and tell me what you think (it's much easier for me to change things at this point).

UPDATE: Colored versions below

24q4vbc.jpg2r3ytme.jpgzkfzg2.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the left one reminds me of my Thunder concept from back in the day, so i'll encourage you to refine the one of the right, lol. might be tough to make that into a shape worthy of a primary logotype tho. anyway, im interested in the next step. i always enjoy your work.

the left one reminds me of my Thunder concept from back in the day, so i'll encourage you to refine the one of the right, lol. might be tough to make that into a shape worthy of a primary logotype tho. anyway, im interested in the next step. i always enjoy your work.

Haha. Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that! For those that aren't familiar: LINK

Here is one more. The colors here are just place-holders and I'm thinking of adding a shield shape around it. The arrowhead shape in the forehead is intentional, an homage to the Native American population in OK, I'm not in love with it, but it's easily removed.

NCM_0041.JPG

I have my idea of where they'd be, but curious as to what importance everyone would give to each. (primary, secondary, tertiary). Also, what do you think of the arrowhead shield? I feel it's a shape that would fit in well with other current NBA logos while not straying too far from their current logo shape. And does anyone think I need to add pupils?

Archived