OKC Thunder Logo Set** Jerseys & Court Now Up

hettinger_rl

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that OKC monogram. It just looks too much like "KC".

2 or 3 people like it 2 or 3 people don't. I gotta chalk this one up to the fact that there is opposition to portions of almost any logo set out there. ;)

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I like it, but the OKC looks like a Nuggets wordmark.

I likw that quite a bit ... but would like to see the OKC monogram from earlier on in the history of the concept. Glad to see the arrow head make a return.

Better?

2mpx3df.jpg

This is fantastic.

Other options roughed out:

2vnf341.jpgjg1j6d.jpg24w51cy.jpg

Your lines are very squiggly and inconsistent, as this is with all your concepts. It would really improve these if you could fix these

Yeah I know, this is due to the process I go through to create my concepts. I draw, scan, vector (w/ vector magic *free), touch-up ( w/ MS paint), and color; cut/paste; remove background; add outlines (all w/ Pixlr *free). I have no funds for AI and no time (right now) to learn Inkscape, though I'm trying to learn.

Other options roughed out:

2vnf341.jpgjg1j6d.jpg24w51cy.jpg

Your lines are very squiggly and inconsistent, as this is with all your concepts. It would really improve these if you could fix these

Yeah I know, this is due to the process I go through to create my concepts. I draw, scan, vector (w/ vector magic *free), touch-up ( w/ MS paint), and color; cut/paste; remove background; add outlines (all w/ Pixlr *free). I have no funds for AI and no time (right now) to learn Inkscape, though I'm trying to learn.

Yeah these are just rough drafts. Give him some slack

qjmf8gfss7kivgth30eo3f19b_zps05455a47.giiko8i2w57la790evvqfhvre2f_zpsf00d15d5.gicdxd8xpogngx4cr7dnlwdghfp_zpsc521828f.gi89551301999_zpsdc887eb0.gif?t=1392410149

This is a great thread and awesome concept. I really enjoy seeing this after your versions from previous years.

One thing that bugs me about the colors is that the bison head should be blue if it is supposed to also be a thunder cloud. This is especially apparent when you add the basketball, which should be orange. The cloud imagery would be furthered with an orange baskebtall because the basketball could double as a moon or sun.

Also, this may be a bad idea but just throwing it out there: the OKC monogram is vaguely reminiscent of the shield logo on the state's flag. I wonder if those two could be combined in some way.

Does anyone like this better?

2j1vo5j.jpg

This is a great thread and awesome concept. I really enjoy seeing this after your versions from previous years.

One thing that bugs me about the colors is that the bison head should be blue if it is supposed to also be a thunder cloud. This is especially apparent when you add the basketball, which should be orange. The cloud imagery would be furthered with an orange baskebtall because the basketball could double as a moon or sun.

I did try it a lot with a blue bison and I found that the smaller amount of light blue popped better with a larger amount of orange.

Archived