Cricket (Pros and Cons) & ESPN3

Virtual Appliance

How about those West Indies taking it to Pakistan and winning by 84 runs. DJ Bravo had an immense batting spell scoring some monsterous sixes in the process. As for the bowling, Chris Gayle got three wickets on his own. This team is on a serious roll and now have qualified for the Semi-finals.

Highlights - West Indies v Pakistan

In the other match today, Australia finish off their World Cup hopes with a 7 wicket win over hosts Bangladesh. Not a overly good showing by both sides in this years T20 WC but both countries are better at ODI and Test and are developing their T20 teams.

Highlights - Bangladesh v Australia

In the Knockouts the following fixtures are set:

Semi-final #1 (April 3) Sri Lanka v West Indies - This is a rematch from the 2012 T20 World Cup Final. It's hard to say who will come up on top as both sides are playing at the top of their games now in the Knockouts. I would predict West Indies winning by 40 or more runs only if Bravo and Gayles bats come to life.

Semi-final #2 (April 4) India v South Africa - South Africa have scored 100 more runs than India in T20 Super 10 but their fielding is a problem with them bleeding more than 170 runs than India. I see India coming on top by winning by 6 or 7 wickets.

Any predictions?

I'm not the biggest expert when it comes to cricket, but India's pitching is scary. If I was South Africa I would be trying to think of ways to contend with that.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not the biggest expert when it comes to cricket, but India's pitching is scary.

I think you mean bowling? Not trying to be a dick, just helping to increase your knowledge so that you might become an expert :D.

"Pitching" in cricket is a term used to denote how far down the wicket the ball bounces. Like in the graphic below, the ball is being bowled from right to left.

600px-Cricket_delivery_lengths_en.svg.pn

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I'm not the biggest expert when it comes to cricket, but India's pitching is scary.

I think you mean bowling? Not trying to be a dick, just helping to increase your knowledge so that you might become an expert :D.

"Pitching" in cricket is a term used to denote how far down the wicket the ball bounces. Like in the graphic below, the ball is being bowled from right to left.

600px-Cricket_delivery_lengths_en.svg.pn

Hey any extra bit of knowledge about cricket is always good, especially for the people who occasionally watch it. I have to say I am a fan of the spin bowlers rather than the fast bowlers. To see that ball swerve around and hit the stumps (like Chris Gayle did twice versus Bangladesh) is exquisite.

I have to agree with being more of a fan of spin bowlers - that may be very biased as I was a right arm finger spinner when I played when I was young. A type of bowling method which has virtually died out in the professional game now in favour of wrist spinning.

I personally like seeing some of the bowling actions from the Sri Lankan team. There are a lot of improvised bowling methods which the players came up with when they would play in school and on the streets when they were young. Unlike here in England where the game is tended to be played by the middle and upper classes and "correct technique" is encouraged from an early age.

The bowling actions of the Bangladesh team as well are top notch. More improvised bowling methods which normally give the "correct technique" countries some difficulty. The finger spinner method is still used by some of the Asian countries...great to see :)

And how about both those T20 WC Semi-finals? Sri Lanka v India Final...can't ask for a better Final

And Sri Lanka won by 6 wickets, Singh really let India down in this final.

Excellent final for Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka has been one of the better T20 sides in the last four years and with this T20 World cup win they will be a hard side to beat in the coming years.

So this arrives for me on Friday:

4471785.jpg

Available on PS3 and Xbox 360 in the US/Canada now and coming to PC within the next few months for anybody who is interested.

All I can say is WOW! I didn't know that PlayStation made a Cricket game...if it is coming North America, I am definitely picking it up. Marble21 do you have a PS3 or XBox?

4471785.jpg

Available on PS3 and Xbox 360 in the US/Canada now and coming to PC within the next few months for anybody who is interested.

All I can say is WOW! I didn't know that PlayStation made a Cricket game...if it is coming North America, I am definitely picking it up. Marble21 do you have a PS3 or XBox?

PS3. Clue is in the picture :P My PS3 ID is the same as my username.

It has been fascinating following the development of this game - particularly through their forums at Big Ant (who developed the game).

Although the game lacks proper licensing, there is something called the Cricket Academy where you can create players and teams etc. so the community there has already made every proper player and team you will ever need.

4471785.jpg

PS3. Clue is in the picture :P My PS3 ID is the same as my username.

It has been fascinating following the development of this game - particularly through their forums at Big Ant (who developed the game).

Although the game lacks proper licensing, there is something called the Cricket Academy where you can create players and teams etc. so the community there has already made every proper player and team you will ever need.

That's great to hear. I plan on picking up the game on the way home from work today. I will look for you on PS Network so we can have a match or two. My PS3 ID is same as my username too.

Well I just found out that EB Games here in Victoria doesn't sell Cricket 14. So I purchased it online through Amazon.ca and it'll be here between 7 & 11 days. Looking forward to it :P

While you wait, you can download the cricket academy for PC. You can create yourself and your local team etc. and there is also a "Nets" mode where you can practise your batting in the nets. If you don't have a PC or an Xbox controller then hook your PS3 controller up using the USB charge cable and download some mapping software such as the DS3 tool etc.

Cricket Academy Download Link

Well I just found out that EB Games here in Victoria doesn't sell Cricket 14. So I purchased it online through Amazon.ca and it'll be here between 7 & 11 days. Looking forward to it :P

While you wait, you can download the cricket academy for PC. You can create yourself and your local team etc. and there is also a "Nets" mode where you can practise your batting in the nets. If you don't have a PC or an Xbox controller then hook your PS3 controller up using the USB charge cable and download some mapping software such as the DS3 tool etc.

Cricket Academy Download Link

Thanks mate....I will do that this weekend. Can you carry over your Cricket Academy stats and players over to the PS3 game?

So the Pepsi IPL 2014 tournament has kicked off in fine fashion. Watching Punjab v Totals at the moment. This Indian youngster Samson is hitting some monster shots. Plus the Samson-Watson partnership has scored short of 60 runs prior to Watson being removed.

anyone looking forward to the IPL season?

Archived