2016 Summer Olympics Uniforms ( 7/15 Denmark Basketball )

Moom

Hello all! First post on this site! I've been in the uniform making game for a few years, though never anything not related to soccer ( poster over on designfootball.com) I've joined with plans to introduce uniform concepts of mine which go beyond the realm of the football pitch, and onto various Olympic events!

I'd very much like to become involved with the community here, so if anybody has requests of a random summer olympic sport uniform ( handball, womens archery, cycling ) give me a shoutout ITT and i'll make sure to create one!

Here's my inaugural go at it, just the top of a basketball uniform design i'm developing. Always been a fan of the work Nike did for the Chinese teams, basketball in particular.

this one uses the very new and fresh 2014 Nike Hyper Elite basketball template, which seems to be setting some sort of trend for lightweight construction, really thin printed on cuffs, etc. Please do click full-size to see the detail. Would love some C&C, and would appreciate it.

Xpn5Vq5.png

Although I'm not a fan of the sublimation type of thing for Basketball jerseys - I really only like it on soccer jerseys - since this is the Olympics, its almost a given. That being said, its still quite subtle and doesn't take away from jersey itself. Although simple underneath it all, it is acceptable for China. Would some hidden sublimated dragon thing or Chinese script be too much? haha.

I also must say there is a lot of very fine detail, definitely wouldn't work in MS Paint that's for sure; so I can definitely appreciate the effort.

Interested to see more!

Appreciate the feedback from the both of you!

JT- I think the word "need" is a bit of an overstatement :P nike seems to stay clear of that in favor of simpler designs, Li-Ning uses more of the dragon motif. But with all that being said, I'll be sure to implement something more related to China on the full kit

nice, those shorts are cool. Will their be 2 jerseys for each country since there WILL be clashes? I'd love to see a blue version of that Slovenija jersey.

These are all great so far. Nicely designed and terrific template/presentation. I'd love to see you tackle some new sports that we rarely see on these boards. Rugby 7s makes its debut in 2016, so that could be fun. Handball would also be neat.

Another idea might be to pick one country and give us a cohesive set of uniforms across many sports. I'm thinking of the UK uniforms from the 2012 Olympics which were all based on a common design, transferred to each sports specific equipment.

These are all great so far. Nicely designed and terrific template/presentation. I'd love to see you tackle some new sports that we rarely see on these boards. Rugby 7s makes its debut in 2016, so that could be fun. Handball would also be neat.

Another idea might be to pick one country and give us a cohesive set of uniforms across many sports. I'm thinking of the UK uniforms from the 2012 Olympics which were all based on a common design, transferred to each sports specific equipment.

Definitely will do!

I am definitely in love with the Slovenia basketball kit. No matter what sport Slovenia is in, their kits are beautiful with their colors, especially with national football team kits...flawless! I too would like to see the Rugby Sevens kits for 2016. But because I am a die hard football supporter, I would love to see the potential sixteen teams that will be gracing the pitches and beaches of Rio in 2016.

Keep up the great work and welcome to the board! Btw...very nice site you have

• 4 months later...

I'm back! Big hiatus, but better late than never. Using a new basketball template thats around 5000px wide ( the pic below is shrunk) , which i'll be posting to my webstore soon @ footballtemplates.blogspot.com

Heres the template in action!

France Basketball :

LwWhJrg.jpg

Archived