Memphis Grizzlies to change color scheme?

Conrad.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Raptors are gonna be piiiiiiissed.

If the Steelers and Saints can coexist in the NFL then there shouldn't be much problem with the Grizzlies wearing black/yellow while the Raptors wear black/gold.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'm meh about this. When it comes to black as a primary color, I only support it if it's used sparingly. If the Grizzles and Raptors both switch, then if think that's too much. It dilutes the uniqueness too much and makes them all look a little too similar. And yes, I know there are a bunch of blue teams out there but you can make the case that they're all different shades and tints, while you can't really do that with straight up black.

I'm meh about this. When it comes to black as a primary color, I only support it if it's used sparingly. If the Grizzles and Raptors both switch, then if think that's too much. It dilutes the uniqueness too much and makes them all look a little too similar. And yes, I know there are a bunch of blue teams out there but you can make the case that they're all different shades and tints, while you can't really do that with straight up black.

It's not much of a problem in the NFL. You have the Steelers, Raiders, Panthers, Jags, Falcons, Bengals, and Ravens all wearing black.

People will differentiate them based on the colors that go along with the black.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

The writer who first posted about the color change on 3sob.com recently updated his article:

After looking into this further my statement regarding Robert Pera designing the Season Ticket Renewal piece and his intention to rebrand/change the color scheme to black and gold was inaccurate. The Grizzlies use many colors in all their sales and marketing material and this look and feel was designed to be special and exclusive to Season Ticket Holders just as the term MVP distinguishes us. The Grizzlies have no plans to replace any of their existing logos or color palate but as all forward thinking organizations are always looking toward the future hence Memph15 – a celebration of their 15 season in the [we don't] bluff city. Sorry for creating any confusion/excitement for #GrizzNation tonight over what appears to be nothing. (Note: I do stand by my original reporting of the FACT that Grizz would look awesome if he dyed his hair black.)

Sounds like he probably emailed the Grizzlies about the colors and is echoing the response they gave him.

I think people read too much into those anniversary logos of Raps and Grizz. It was shown multiple times on this forum that team logos/uniforms/court/etc. are hardly ever 100% overlapping colourwise. And creating anniversary logo gives you even more freedom in my opinion, it's going to be used for one season only anyway.

• 2 months later...

Archived