ENGLAND KNIGHTS NFL CONCEPT

beeflfc

Hello everybody

As a Huge English NFL fan I am very excited by the prospect of a Uk or English NFL team!

However I felt I had to get my concept across. For us to get a NFL franchise would require a HUGE gamble on the NFL's part. This is not because there is not enough interest but because of UK fans failing to accept and support the new team. The new franchise would only be followed by UK fans thus for it to survive it would need to draw UK NFL fans from their current teams.

In my view the only way to do this would be to invoke a patriotic brand. For my concept I have chosen to ditch the UK element as some on here suggested their is too much red white and blue in the NFL. That being said and the fact the franchise would be in London led me to an England concept.

I have chosen the name ENGLAND KNIGHTS I admit it doesn't roll of the tongue as much as London knights but you have to understand that for the franchise to work here London CANNOT be in the name. I'm from Liverpool and don't care much for London. My fellow northern NFL friends said they wouldn't ditch their NFL teams to follow a team called London something. Seems petty but can be very tribal here on our island especially in the worlds football game :P

I have gone with the Knights name not only (to enter madden comp lol) but because it invokes that classic image many people abroad think of when they here England, Castles knights dragons etc. I didn't go with dragons because that = Wales here. When you think of an English knight you think of the white robe with the red cross with chain mail. This is the basis for my uniform.

http://londonknights2_zps1ecb8dba.png

I will explain at the bottom of this post why but you have to use your imagination with the helmet as I don't have the skills to show it how I wish yet. I want a helmet like this one-

http://Newrutgersnikefootballhelmetsuniforms201

The aim is to make it look like a knights helmet with battle scars etc. For the logo I have gone with the classic three lions as that was England's original flag which makes it historically correct for this concept and is England's most patriots logo.

It doesn't come across in the Uniform concept picture but I would want the helmet like the one above with the three lions in chrome like the Oregon helmet.

The reason I have the number small on the front is because it takes away from the cross if it was big and based on English sporting tradition we don't do big numbers on the from and as far as I'm aware there is no rule against a small front number.

The Gray on the sides is to represent chain mail. Maybe at close it would have chain mail watermarks to give it a more real affect but not sure if that would be necessary. The reason the back of the jersey is red is because the classic English knight look wears a red cape with the white robe thus I hope this give it that affect.

Here is my very poor attempt at a word mark-

http://englandknightswordmark_zpsde006ee0.png

No need for an explanation you can see what I have done.

Now I LOVE GRAPHIC DESIGN and have been a big fan of these boards and everyone's talent and works on here. However I'm just getting started. I don't have the programs or skills yet to produce my ideas. I'm using Inkscape and paint and watching you tube vids to learn. I recently got engaged to an American and plan on marrying and moving there soon and hope to maybe learn graphic design while there. The reason I say this is because a UK NFL team is something me and any other ex pat would love to see while living in the US and I would love nothing more than to see my design truly fleshed out so I can see it for how I imagine it.

Please can you help me by giving me advice tips on my concept and I hope someone on here can take my idea and create a more realistic vision of it i.e pic of a real player wearing the kit etc. I know I'm very bad at the moment so please be kind ill do have good Ideas trust me I just don't have the skills as of yet :(

would LOVE your expert opinions and further concept images based on my idea, thanks for looking :)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but flat out it stinks no reasons why? Bit harsh!? The rest of your comment makes no sense. If we get a team it will be based in London, i.e.. London's team not a USA cites team with English branding. If you mean a US city that doesn't have a team should get one then why is that our problem. Blame the NFL! Think we are well on the way to proving we can sustain a team.

idea is based of-

englishknight_zpsb79f4e86.jpg

More constructive criticism rather than slagging idea of first hand

Great start! I love the idea and think you are on to something. The idea of going with the Rutgers distressed helmet would be perfect if executed well and matched up cohesively with the uniform set. If you upgrade some of your software, this helmet rendering info from davidson could be very helpful!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/69834-3d-rendered-helmet/

Judging by the image above, maybe you cold try adding some sort of chain mail into the logo? Or even scrap the black in your logo and use that grey or even white to match the main color scheme. Keep it up!

thanks tbdaniel15 appreciate your feedback. Yeah that thread is helpful although until moving to the states i wont be able to upgrade and i cant really draw to a level of fully developing my own logos so kind of stuck using inkscape and paint at the mo. I was hopping as i said someone would take my idea and create a real concept of it if you catch my drift. bbb having it resemble a football (soccer shirt / jersey) isnt a bad thing in our culture. Remember if we get a team it has to be our team our culture not American that's the point. That monarchs jersey is crap the classic monarchs one before that was good but that's hideous!

thanks tbdaniel15 appreciate your feedback. Yeah that thread is helpful although until moving to the states i wont be able to upgrade and i cant really draw to a level of fully developing my own logos so kind of stuck using inkscape and paint at the mo. I was hopping as i said someone would take my idea and create a real concept of it if you catch my drift. bbb having it resemble a football (soccer shirt / jersey) isnt a bad thing in our culture. Remember if we get a team it has to be our team our culture not American that's the point. That monarchs jersey is crap the classic monarchs one before that was good but that's hideous!

The NFL mandates large numbers on the front though. Probably why you saw those Monarchs type jerseys disappear when NFL Europe took over for the World League. Also, don't mind Sean Carter's comments, he never has any real input, he just trolls.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Archived