RonDesign

Here are a couple designs I've been sitting on for a while. The first is for the Milwaukee Brewers. A bit of a mashup, taking some of my favorite elements of some of the branding they've utilized over the years. The color palette and jersey lettering is from the current design, but I'm bringing back the classic "Ball and Glove MB" logo from the "Bambi's Bombers" era. The player number is a new font that I think is a much better compliment to the script "Brewers" than what is currently being used.

MilwBrewHomeMU.jpg

The road uniform is a little more of a departure. Again, I'm using the "MB" logo and featuring it prominently on the left chest panel of the uniform with the player number on the right, using traditional piping as seen on the Tigers' classic home uni. I've tweaked the gray of the road color, adding a touch of blue to give it a distinctive tone among road grays across the league.

MilwBrewRoadMU.jpg

Next, we have an Oakland A's design I've toyed with. I loved when the A's introduced their gold home alt uniform a couple years ago and would love to see them return to that design featuring "A's" on the left chest panel across the board. Here's what it might look like.

OakAsHome.jpg

This actually borrows heavily from an alt home uni they used from 1982-84.

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1982_oakland.gif&Entryid=1466

The road uniform follows the same construct, but I've inverted the green and gold on both the logo mark and the player number, which would give this a lot of pop off of the road gray. Also, I've also inverted the colors on the cap to pay homage to the batting helmet the team used in the late 1960s early 1970s, famously worn by Reggie Jackson when he hit the light tower at the old Tiger Stadium in the 1971 All Star game.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/0/v15759689

OakAsRoad.jpg

I could give it a go, but I have to confess, I've always been a fan of the cartoon Oriole. Was thrilled when they brought him back. I could probably do both and see what kind of reactions they get.

I was actually going to say that as well, but I don't know how it would turn out on a uniform

I'd pretty much reverse everything you've done with the Brewers. First off, I think the ball and glove jerseys should be worn at home in front of the Brewer fans that like it so much. I'd put that logo on that home white jersey and remove the pinstripes. Seeing as how today's look is less popular I'd put it on the road uniforms. Take either today's "Brewers" or "Milwaukee" script and put it on the road grays (with pinstripes if you want).

The A's home uniform is fine, but I suggest a bit of work on the roads. First, consider inverting the colors on the logo so that it is green with gold trim. Second, go with the solid green cap.

Absolutely no suggestions for the Orioles uniforms. In fact, those look better than what they actually wear now. Great all around.

• 1 month later...

Archived