Generic Fish Logo *Help Needed* (Jerseys/New Poll)

1clkgtramg

Teal or no Teal?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Still new to designing logos that aren't soccer logos. I am trying to make a logo for a team in Marseille, France for my European Hockey League, but I'm a little stuck on the colours of the logo as well as how to improve on my logo. I need to work on the mouth, eye and tail for sure.
Don't hold back on the criticism please! :)

So here are the colour options. (My favourites are 3 and 4, but Teal will still be used on the jersey.)
1.12851195984_383c64a346_n.jpg Light Blue Outline / Grey Body
2. 12851196004_8bbd18a78f_n.jpgLight Blue Outline / Teal Body
3.12851196074_319d468a20_n.jpg Dark Blue Outline / Light Blue Body
4.12850777855_ff2846f5ff_n.jpgDark Blue Outline / Grey Body

I agree on 3 and 4. I think the mouth and jaw could use some work

Any idea as to what I can do or any teams with a fish logo? The only reference I know of is Toledo Walleye of the ECHL and I think that one needs work too.

Definitely 3, 4. I find that when i'm working on a logo. Putting it on a jersey or background helps me see what needs to be done to it, I feel it shows you how it plays with the colors you are using and the style jersey you have. Then you can update accordingly. I like how you've started through

pittsburghbanner.jpg

Definitely 3, 4. I find that when i'm working on a logo. Putting it on a jersey or background helps me see what needs to be done to it, I feel it shows you how it plays with the colors you are using and the style jersey you have. Then you can update accordingly. I like how you've started through

I never thought of that, I usually make most of the logos and then proceed with the jerseys. I could try that since I already have the jersey in my head.

San Jose Sharks?

Its a small fish, not a shark lol. And the Teal is different from San Jose. I wanted to keep teal as an accent colour, but I have decided to scrap it and use #3's colours.

Here's what its replicating.

mullet-fish3.gif

aaaand Here is an update.

I fixed the tail and the head. I definatly want the mouth open, and for the eye I tried to look at Mississauga Steelheads for inspiration, but that eye looks a little lost as well. I can't seem to figure out how to make it more menacing without being too cartoony.

12861878535_a9ce753c28.jpg

What about the Idaho and/or Mississuaga Steelheads. Also the Denver Cutthroats.

I forgot about Idaho - I remember they used to make the logo too literal with the goalie mask - I'll give that one a look as well.

Haha those are pretty cool, not sure if those eyes will do it for me, but nice find anyway!

Another hockey fish logo:

The Hamilton Steelheads (from the Canadian tv hockey drama "Power Play") had a fish logo for the shoulder patch.

http://reignoferror00.blogspot.ca/2013/10/power-play-hamilton-steelheads-jersey.html

But since you wanted to "make it menacing without be being too cartoony" this is almost certainly too cartoony for you.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

So I tried to do a Denver Cutthroats style eye, I think its a lot better. I think I'm just about done with it, I don't really want to screw around with the fin that looks like an ear so I just removed the inner dark blue triangle thing.

So here are the 2 results.

12868885675_44ba4fd7d6.jpg

12885808284_cbe6b32ab4.jpg

Taking the whole dark blue out of the fin makes it seem plain. You should do something like this, and sorry don't mean to edit your own work i just found it was better to than explain what i meant haha.

2vubkwk.png

Ok, I see what you mean haha, I was trying to make sense of it, I'll try that.

Maybe take the pupil out of the eye, like you had originally but keep the bulge

The fish looks dead when I take the pupil out lol

alright so I think I have it all completed, just working on the shoulder patches and finalizing it all!
Thanks for all your help, but I have one more question and its regarding the teal colouring. Although I didnt include it in the logos at all, I still wanted to use it as an accent colour. Here are the jerseys I will be using, they are split in half (so look closely), left is the one with teal and the right is without. Which one do you guys think is better? (Hopefully I can edit the poll question as well)

12918122934_8c4a394b8a_c.jpg

Archived