ScoffingYayap

Just a concept I whipped up a short while ago. What if the Athletics never packed their bags from the City of Brotherly Love? After all, they had a much more storied history in the city while the Phillies were always relegated to second-division status (Of course, financial problems and the Phillies new-found success did the A's in for their stay in Philly).

So here's a concept for the 2014 Philly A's. Their home jerseys stay basically the same as they did for most of their existence, though they keep the gold from the 1950 Golden Anniversary uniforms. For the road jerseys I used a Philadelphia script I found on the internet, though I would love to one day be able to replicate the actual Athletics script into the word Philadelphia. The alternate uses the script that the team used in the late 80s, before the second serif was added.

Let me know what you think, I might do one of those "alternate universe" threads where the A's stay and the Phillies move to another city, much like the A's did.

3u0qT7W.jpg

Not bad.

I've noticed a little bit of green stays on the elephant sleeve patch. Is that intentional?

And the "Philadelphia" script looks a bit too compressed, in my opinion. Maybe stretching it out a bit migbt help...

I think the green is just your monitor, or from the image compressing on the internet. My Photoshop file has just navy and gold.

Thanks for the advice on the script, I'll give it a tweak in the near future.

This is a topic I came up with about the Giants and Dodgers leaving New York. Note that the name I came up with "San Fransisco Islanders" is completely made up http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96998-interesting-sports-history/?fromsearch=1 maybe this could help you coming up with an "alternate universe" thread.

I've been coming up with my own scenarios in which the Phillies move to KC to become the Cowboys then to Oakland to become the new Oakland Oaks. I have some other ideas, but I'm not really following every "real life" move/possibility. I'm taking things into consideration like moving the White Sox to Tampa Bay and the Giants to Toronto, and the Senators to LA.

This is a topic I came up with about the Giants and Dodgers leaving New York. Note that the name I came up with "San Fransisco Islanders" is completely made up http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/96998-interesting-sports-history/?fromsearch=1 maybe this could help you coming up with an "alternate universe" thread.

I've been coming up with my own scenarios in which the Phillies move to KC to become the Cowboys then to Oakland to become the new Oakland Oaks. I have some other ideas, but I'm not really following every "real life" move/possibility. I'm taking things into consideration like moving the White Sox to Tampa Bay and the Giants to Toronto, and the Senators to LA.
Wait if the Phillies move to KC what happens to the Royals? If you plan it to be more than a one year then that could potentially result in a movement to lets say... Arizona or Florida... hell even New York. Movement to NY could mean no more Mets if KC decides to keep Royals or go another Route with nicknames. Personally I like New York Royals.

Wait if the Phillies move to KC what happens to the Royals? If you plan it to be more than a one year then that could potentially result in a movement to lets say... Arizona or Florida... hell even New York. Movement to NY could mean no more Mets if KC decides to keep Royals or go another Route with nicknames. Personally I like New York Royals.

Well since the KC Phillies then move onto Oakland (As did the A's) the Royals come along at another point. I think I'll keep the Giants in NY, but the Dodgers move to Minneapolis. Although, New York Royals has a nice ring to it.

Well since the KC Phillies then move onto Oakland (As did the A's) the Royals come along at another point. I think I'll keep the Giants in NY, but the Dodgers move to Minneapolis. Although, New York Royals has a nice ring to it.

How about the Seattle Pilots decide to stay instead of relocating to Milwaukee as the Brewers

How about the Seattle Pilots decide to stay instead of relocating to Milwaukee as the Brewers

Oh you'll see

Oh you'll see

I'm in suspense... what does this mean...

Archived