NFL Redesign ***(fixing Browns and Patriots logo)***

YelichGraphics

Guys, this kid is 12. He shouldn't be here in the first place.

Ilfhockey, I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, but you really don't belong here. I believe the rules are that you have to be 13.

And guys, cut him some slack. The fact of the matter is that he is only 12, and for a 12-year-old these concepts are not bad by any means.

I don't think it's much of an age thing. Why? because it's about taking time to learn the art of concept making. I've been making concepts since I was 8, way before I found the boards. Also by looking at these I can tell that they were done in about 5-10 minutes. When I used to use paint I would spend a couple hours on just one jersey.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a teacher, we all learn things differently. JT, I can appreciate you had that passion inside you at an early age. For some, it hits later. Maybe this 12 year develops the passion as he get older. Regardless, I don't see how being harsh benefits him or anyone else at this point.

These concepts are a good start, regardless of age. Creativity doesn't care about age. Execution and polish come with time, we all started somewhere. Is there more than can be done here? Absolutely, but we shouldn't concentrate on how old a person is to determine the quality of their work.

The similarity between the two is undeniable, though. Try using a different font for each concept's numbers - that's an easy way to get a different look quickly. Don't just go off of the teams color palette to determine how your jersey's going to look, and don't be afraid to think about the big picture. Your jersey represents the team as a whole - city and mascot. Maybe on the shoulders for the Dolphins, instead of a stripe, use a wave.

It's very easy to fall into a rut and start having designs look similar. The worst thing that can happen to you, as a designer, is to look back on a project and to ultimately see that you made the same thing 32 times with a different logo and a new set of colors. Push yourself, and the work will shine through.

crap can someone been nice to me for once. this is my thread if you don't like were I'm going than so be it. You will be the one missing out on the rest. I actually did something different on most of them. NO WAY? I only showed you the first to teams. the second one I still haven't gotten a vote yet.

crap can someone been nice to me for once. this is my thread if you don't like were I'm going than so be it. You will be the one missing out on the rest. I actually did something different on most of them. NO WAY? I only showed you the first to teams. the second one I still haven't gotten a vote yet.

how is anyone being mean to you? You've been saying this constantly but have never said how.

by the way the dolphins took a long time. The color is so hard to do

fyi there is a color picker on paint, also you could just right down the RGB code and type it in later.

crap can someone been nice to me for once. this is my thread if you don't like were I'm going than so be it.

We're not attacking you personally. You've got to learn to separate chastising from constructive criticism. The whole point of the boards is to help craft the best possible idea. You have a good start here - ultimately, it's your call whether or not you take the suggestions and run with them. If you don't like suggestions, don't listen to them, but don't get angry at people for offering their suggestions when you've asked what people think.

not what I was talking about jtswag it was the shade that was hard

because no one picked I'm bumping the dolphins. Lets move on now.

Yeah, you can pull the shade of aqua in the dolphin's logo on paint.

Instead of picking, we gave you C+C to try to get a concept better than 1 and 2. Like Dershwigg said, you don't have to take the feedback, but we're trying to help you improve. Don't just shoot anything negative down.

EDIT: PATS link seems broken.

Here's the Patriots concept.

qoFMn7w.png

This is a good effort. I'm still not completely sold on it, but it's a good first start.

-I think the logo is a downgrade. From a distance, the rifles look like oars. Try stylizing them a little bit, and consider making them a different color.

-You've used very similar fonts on all of your concepts so far. I'd like to see you try to find unique fonts for each team.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Color is too similar to the Bills. Would look like a practice game when they play each other. The stars also seem out of place, and considering it's the NFL, stars are really the Cowboys' thing. Also, those numbers on the alternate are going to strain the eyes. Might want to think about adding a white around the numbers.

Also, nobody is being mean to you. You're playing the victim when people are trying to give you advice about patience and creativity.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

thanks for the advice.

On the patriots I darkened the blue(other than the alternate), I added a white border on the alternate, and I changed the colors of the stars

http://llfhockey.imgur.com/all/

Ehhh, not feeling the stars on the side like that. Either have them small on the shoulders or trash them.

I say trash em, or incorporate a star into the stripe itself - but nix the beveling on it. The nautical star doesn't sit right with this team.

I like the navy blue - you might consider darkening the red as well.

I also agree with what's been said about the logo - it's a bit too detailed to work well a smaller size.

Archived