Fixing the Buccaneers' New Uniforms

Lights Out

Overall I don't think the Bucs' new look is anywhere near as bad as the meltdown over them suggests, other than the trainwreck of a number font. But, like most uniforms, I think there's still room for some tweaks and polishing. My ideas:

(The helmet would stay the same.)

RjNAA3D.png

1ieRlmP.png

pWilFqq.png

Another idea for the road jersey:

RONUwJs.png

The general idea of the yoke design is more or less kept the same, but it's tweaked a bit in order to ensure consistency across the uniform set. The hideous alarm-clock number font is replaced with something more "piratey" for lack of a better word. The pants stripes are tweaked to better reflect the tweaked yokes. Finally, no more sleeve patches.

Thoughts?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow, now this is what I have been saying all day! Small adjustments like this would've made the Bucs, in my opinion, a successful change. The first orange jersey posted is solid, but without a 2nd helmet I doubt the look could've been fully pulled off. The pewter jersey concept looks good, but I am not sure how well that'd look in real life.

For the actual home and away, amazing. Great work.

Great work. I'd still ditch the shoulder idea but if you want to do minor changes its good. I like the second alt a lot but I'd tone down the font a little. It is still 1000 times better than what theyre using now though.

PS: I like the pewter jersey the most. Could we see the pewter pants with the away jersey?

These are pretty nice. I'm not sure if the number font fits the "flow" of the uniforms (but neither does the current and yours is miles better). I love the orange jersey with the pewter numbers as well. Good job with these. I'm in the same boat as you; other than the number font, I really don't think the uniforms are that bad, they could just use some tweaks. I think you've fixed a lot that needed to be fixed with the uniforms.

You should have sent your ideas to Nike and the Bucs before they came up with their latest eyesores. Your uniforms are all fantastic, I especially like the stripes on your pants and the piratey numbers. As for the orange one, I would pick the one with the pewter numbers. Very cool stuff indeed!

A few thoughts on these:

-Though the number font the Bucs ultimately chose was bad, I don't think the one you selected is the right fix. If you want to go with skinny numbers I wouldn't have gone with something so octagonal. I'd either return to the font they had been using previously or go with a skinner font that is more rounded or curvy.

-There's no point in having a red, pewter and orange jersey. Since the Bucs wear their white jerseys at home the first half of the year there would barely be enough games in the last half of the year for the Bucs to wear all three of those. I'd just choose one of those three as the only primary home jersey. I recommend choosing the red.

-Get rid of the red pants. Red pants really don't look good on the bigger players.

-Consider paring up the pewter pants with the white jersey for the road look and paring up the white pants with the red jersey on those road trips where the other team is wearing white at home.

Archived