TBT: The Jersey Collage - By City

rmackman

I'm interested in posting a series of jersey collages on Instagram on Throwback Thursday. I'd like to do it city by city. The idea being creating a square photo of different jerseys of each pro team per city. Thus, if I'm doing Miami, you'd see a Dan Marino (Dolphins), Glen Rice (Heat), John Vanbiesbrouck (Panthers), Gary Sheffield (Marlins), Miami Fusion, and Ft. Lauderdale Strikers jersey in the photo. The jerseys have to be arranged as to be visible, and if possible, I'd prefer to see the names on the backs of the jersey if there are any. Otherwise, then it's okay to use the front. Jerseys should preferably be from 1960-2002. As I have all Miami stuff, would anyone else like to participate and provide other cities? Obviously I'd tag you and put "provided by XYZ."

Thoughts?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here's an example to help explain. This is the one I did for Miami:

IMG_20140304_093745_zps7c9c6d9d.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

That's pretty sweet. Forgive my inexpirence, how do you post pictures on here?

Nice teal Marlins jersey, by the way.

Thanks. The teal jersey is a 1993 BP jersey. In order to post photos, there's an icon that looks like a photograph above the typing window. Click that, then paste the url of the image into it.

spacer.png

That's awesome man. Although my collection isn't that big, I'd be happy to do Detroit. I've got 1 Tigers jersey, 2 Lions jerseys, a couple of Pistons and a Red Wings. A bunch of caps as well.

Yeah, see what you can come up with! Are they all throwbacks?

spacer.png

I have a pretty diverse collection of Lightning and Bucs jerseys. As far as Rays jerseys, however, all I have is a blue Longoria and a 1998 gray jersey that's blank. Would that be enough for a Tampa Bay collage?

And if it counts for anything, I also have a Penny Hardaway Magic jersey.

I have a pretty diverse collection of Lightning and Bucs jerseys. As far as Rays jerseys, however, all I have is a blue Longoria and a 1998 gray jersey that's blank. Would that be enough for a Tampa Bay collage?

And if it counts for anything, I also have a Penny Hardaway Magic jersey.

Definitely do it. Throw all of them in there. If you need the modern Rays jersey to fill the space, I'll deal with it, but if you can get away without using it, even better!

spacer.png

New York is going to be extremely tricky considering the amount of teams.

NBA - Knicks & Nets

MLB - Yankees & Mets

NFL - Giants & Jets

NHL - Rangers, Isles, and Devils (the Devils are in the New York Metro Area)

Soccer - Red Bulls (Metrostars) and Cosmos (NYCFC doesn't exist yet so you can't get throwbacks for them).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Interesting, I have a good collection myself but I don't think I would have enough to make a collage for one city :( most of my stuff is modern anyway, but a really cool idea. Interested to see more pics!

New York is going to be extremely tricky considering the amount of teams.

NBA - Knicks & Nets

MLB - Yankees & Mets

NFL - Giants & Jets

NHL - Rangers, Isles, and Devils (the Devils are in the New York Metro Area)

Soccer - Red Bulls (Metrostars) and Cosmos (NYCFC doesn't exist yet so you can't get throwbacks for them).

If you've got 'em, I'd love to see it!

spacer.png

Not all throwbacks.

My Tigers jersey is a Verlander, but from the front its the same as they've ever worn.

My Pistons jerseys are both throwbacks, early 90s blue Grant Hill and late 90s coppery-red alternate Cedric Ceballos.

Lions are Stafford and Joey Harrington.

Red Wings is a blank white.

Awesome! Do it up. Let's see.

spacer.png

Where did you get that Conine jersey? That thing is beautiful.

Had the BP jersey on my own, but it was customized at Grandstand in Chicago.

spacer.png

Archived