New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The orange jersey looks awesome. I think that could have worked as a modern alternate while keeping the rest of the look the same... But whatever.

Stitching is bad, orange numbers are bad, but at least the helmet is the same and the design is based on simple, bold stripes. Not an upgrade IMO but could have been leagues worse. Pants will probably be fine, but having 9 combos seems overkill for a team that plays 16 times a year (and that's all recently).

The problem with that is I am pretty certain the alt has to be a recolor of the primary color jersey.

The Patriots' silver jersey was a simple recolor of the white jersey.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a little bit of sarcasm. The only way the brown uniform shouldn't be the primary is if the white jersey is. Since the white jersey has more orange than brown now it needs to be the brown jersey as the primary.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I had contrasting red stitching on my black Jnco jeans in 1999. That looked soooooo good 16 years ago.

In all seriousness, if they must change they went pretty reserved for a Nike overhaul. The Buccaneers these are not. I was afraid they were gonna be a slash and burn job. Turns out it's just a pointless downgrade.

Totally sums up my thoughts. They told us it would be totally revolutionnary. Turns out to be a somewhat classic looking mess replacing a classic looking uniform using pretty much the same style and colors. The different elements used are already incredibly dated (contrasting stitching, upshadows, huge wordmark). Change for change sake...

Do the White Sox still wear white socks?

I know what you mean but seriously? Their brown uniform was unique.

They still have a brown uniform though.

I actually really like the jerseys. The contrasting stitching isn't bad at all. The Cleveland on the front is a bit hokey (no pun intended) but I'm liking it so far.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I'm fine with this look outside of the stitching, but I have a bad feeling about the pants. I can see it now: No stripes. "CLEVELAND" down one leg. "BROWNS" down the other. Orange socks with the orange pants, brown with the brown.

If they go conservative with the rest of the look tonight I'd probably say this is my favorite Nike rebrand, edging out the Vikings by one unnecessary black face mask.

[photo]

Is that brown or black? Serious question...

Black for sure.

How could a team called the Browns not have a brown uniform? So strange....

Because they're not named after the color they're named after a guy. The color is purely coincidental IMO.

Yeah, because brown is such a go-to color in the sports world :rolleyes:

Yes, they were named after the man, not the color. But they most certainly wear brown jerseys because of the name, not pure coincidence.

In all seriousness, if they must change they went pretty reserved for a Nike overhaul. The Buccaneers these are not. I was afraid they were gonna be a slash and burn job. Turns out it's just a pointless downgrade.

Pretty much. There are aspects of each jersey that I like but none of the three add up to what I'd call a good look. It's been said about eleventy billion times now but I'll say it again - it could have been much worse. Anyway...

Pros:

• The brown looks darker in the pictures. If it is, that's a plus
  • The new shade of orange is an upgrade.
  • Orange pants coming back - reserving final judgement until I see them
  • Orange jersey is a nice touch - as long as it's an alt.

Cons:

• Cleveland on the jerseys - welcome to Ohio High School football
  • Orange numbers - might have worked better with some sort of outline
  • Sleeve stripes need to either become shoulder stripes or move down a few degrees and become sleeve stripes. They're half pregnant as is.
  • Number font isn't awful but it's hardly great
  • Number shadows
  • Brown pants
  • Brown facemask

Overall: A perfect look - if you're Midpark High School in Ohio.

midparks-jason-mccombsjpg-f120888a33e66b

BB52Big.jpg

Because they're not named after the color they're named after a guy. The color is purely coincidental IMO.

Stop.

As I have said earlier, the reason they have brown is because Paul Brown was a master strategist and he wanted the ball to blend in with the uniforms. Well that's how the legend goes anyway.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a massive upgrade. The new orange really pops and the stitching is a brilliant detail. Orange numbers are okay but I'd love to have it paired with a white wordmark and a white NOB on the brown jersey. Overall these are the best new NFL uniforms since the 1996 Patriots set.

Stop.

As I have said earlier, the reason they have brown is because Paul Brown was a master strategist and he wanted the ball to blend in with the uniforms. Well that's how the legend goes anyway.

I thought they started wearing it because their original uniforms were Bowling Green hand-me-downs? Which is ironic considering Nike has them going to some nu-millennial college crap and orange jerseys, much like Bowling Green.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Considering the uniform this is replacing, it couldn't help but be a downgrade. The minute the Browns said they were changing the uniform, it was a downgrade by definition.

How come no one is talking about that number font (other than to complain about the shadow)? I'm not a fan of this tendency to take a standard block font, needlessly tweak it slightly, and call it custom. Either design a new font, or stick with a block... vaguely shaving the angles does nothing for me.

Pretty much. There are aspects of each jersey that I like but none of the three add up to what I'd call a good look. It's been said about eleventy billion times now but I'll say it again - it could have been much worse. Anyway...

Pros:

• The brown looks darker in the pictures. If it is, that's a plus
  • The new shade of orange is an upgrade.
  • Orange pants coming back - reserving final judgement until I see them
  • Orange jersey is a nice touch - as long as it's an alt.

Cons:

• Cleveland on the jerseys - welcome to Ohio High School football
  • Orange numbers - might have worked better with some sort of outline
  • Sleeve stripes need to either become shoulder stripes or move down a few degrees and become sleeve stripes. They're half pregnant as is.
  • Number font isn't awful but it's hardly great
  • Number shadows
  • Brown pants
  • Brown facemask

Overall: A perfect look - if you're Midpark High School in Ohio.

midparks-jason-mccombsjpg-f120888a33e66b

Not even close.

Stop.

I thought they started wearing it because their original uniforms were Bowling Green hand-me-downs? Which is ironic considering Nike has them going to some nu-millennial college crap and orange jerseys, much like Bowling Green.

There are many stories, and no one knows for sure. It's just whatever story you like better to be honest.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived