New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Contrast stitching -- highlighting the craftsmanship of the city"

Nobody can set their river on fire with such skill as this city!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Another over-the-top circus sideshow of an unveiling. Another clown-suit from the "Beaverton Big Top" brass. More carny-barker blathering about the unique styling of - and revolutionary features in - the new garments.

The ability of Nike executives to blow painfully-contrived smoke up their own collective ass is without equal.

Yep.

Turns out I was right. Nike tried to pass something the XF :censored: L did fifteen years ago as "revolutionary."

Helmet? We avoided a satin or matte finish, settling with good old gloss. So victory there, though I'd take grey or white over brown for the facemask.

Jerseys? The stripes are interesting and I like the dropshadows. Wish we had brown numbers on the whites and white numbers on the browns though. The large wordmark is just amateur hour.

Pants? Between the large jersey wordmark and the wordmarks down the pants? Yep. This whole look just screams NCAA mid-major.

CCl5WGtW4AA15_q.jpg

Looking at this photo, I don't hate it. Yes, they didn't have to change what was already a nice classic look. But if they had to change and still keep some elements of the old look while implementing modern design elements, we get this.

I don't like the elimination of the striped socks but orange socks are nice. I don't like the big names on the jersey and pants, but I can live with it considering they are going with a modern look. I don't like the mono brown or orange combos, but the other combos work for me.

For what it is, it's not bad. It's not something to rave about and not something that is making me extremely happy. It could have been worse. It could have been better. But overall, it's fine.

Go A's!

Why all the anger over the stitching?

Its only noticeable if you look closely, otherwise it just adds something to an otherwise very simple design.

The CLEVELAND wordmark, I was totally against, until I saw it on the Uniform, and while a little NCAA, its not horrible either.

The BROWNS stripe... meh. I'd prefer a traditional one, but they are trying to attract new fans, and the kids today (under 35) grew up on the Oregonization of Football.

My 17 year old LOVES the entire look. Stripes, wordmarks, and even the leg BROWNS. My guess is if you are under 35, you will love it, if you are over, you'll feel this is the death of tradition.

Another over-the-top circus sideshow of an unveiling. Another clown-suit from the "Beaverton Big Top" brass. More carny-barker blathering about the unique styling of - and revolutionary features in - the new garments.

The ability of Nike executives to blow painfully-contrived smoke up their own collective ass is without equal.

Yep.

Turns out I was right. Nike tried to pass something the XF :censored: L did fifteen years ago as "revolutionary."

Helmet? We avoided a satin or matte finish, settling with good old gloss. So victory there, though I'd take grey or white over brown for the facemask.

Jerseys? The stripes are interesting and I like the dropshadows. Wish we had brown numbers on the whites and white numbers on the browns though. The large wordmark is just amateur hour.

Pants? Between the large jersey wordmark and the wordmarks down the pants? Yep. This whole look just screams NCAA mid-major.

From the picture of the details " Bold satin finish orange helmet with large stripe pattern featuring a carbon fiber texture and a brown face-mask."

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Its only noticeable if you look closely, otherwise it just adds something to an otherwise very simple design.

The CLEVELAND wordmark, I was totally against, until I saw it on the Uniform, and while a little NCAA, its not horrible either.

The BROWNS stripe... meh. I'd prefer a traditional one, but they are trying to attract new fans, and the kids today (under 35) grew up on the Oregonization of Football.

My 17 year old LOVES the entire look. Stripes, wordmarks, and even the leg BROWNS. My guess is if you are under 35, you will love it, if you are over, you'll feel this is the death of tradition.

Don't group people in age categories! You will be mercilessly ridiculed and insulted! (I said the same thing yesterday.)

Yep.

From the picture of the details " Bold satin finish orange helmet with large stripe pattern featuring a carbon fiber texture and a brown face-mask."

That's nice. Nike's also saying a design element the XFL ran with fifteen years ago is revolutionary. Look at the helmet. That's gloss.

If that's what it takes to get new fans, let LA have the team. Cleveland is done. It was built on a blue collar, expletive-the-future mentality that doesn't exist anymore.

Might as well rename the city. Cleveland is done.

Honestly I kinda with they would just come up with an actual logo and slap in onto the helmet; there's no reason for a 90s expansion team to masquerade as traditionalists with their blank helmets if they are gonna trot onto the field in monochrome and lettered pants.

So, you;re saying that a recently founded team can't have a traditional look?

Honestly I kinda with they would just come up with an actual logo and slap in onto the helmet; there's no reason for a 90s expansion team to masquerade as traditionalists with their blank helmets if they are gonna trot onto the field in monochrome and lettered pants.

He's saying that if they're going to go along with this Orwellian revision of history and pretend to be the original Browns they can at least do us all the courtesy of looking like the original Browns. If they're not going to honour the tradition the city threw a tantrum over keeping then they might as well just go with something new all together.

If that's what it takes to get new fans, let LA have the team. Cleveland is done. It was built on a blue collar, expletive-the-future mentality that doesn't exist anymore.

So the city of Cleveland is done because the Browns changed their uniforms....

Overreaction much?

Donte Whitner: "when you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you play good." (Another one of my "rationalizations" that was destroyed yesterday.)

I'm sure Manziel feels good on the field considering how many mood altering substances he abuses.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Also, people keep saying that this is what to expect when you blend traditional and modern elements. Why couldn't you just have a change from one traditional look to another (other than Nike being involved, of course)? This uni minus the wordmarks and orange jersey numbers would have been just that. It also would've looked very good.

He's saying that if they're going to go along with this Orwellian revision of history and pretend to be the original Browns they can at least do us all the courtesy of looking like the original Browns. If they're not going to honour the tradition the city threw a tantrum over keeping then they might as well just go with something new all together.

Okay, I get it now.

So the city of Cleveland is done because the Browns changed their uniforms....

Overreaction much?

What this city is becoming is nothing I recognize as Cleveland,

More like Portland. (Oregon, for anyone wondering)

Yep.

That's nice. Nike's also saying a design element the XFL ran with fifteen years ago is revolutionary. Look at the helmet. That's gloss.

No, it's satin. A gloss helmet would've had much more of a refection in it from the stage lighting at the unveiling.

Archived