New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how soon after they unveil these beauties will one be able to procure one?

Maybe within a month depending on when they go on sale. They could go on sale online and ship within "4-6 weeks" . OR you could probably buy a jersey in person at one of the NFL retailers soon afterward

Do you think they would have them sooner in the Cleveland area?
Probably, but they won't have player's name on the back, just numbers. Then in a month or so, the actual jerseys will be on sale. Trust me no matter how great or horrible they are, people here in Cleveland will buy it. If I'm wrong, oh well...

The fans who don't care for the team's history will buy it. Those who do, won't. The battle lines are pretty well drawn here in Cleveland and aesthetics will not factor in at all outside of the people who think only in terms of aesthetics.

I'm surprised to hear that a lot people really like the Dolphins' new unis. To me, their old set was amazing. They took all the fun out of the logo and the uniform seems entirely bland to me.

brandon-marshall-6.jpg

You are not alone in your opinion there.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I'm surprised to hear that a lot people really like the Dolphins' new unis. To me, their old set was amazing. They took all the fun out of the logo and the uniform seems entirely bland to me.

brandon-marshall-6.jpg

You are not alone in your opinion there.

The new logo looks like a something you'd find on a panel for Seaworld.

The old uniforms reek of mid-2000's dark trims everywhere for everyone. But the new uniforms rip the team of all identity. At least the old look had an iconic logo that was full of life. Some things are better about the new look. But more things are a downgrade than an upgrade. And not just the logo. The colors are fine enough, but it's the way they're used that make the look as a whole just bland.

Maybe within a month depending on when they go on sale. They could go on sale online and ship within "4-6 weeks" . OR you could probably buy a jersey in person at one of the NFL retailers soon afterward

Probably, but they won't have player's name on the back, just numbers. Then in a month or so, the actual jerseys will be on sale. Trust me no matter how great or horrible they are, people here in Cleveland will buy it. If I'm wrong, oh well...

The fans who don't care for the team's history will buy it. Those who do, won't. The battle lines are pretty well drawn here in Cleveland and aesthetics will not factor in at all outside of the people who think only in terms of aesthetics.

People tried saying this 18 years ago in Denver as well but by mid season most everyone was wearing the new blue duds. I give it about that long here in Northeast Ohio before we start seeing them everywhere and people give in.

I'm in Akron and I'll be picking one up. They should have changed in 99 when they came back but that's just my opinion.

People tried saying this 18 years ago in Denver as well but by mid season most everyone was wearing the new blue duds. I give it about that long here in Northeast Ohio before we start seeing them everywhere and people give in.

I'm in Akron and I'll be picking one up. They should have changed in 99 when they came back but that's just my opinion.

If so, I'll be disappointed in my fellow Clevelanders and will truly be the end of the real Cleveland (becoming way too much of a yuppie city, we used to be a city you didn't mess with - see the state of the NFL offices [i.e nonfunctional] for a couple of days in 1996).

If you can't tell, I have a not that high opinion of yuppies/hipsters and the non-technological aspects (i.e culture/politics) of the 21st century.

If so, I'll be disappointed in my fellow Clevelanders and will truly be the end of the real Cleveland (becoming way too much of a yuppie city, we used to be a city you didn't mess with - see the state of the NFL offices [i.e nonfunctional] for a couple of days in 1996).

If you can't tell, I have a not that high opinion of yuppies/hipsters and the non-technological aspects (i.e culture/politics) of the 21st century.

The only thing you're missing in this comment is "get off my lawn".

I'm a young codger. That's for old codgers. :D

Seriously, though, I probably should turn my ideas on how to fix NFL uniforms into a thread over on the concepts board.

Spoiler alert: The Raiders uniform is untouched.

I'm a young codger. That's for old codgers. :D

Seriously, though, I probably should turn my ideas on how to fix NFL uniforms into a thread over on the concepts board.

Spoiler alert: The Raiders uniform is untouched.

Watch Nike turn those to Buccaneers 2.0 lol

Since I didn't post this after the logo announcemnet. Here's my thoughts on the new logo.

New helmet
no major issues (not crazy about the brown facemask, would've perferred grey or white). The new shade of orange is fine, may be closer to the older helmets than what they had been wearing.

New wordmark
not bad, but it would have been nice to have an outlined version as an option

New dawg pound logo
a mess, looks like something Brandiose would design for the Mahoning Valley Scrappers (minor league baseball team). They should've just recolored the old dawg logo with the new orange.

I think as long as it doesn't look like absolute hell most fans will buy the new stuff. If it does, i think you'll see enough people avoid it that the team changes again as soon as they can. At the end of the day we're fans of the team, not necessarily the jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

the casual fans love the new Bucs uniforms, the Dolphins uniform is seen as a universal upgrade, and that with most people under 25 who even casually follow the sport, the Seahawks have the best uniforms in the NFL.

Do you have statistical or anecdotal evidence to support these claims?

No, how would I? I'm a pretty sociable person, and I've heard these opinions expressed in lots of sportsbars on Sundays and from co-workers and friends who are casual fans when watching the games on Sundays.

I'm just the opposite... I've been in discussions with the so-called "casual" fan, and I've never heard anyone praise Tampa's new uniform. I've heard people make fun of it. Same for Jacksonville's helmet. Of course most people offer up no opinion about uniforms, for the most part, but if you ask (which I occasionally do), they never have anything nice to say about the Bucs or Jags. I think people are generally more favorable towards the Seahawks' uniform, but I'd wager that has much more to do with the back to back super Bowl appearances than it does with anyone really considering the aesthetic merits of the look.

the casual fans love the new Bucs uniforms, the Dolphins uniform is seen as a universal upgrade, and that with most people under 25 who even casually follow the sport, the Seahawks have the best uniforms in the NFL.

Do you have statistical or anecdotal evidence to support these claims?

No, how would I? I'm a pretty sociable person, and I've heard these opinions expressed in lots of sportsbars on Sundays and from co-workers and friends who are casual fans when watching the games on Sundays.

I'm just the opposite... I've been in discussions with the so-called "casual" fan, and I've never heard anyone praise Tampa's new uniform. I've heard people make fun of it. Same for Jacksonville's helmet. Of course most people offer up no opinion about uniforms, for the most part, but if you ask (which I occasionally do), they never have anything nice to say about the Bucs or Jags. I think people are generally more favorable towards the Seahawks' uniform, but I'd wager that has much more to do with the back to back super Bowl appearances than it does with anyone really considering the aesthetic merits of the look.

Unfortunately I have heard praising of the Bucs & Jags uniforms... I have actually heard a lot of praising of the Seahawks uniforms even when they first came out... I have even heard of people praising the Vikings new uniforms go figure... :oh: I said this before the Seahawks & Vikings are the only ones to me that are not complete busts by Nike... Oh yeah evidently this guy is was the former Sound of Throwing Pennies so no telling who he talked too... Although his new work in the concepts forum was better than before....

The Seahawks only have 1 real issue with their uniforms and its that weird duck pattern that goes down the pants, around the collar, and on the helmet. If you take the patter of the helmet and leave it just with the logo, its a major upgrade. If you take the pattern off the pants stripe and collar... and make it a more modern stripe to play off the front shoulder stripe, the set would be a massive upgrade. Massive.

The only issue with the Dolphins I see is that the new logo doesn't have helmet on the fish mammal. Other than that, I think the emphasis on the teal and dark teal was a good move. There aren't any teams in the NFL that emphasize that color pallet. Jacksonville focuses more on black and gold. Not only that, with the Broncos now making orange their home uniform... you have 3 teams that use orange predominantly in their pallet. Not to mention a lesser team like the Bears.

The Vikings only have 1 real issue and that's not making BOTH numbers look like viking sails.

The Bucs and Jags are lost causes.

Archived