New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

If the Jags just got rid of the goofy helmet, I'd be ok with them. I think it should be black, though because there's just not enough gold in the rest of the uniform. It would look awkward, but still better than what they have now.

If the Jags want a gradient helmet, they should design a helmet that looks like an actual smooth gradient. Not some half-assed goofy looking helmet with a fading line sliced right down the middle.

As for the uniforms, they should have a teal home jersey. It would be more reminiscent to that previous look that worked perfectly for them, without having to re-use an outdated design.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an attempt to get back on topic....we are 17 days away from seeing what the Browns release so will they be in Camp A - Modern (Jags, Bucs, Seahawks) or Camp B - Simple (Vikings, Dolphins) in terms of their helmet/jersey redesign ? Hopefully it is Camp B to even out the modern/simple thing Nike seems to have going on

Hoping and praying it's this. The only thing that makes me think this is the helmet is staying the same. If they get uniforms that would work for the Power Rangers but wear helmets that only have stripes, they'll look like a high school team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5163533000_8bc349fb94_z.jpg

This is the Saints alternate I was talking about earlier.

That's a Photoshop. Saints have never worn that uniform. Check out Reggie's teammates wearing white jerseys with black pants on the sidelines.

I think the last time they wore a gold alternate (but not that one^^) was about 12 years ago against the Vikings.

Saints+2002.jpg

defensejpg-24c537aa9150cfe8_large.jpg

04.jpg

Apparently, somebody decided it wasn't dark enough to function as a true home (dark) jersey, and the Vikings were asked to wear purple.

and in true Saints fashion the gold jersey didn't come close to matching that of the helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Panthers and Jags original looks were very good. One of the teams has enough sense to not mess with what works. The other has to put a swimming pool in their stadium to get people to show up.

You sounded like you knew what you were talking about for a second there, until you started talking about the pools.

The Panthers and Jags original looks were very good. One of the teams has enough sense to not mess with what works. The other has to put a swimming pool in their stadium to get people to show up.

You sounded like you knew what you were talking about for a second there, until you started talking about the pools.

Seriously, what are you talking about...

the pools aren't attracting anyone.

How dare anyone criticize an nfl franchise adding swimming pools to its in game experience...

How dare anyone criticize an nfl franchise adding swimming pools to its in game experience...

I don't think they want to add it to their IN-game experience. The Panthers tried that once...

2998d994-e286-4d47-93a4-c48d5c1c041c_650

Screen_Shot_2012-01-29_at_9.52.15_AM.png

The Jaguars haven't had attendance issues in the last 5 or 6 years, that's with an absolutely terrible on-field product. It's not like people are all of a sudden coming to games since they have pools. Also the helmets are awful but the rest of the uniform is a huge upgrade over the 09-12 set in every other way.

I don't think they want to add it to their IN-game experience. The Panthers tried that once...

Still one of the worst games I've ever watched, and almost went to. Dodged a bullet.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

The Jaguars haven't had attendance issues in the last 5 or 6 years, that's with an absolutely terrible on-field product. It's not like people are all of a sudden coming to games since they have pools. Also the helmets are awful but the rest of the uniform is a huge upgrade over the 09-12 set in every other way.

Why add swimming pools inside the stadium then? Seems like a pretty cheap gimmick to sell tickets to me. Don't they also have a jumbo screen dedicated to airing the red zone channel to get butts in seats?

Still one of the worst games I've ever watched, and almost went to. Dodged a bullet.
I remember watching RedZone that day and kept wanting them to switch back to this game. I thought it was awesome

2998d994-e286-4d47-93a4-c48d5c1c041c_650Screen_Shot_2012-01-29_at_9.52.15_AM.png

I was there and it was one of the more fun games I remember going to. After how bad the panthers played the whole season before I was just glad to see them get a w, and the second half was actually pretty dry in the stands.

2998d994-e286-4d47-93a4-c48d5c1c041c_650Screen_Shot_2012-01-29_at_9.52.15_AM.png

I was there and it was one of the more fun games I remember going to. After how bad the panthers played the whole season before I was just glad to see them get a w, and the second half was actually pretty dry in the stands.
But still, the first half was some of the worst football I've seen in a while(look at that score!), combined with the fact that this image may show where I would've sat, and exemplifies the 2010 season:

Pfan_crop_north_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=5

But enough of this, this thread is for the eventual Browns craptastic uniforms.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I have seen several threads on here be Cleve-Jacked, but I didn't think an actual Cleveland thread would be jacked by all the other teams in the NFL.

To be fair it's pretty dumb to make people wait this long to see uniforms. Especially since they were probably finalized months ago.

Don't feel like there's much more to talk about until the unveiling.

I have seen several threads on here be Cleve-Jacked, but I didn't think an actual Cleveland thread would be jacked by all the other teams in the NFL.

To be fair it's pretty dumb to make people wait this long to see uniforms. Especially since they were probably finalized months ago.

Don't feel like there's much more to talk about until the unveiling.

It's not dumb at all for teams to sync up their unveilings with the league's big springtime event when a considerable amount of merchandising $$$ and media attention is being spent on marketing to that event. It's the perfect synergestic opportunity to drive incremental sales with minimal investment...

Why add swimming pools inside the stadium then? Seems like a pretty cheap gimmick to sell tickets to me. Don't they also have a jumbo screen dedicated to airing the red zone channel to get butts in seats?

They the 2 largest video boards in the world, one in each end zone. They have areas in the stadium that do show the red zone channel but not one of the screens dedicated to it. Think of the pool area as the premium/club seats. The pool area tickets were sold out to business before the season started. The team didn't renovate and add pools to sell extra tickets, it's about generating revenue in a smaller market. The team gets a bad wrap for blackouts that haven't happened since 2009. I'm surprised as many people go to the games as they do with the terrible on-field product that has been put out over the past years. Anyone that makes attendance/stadium jokes about the Jaguars is misinformed or just has no clue in general. Early to mid 2000s the attendance and stadium jokes would have been warranted, couldn't be farther from the truth now though.

They the 2 largest video boards in the world, one in each end zone. They have areas in the stadium that do show the red zone channel but not one of the screens dedicated to it. Think of the pool area as the premium/club seats. The pool area tickets were sold out to business before the season started. The team didn't renovate and add pools to sell extra tickets, it's about generating revenue in a smaller market. The team gets a bad wrap for blackouts that haven't happened since 2009. I'm surprised as many people go to the games as they do with the terrible on-field product that has been put out over the past years. Anyone that makes attendance/stadium jokes about the Jaguars is misinformed or just has no clue in general. Early to mid 2000s the attendance and stadium jokes would have been warranted, couldn't be farther from the truth now though.

It all just feels like they are sending a marketing message somewhere between douchey/tacky to minor league and adds to the perception that the rest of the country does not see Jax as a legitimate major league market.

Jags haven't had attendance issues the last few years... because they have tarped off tons of seats in their upper decks. Fill those seats on a regular basis, and then you can say that the Jags don't have attendance issues.

As for the Browns, I'm a lifetime fan. I'm scared to death about how Nike is going to destroy a classic uniform. Almost anything Nike touches when they redesign uniforms turn out to be a disaster.

Archived