New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Jags haven't had attendance issues the last few years... because they have tarped off tons of seats in their upper decks. Fill those seats on a regular basis, and then you can say that the Jags don't have attendance issues.

As for the Browns, I'm a lifetime fan. I'm scared to death about how Nike is going to destroy a classic uniform. Almost anything Nike touches when they redesign uniforms turn out to be a disaster.

Cleveland was 20th in attendance last season. Jacksonville was 21. Let's get back to unis though.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jags haven't had attendance issues the last few years... because they have tarped off tons of seats in their upper decks. Fill those seats on a regular basis, and then you can say that the Jags don't have attendance issues.

As for the Browns, I'm a lifetime fan. I'm scared to death about how Nike is going to destroy a classic uniform. Almost anything Nike touches when they redesign uniforms turn out to be a disaster.

They had to tarp off those seats. The only reason they need them in the first place was for the Georgia/Florida game. Without the tarps its around a 75,000 seat stadium. Which would mean without the tarps, to fill the stadium, they would be a top 10 team in terms of attendance. That just isn't doable in one of the NFL's smallest markets (2nd smallest I believe). The first owner wanted a smaller stadium (the size it was with the tarps) because they are in a smaller market. But when you look at their attendance the last few years, they are mid to high 20s in terms of home average attendance except for 2013: 2010 - 24th, 2011 - 25th, 2012 - 20th, 2013 - 28th, 2014 - 21st. So when you consider they are the 2nd smallest NFL market, their attendance is pretty good.

It's one of the larger NFL stadiums located in one of the smaller NFL markets. Jacksonville is an easy target but I think most teams put in that situation would have had the same problem.

It all just feels like they are sending a marketing message somewhere between douchey/tacky to minor league and adds to the perception that the rest of the country does not see Jax as a legitimate major league market.

The pool area was just a creative way to remove some of the tarps; as it took out 9,500 seats. It removed 6 tarped sections. There are only 2 left and they are working towards removing those as well.

Jacksonville isn't the first pro team to add a swimming pool and I don't think they'll be the last. I'd say it's more about the grandiose vision of the owner. I mean, this is the practice facility he is wanting to build.

021715_fsf_nfl_jaguars_shipyard_practice

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

What in the name of MC Escher is going on there? Is that an elevated field above another practice field?

Yep. It looks more like tennis courts on a cruise ship or something at first glance. Then you realize those are huge football fields on the waterfront. It's not the most practical design but it looks cool. :P

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

What in the name of MC Escher is going on there? Is that an elevated field above another practice field?

Yep. It looks more like tennis courts on a cruise ship or something at first glance. Then you realize those are huge football fields on the waterfront. It's not the most practical design but it looks cool. :P

Qbert.png

It looks awesome, just as long as they're careful on those out routes

It's one of the larger NFL stadiums located in one of the smaller NFL markets. Jacksonville is an easy target but I think most teams put in that situation would have had the same problem.

It all just feels like they are sending a marketing message somewhere between douchey/tacky to minor league and adds to the perception that the rest of the country does not see Jax as a legitimate major league market.

The pool area was just a creative way to remove some of the tarps; as it took out 9,500 seats. It removed 6 tarped sections. There are only 2 left and they are working towards removing those as well.

Jacksonville isn't the first pro team to add a swimming pool and I don't think they'll be the last. I'd say it's more about the grandiose vision of the owner. I mean, this is the practice facility he is wanting to build.

021715_fsf_nfl_jaguars_shipyard_practice

Where in London is this project being proposed?

In London's dilapidated Jacksonville shipyards.

SHIPYARDS_AERIAL_2_CREDIT_POPULOUS.0.0.j

Here's a video for those interested in seeing more of the project renderings. https://vimeo.com/119653089

Just as a heads up, season ticket holders are getting emails informing them that they have won tickets to go and see the unveiling. Saw it on twitter. Someone screen capped it.

Good. Hopefully those in attendance will give a proper reaction to the uniforms. If they are terrible, hopefully the fans boo. If the uniforms are fantastic, hopefully they cheer. But there better not be a PC reaction.

Just as a heads up, season ticket holders are getting emails informing them that they have won tickets to go and see the unveiling. Saw it on twitter. Someone screen capped it.

Good. Hopefully those in attendance will give a proper reaction to the uniforms. If they are terrible, hopefully the fans boo. If the uniforms are fantastic, hopefully they cheer. But there better not be a PC reaction.

I can Agee with you there. And just to prove:

@Windy10391: Won two tickets to see the unveiling of the new Browns jerseys! Hope they're amazing. http://t.co/ToKnDnmIVy

Here's a video for those interested in seeing more of the project renderings. https://vimeo.com/119653089

And this has WHAT exactly to do with the Browns new uniforms?

Archived