New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously Browns fans are already freaking out about them and saying they hate them.

Ha are you the one that leaked em??

I like them.

For some reason I feel like the "nikefied" "kewl" "click and fill" "garbage" comments will be kept to a minimum. But we'll wait and see. I have to see them on field before passing final judgement.

Obviously Browns fans are already freaking out about them and saying they hate them.

Ha are you the one that leaked em??

I like them.

For some reason I feel like the "nikefied" "kewl" "click and fill" "garbage" comments will be kept to a minimum. But we'll wait and see. I have to see them on field before passing final judgement.

No but I was the one who asked Phil Hecken if they were legit. The person who leaked it posted two tweets with the jersey then later deleted them. And I've seen a lot of negative posts about the leaked jersey. Twitter looks like what it did when the Browns drafted Justine Gilbert lol.

Just one before I die.

33933305.jpg

If those are indeed real, then they are already better than the Bucs, Jaguars, and Seahawks. On par with the Dolphins and just below the Vikings.

Still have to see the brown and white jerseys to see if the numbers have that drop shadow also.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Definite downgrade over what I thought was the best jersey in the league. Hopefully these are alternates and their primary is still brown.

That being said, I got excited when I saw these just because they didn't totally screw up. These may not be as good as the old jerseys, but they're still pretty solid. Probably top half of the league depending on how the on-field jerseys look. It's pretty hard to tell on these replicas how the stripes are actually supposed to look.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't love them, but those are so much better than I thought they would be. I wouldn't be mad if those ended up being the real thing.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Couple of thoughts now that I've had time to digest it.

-Overall impressions is that it is fairly understated given recent overhauls. While it is a bit different than previous Browns unis, it should still read as Cleveland and is definitely a traditional design.

-It looks to me like the striping might angle on the sleeve caps and then come across the chest straight into the wordmark. If you look, it appears parallel and the top two stripes meet the bottom stripe at a pointed angle.

-The shadow is bizarre since it is shadowing the top portion. Would have preferred a simple stroke or even no outline.

-Might be a trick of the fabric but there seems to be a slight curve in the middle portion of the "2". Definitely some harsh cuts in the ends of the numbers.

-I do wish the font was from the same family as the wordmark. Seems like a missed opportunity after putting in all the effort with that just to have a conflicting style for the numbers.

-I like the move to focus on the helmet stripe. Leaves some semblance of tradition while modernizing it a bit. Should also simplify the branding and allow for consistency from helmet to jersey to pants.

-The Cleveland chest wordmark works. You don't see that much in the NFL like you do in college and I think it will be a nice distinction for the Browns. Only question is if they use Cleveland on all three or Browns on the others?

I really like it, considering my fear of what it could have (or will) be.

I'd love to see the large wordmark on all three sets... I would prefer no outline or shading on the other two jerseys though.

Drop shadow definitely looks odd. And while i do like the number font, i agree that it's a shame it kind of clashes with the wordmark font.

Finally, and most interestingly, the other two jerseys (theoretically) could be a totally different style. I doubt it, but you never know. If they ends up being the same design style, I'm curious to see whether the striping will be consistent (like Florida) or if they will be simple color-swaps.

Curious to see pants too. And *real* helmet.

I'm excited. I had very low expectations, but this is pleasing so far.

P.s. it looks like the striping position will vary from Seattle's. Higher up on the sleeve (striping is continuous too, rather than ceasing at hem.) My guess is also that it will appear straight/horizontal across the player when jersey is being worn.

P.s.s. striped socks plzzzz

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived