New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

This picture was retweeted by Phil Hecken. It looks pretty legit to me.

y4ar7ZZ.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Believeland1994/status/584137579081015297

So that is likely a pic from a distribution center ready to send new Browns' merchandise out, or the store room of a retailer who has already received the merchandise, correct? And, I assume that is a fan alternate of some kind? Would retailers already have received the merchandise? It looks like its racked up to be pushed out on to the sales floor...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made a rough cut of it in Paint to check it out on a players cut. [EDIT: forgot to tweak the # font but I think you get it]

Shd1v6c.png

(Template posted by LEWJ in PUP 2.0)

If it's forreal, then it's probably not the most perfect route they could have taken. However, I'd say that their goal in the first place was to bring out a fresh look to put behind a recent history of mediocrity, and if that means lateral movement from one standard traditional look to another, then far be it from me to be too disappointed, especially coming from the camp expecting them to roll out intolerable garbage.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the drop shadows are only on the orange jersey as a throwback to this.

Browns-orange-jersey-205x300.jpg

Made a rough cut of it in Paint to check it out on a players cut. [EDIT: forgot to tweak the # font but I think you get it]

Shd1v6c.png

(Template posted by LEWJ in PUP 2.0)

If it's forreal, then it's probably not the most perfect route they could have taken. However, I'd say that their goal in the first place was to bring out a fresh look to put behind a recent history of mediocrity, and if that means lateral movement from one standard traditional look to another, then far be it from me to be too disappointed, especially coming from the camp expecting them to roll out intolerable garbage.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the drop shadows are only on the orange jersey as a throwback to this.

Browns-orange-jersey-205x300.jpg

Nice work, overall. I assume you just stuck the old pants and socks in as a place holder, since they obviously haven't been leaked. A couple of thing, though...

In the supposed leak, the stripes are lower, more on level with the wordmark... definitely below the collar. Also it seems to that the stripes end against the front jersey seam in a way isn't quite vertical.

And a few thoughts, overall. Again, IF these are real, I'm guessing the orange IS the primary. And, if the primary uniform is an orange jersey and helmet, I'd bet they wear it with brown pants, least most of the time.

Remember when the player (whoever he was) tweeted the "Oregon of the NFL" stuff? My assumption was that had less to do with some wild design element (Oregon's actual design isn't all that wild these days) and more to do with details, options, and combinations. Three jerseys, three pairs of pants, probably at least two pairs of socks... that's a lot of choices, you'd think. Here's the problem (or actually, the good news IMO), the NFL only allows a team to wear an alternate jersey twice, and only allows one helmet. So in the NFL "mix and match" just means switching out a few pairs of pants... hardly Oregon-like in practice.

Also, if there's no gray on the helmet, and no gray on at least this jersey, if there's a gray pants (or worse, jersey) option, it'll look ridiculously out of place.

Seems too easy... this is the part of the movie where the monster jumps out from behind and eats us. So the whole point of the rebrand was to slightly change the colors, slightly change the logo, and slightly change the uniforms?

If this is it, I guess kudos to them for not screwing it up more.

I'm not sure I'm buying this as being accurate... at least I hope it isn't.

First and foremost, the font. It's a completely different font than they released with the logos and rebranding. So they are going to just have a font for logo but not use them on the uniform?

Second, Nike doesn't seem to like drop shadows. I can't remember the last uniform they put a drop shadow on. Not sure why they would start now.

Third, Alec Scheiner said the uniforms would be a stronger departure from the classic look than the logos were. So, by stronger departure, he just meant they are adding a third jersey that is the same basic style as the previous uniform?

Fourth, no gray or gunmetal or whatever Nike calls it. They are making such a huge deal about gray being introduced to the color pallet, yet its no where on the uniform?

Fifth, not sure why the alternate uniform would be the first to be leaked. I would think they would make their way to stores later than the rest of the stuff.

First and foremost, the font. It's a completely different font than they released with the logos and rebranding. So they are going to just have a font for logo but not use them on the uniform?

The Seahawks, Vikings, and Buccaneers all have different wordmark fonts and number fonts, just to name a few more recent NFL updates. The Patriots wordmark doesn't match anything in their uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

you do realize, at most, it's could be somewhat of a throwback?

One way I can tell is how it has "DAWG POUND" written on the inside of the collar. I've only seen this done once and that was with the Redskins throwbacks a few years ago.

I would consider these a huge win as I was bracing for the absolute worst. I just hope there's a brown jersey in the set. And ideally brown would remain the primary.

One way I can tell is how it has "DAWG POUND" written on the inside of the collar. I've only seen this done once and that was with the Redskins throwbacks a few years ago.

This isn't unprecedented.

120403_uniform_inside.jpg

Another alt though. I don't remember - is it on the black or white Panthers jerseys?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would consider these a huge win as I was bracing for the absolute worst. I just hope there's a brown jersey in the set. And ideally brown would remain the primary.

This isn't unprecedented.

120403_uniform_inside.jpg

my mistake. I didn't realize the Panthers do it. Now I wouldn't be surprised if more teams actually did this. If the Cowboys ever did it I'd place a bet on them using "AMERICA'S TEAM"

I wonder why the Pahtners still use the pressed logo vs a patch. I've found it odd that they've never changed that in their entire history.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

CLEVELAND = COLLEGE

Pro uniforms used to have 2 great distinctions from their semi-pro brethren. All pants had stripes of some sort (assumed it was because stripes were more professional) and no oversized word marks on the front (because you already knew who the team was). Looks like that final ship has sailed.

That makes me think that Dick's had these made up to appease the masses when the jerseys release. The font and the large Cleveland is what makes me think that the jersey is just a fan fiction version.

When's the last time Dick's did something like that? I'm not sure Dick's has the licensing power to make up fake Joe Haden Cleveland Browns jerseys made by Nike.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived