New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I've now switched my allegiance to Camp Gray after seeing this mockup. it would be so browns of them to do such a thing.

I'm fully convinced the reason we haven't seen a brown jersey yet is because it doesn't exist. We're gonna get grey, I just know it.

By the same logic, you should be convinced that a gray jersey doesn't exist because we haven't seen that one either.

I'm talking about the brown jersey. That's the white one with a drop shadow.

Hey... sure enough...

1946_Cleveland.png

I've never seen an actual picture of that.

That's even weirder - the shadow is on the north east, not the north west like the new one. Is "lift shadow" an actual term? If so, I can't think of any other examples - and for good reason.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that this really helps justify anything, but there was one other team in years past that did the lift-shadow thing--and sure enough it was also "northwest":

24271_01_lg.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Even if they really are switching to orange as the primary or introducing a grey jersey, I wouldn't be too worried about it. The hardcore Browns fans will put so much pressure on ownership to bring back the brown jerseys as the primary home jersey that it would last one year, at most.

Remember back when Kellen Winslow claimed in a Penthouse interview that the Browns were getting new jerseys? The team office was inundated with calls from angry fans demanding the traditional designs be kept.

Back in 2012, the Mike Holmgren-led front office tried to have the team wear white jerseys for all home games to follow in the tradition of Paul Brown and Marty Schottenheimer, but again were so inundated with complaints from fans and the brown jerseys showed up in November.

Every time the team has tried to make some sort of major change to the uniforms, there has been a major backlash from the fans.

---

I'm still not sure where the "grey jersey" idea originated from in the first place. Tony Grossi, the beat writer who's been the most "in the loop" has always claimed that grey would be an accent color and the primary jerseys would remain the traditional brown, white, and orange.

Even if they really are switching to orange as the primary or introducing a grey jersey, I wouldn't be too worried about it. The hardcore Browns fans will put so much pressure on ownership to bring back the brown jerseys as the primary home jersey that it would last one year, at most.

Remember back when Kellen Winslow claimed in a Penthouse interview that the Browns were getting new jerseys? The team office was inundated with calls from angry fans demanding the traditional designs be kept.

Back in 2012, the Mike Holmgren-led front office tried to have the team wear white jerseys for all home games to follow in the tradition of Paul Brown and Marty Schottenheimer, but again were so inundated with complaints from fans and the brown jerseys showed up in November.

Every time the team has tried to make some sort of major change to the uniforms, there has been a major backlash from the fans.

---

I'm still not sure where the "grey jersey" idea originated from in the first place. Tony Grossi, the beat writer who's been the most "in the loop" has always claimed that grey would be an accent color and the primary jerseys would remain the traditional brown, white, and orange.

The Browns actually wore all white for the entirety of the 2011 season. I just looked it up and it appears the Brown jersey only appeared in the Preseason. I didn't know this at all.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/teams/2011_Cleveland.html

bSLCtu2.png

Just thinking, what if there is no brown jersey at all and the new set is an orange jersey and two white ones (one with orange numbers, one with brown) or worse yet, a grey one?

Orange with white numbers, white with orange numbers, and gray with brown numbers?

Wouldn't put it past them.

Oh man, this place would Buffaslug all over itself if they had a Gray jersey instead of a Brown one. I'm actually rooting for it, just for the reaction.

I think it's safe to say I'm just trying to stir up trouble...

brwnew_zpsjoec8vb2.png

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27526-1376635694-10

Just thinking, what if there is no brown jersey at all and the new set is an orange jersey and two white ones (one with orange numbers, one with brown) or worse yet, a grey one?

Orange with white numbers, white with orange numbers, and gray with brown numbers?

Oh man, this place would Buffaslug all over itself if they had a Gray jersey instead of a Brown one. I'm actually rooting for it, just for the reaction.

brwnew_zpsjoec8vb2.png

No,just no...I still believe that the orange jersey will be the alternate.

Just goes to show how out of place the gray would look. Why have a third jersey and pant option that doesn't match the other two? Grey pants would look ridiculous with a white/orange jersey and orange helmet that contains no gray at all.

Am I the only one who thinks the new uniforms (from what we've seen so far) have a 1990s collegiate looks, and not in a good way

No, everyone's been saying that. I kinda like it though. Now that it's unique it can be really cool, especially now that uniforms aren't as shiny. Drop shadow numbers immediately make me think of shiny screenprinted bumbers but I think it could look cool now. As long as they own it and everyone doesn't start copying it.

brwnew_zpsjoec8vb2.png

No,just no...I still believe that the orange jersey will be the alternate.

Just goes to show how out of place the gray would look. Why have a third jersey and pant option that doesn't match the other two? Grey pants would look ridiculous with a white/orange jersey and orange helmet that contains no gray at all.

That concept doesn't show gray, though. It shows a deep sand color. I think a dark gray/gun metal gray will look great.

Im a Browns fan and you put to much faith in Browns fans caring.

Most I know don't mind the Orange jersey.

And if the team wins nobody gives a rats ass.

---

Not that this really helps justify anything, but there was one other team in years past that did the lift-shadow thing--and sure enough it was also "northwest":

24271_01_lg.jpg

that one almost makes sense though.. at least the number shadows kind of mimic the mountain shadows....

I'm having a really hard time imagining Donte Whitner reacting the way he did to the leaked jersey.

I still feel that those leaked imago are not the ones we are going to see unveiled. I agree with you that Whitner would not have reacted the way he did if these images were indeed the real thing. I think management has also said that it will be quite the departure from the previous ones. These jerseys are different but not too outrageous.

I'm having a really hard time imagining Donte Whitner reacting the way he did to the leaked jersey.

Was he reacting to the jersey alone or the full uniform?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The pants are still a wildcard if those jerseys turn out to be correct. They could really kill the overall look.

The pants are still a wildcard if those jerseys turn out to be correct. They could really kill the overall look.

butt stripe anyone?

Archived