New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... let's assume that these ARE fakes produced by the Browns. Do we think the new uniforms are similar to these or vastly different?

If the team went to this length to "fool" us...I have to think the real thing is going to be appreciably different.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So... let's assume that these ARE fakes produced by the Browns. Do we think the new uniforms are similar to these or vastly different?

If the team went to this length to "fool" us...I have to think the real thing is going to be appreciably different.

The more I think about it, the more hilarious this idea is. (Which doesn't mean it isn't true, nesessarily, I guess.)

Here's what we're saying; During the busiest part of the offfseason, during free agency, during the build up to the draft, with last years "francise QB" in rehab, with all the usual offseason Browns' nonsense, they decided to spend the time, energy, money, and manpower to design and create a handful of fake jerseys, then carefully leak them in way that makes them seem uninvolved. For... what? To throw off the internet? To troll the CCSLC community? Just for fun? What a monumental waste of time.

If true, it's quite possibly the dumbest thing ever.

There are people within the organization that deal with business and people who (allegedly) deal with football. The president doesn't have any say in how the team is handled or who they draft/sign/cut. Just like the coaches and GM don't have any say in uniforms, branding or the stadium renovation.

I was just sharing what I heard. I know it's a longshot but not entirely impossible that they planned the leaks.

There's a reason this rebrand has gained so much attention. When a team hasn't made a major change in 60 years it's a big deal. Same thing would happen if the Yankees, Celtics, Packers, Bears, Bulls, etc would go through a rebrand. Maybe the Browns worried about a real leak so they planted fake ones or they are just trolling us all. Maybe they lied and the orange jerseys are real.

The NFL's bad uniforms of the '00s aren't even close to Pro Combats and the other trash from college.

To be fair, there are over a 100 D-1 colleges and only 32 NFL teams. So just by pure numbers, there are likely going to be some worse college looks.

Some of the very WORST NFL uniforms of the past 30 years are bad not because of their "newness" (which some here still have a phobia about and think anything worn in 1967 was automatically better then anything worn today) but because they are just ugly. The Browns uniforms which they are FINALLY s-canning were horrible. Played out. Tired and wheezing to the finish line and should have been burned years ago. Too many old-ass elements that haven't been in vogue in any sort of football uniform in decades. They finally wised up and got at least into the 21st century it appears.

The Redskins current uniform is a complete mess. That isn't a "new" uniform either. The Cowboys? Mismatched to the hilt. Not a 2000's uniform either. Both should follow Cleveland's lead and get into the 21st century. And with their money-thirsty owners, I'm surprised they haven't done it yet either. Maybe once they see how Cleveland's rebrand goes (and likely how well received it will be beyond the nerds here) they'll get the program in motion to rebrand and/or retool their threads.

Are there some bad rebrands in recent NFL design? Cincy's sucked when they did it 15 years ago and it still sucks today. Tampa has some good elements with their new design but a few too many really bad elements which hurt the overall look.

Its all about what you do with what you got. And remember its 2015. Not 1973 anymore. The things that may have looked dope in the Nixon administration, probably don't work so well today. Some classic design does work and always will. Some don't and never will. And once again, not everyone has to be "traditional" in the way they look. Its OK for a few teams to wear grey facemasks and play the "traditional" card. Its more then OK for some teams to go the other way too. Its why Alabama and Oregon are both so well received in college football. Complete opposites of the spectrum. One traditional with some modern elements. One modern with actually some traditional elements. There's room for both. Even big, bad, evil Nike knows that. :)

Here's where you're wrong. Dead wrong.

1969-vw_bus_2.jpg

If the Browns really spent two years to change the facemask color, matte the helmet, add the orange jersey back, and add a number drop shadow, that would be a bit troll-ish on their part.

I mean, you saw the logo unveil right?

The more I think about it, the more hilarious this idea is. (Which doesn't mean it isn't true, nesessarily, I guess.)

Here's what we're saying; During the busiest part of the offfseason, during free agency, during the build up to the draft, with last years "francise QB" in rehab, with all the usual offseason Browns' nonsense, they decided to spend the time, energy, money, and manpower to design and create a handful of fake jerseys, then carefully leak them in way that makes them seem uninvolved. For... what? To throw off the internet? To troll the CCSLC community? Just for fun? What a monumental waste of time.

I mean, the more you talk about it... the more it makes sense. Let's recap the end of the 2014-2015 Season for the Browns:

• GM Ray Farmer busted for texting down to the sideline.
  • OC Kyle Shanahan begs to be released from his contract for a later position.
  • Frist round pick and potential starting QB, Johnny Manziel enters rehab.
  • The OTHER First round pick, Justin Gilbert, has serious personal issues that are being kept very close to the chest.
  • Star WR, Josh Gordon, busted AGAIN for drugs/alcohal and suspended for the year.

The empirical evidence is there. The Browns were obviously too focused on trolling the internet instead of taking care of their own house.

This reminds me of that scene in the dark knight when Morgan Freeman's talking to the guy who's gonna reveal batmand identity haha. Except I think there's no chance that these are fake.

I just can't for the life of me believe that they would NOT have a brown jersey; I just can't.

I could excuse them for implementing a bunch of unnecessary piping, or sleeve/shoulder design elements, or whatever....but the biggest travesty would be to eliminate the brown jersey as the primary.

I'm pretty sure it's jimmy haslam's goal to destroy the franchise from within and make them the laughingstock of the league. After all he's a steelers fan at heart so this is the most logical conclusion that I can draw. His ultimate goal may be to make the franchise so hated within its own city he can then move them to knoxville but I've yet to 100% confirm this theory as of yet. I'll let everyone know once me and my reddit buddies do some more internet sleuthing.

I'm pretty sure it's jimmy haslam's goal to destroy the franchise from within and make them the laughingstock of the league. After all he's a steelers fan at heart so this is the most logical conclusion that I can draw. His ultimate goal may be to make the franchise so hated within its own city he can then move them to knoxville but I've yet to 100% confirm this theory as of yet. I'll let everyone know once me and my reddit buddies do some more internet sleuthing.

Jimmy must like easy jobs he did not have to do much they were only above the Jags when he got them.

It would be so Browns-esque to spend off-season resources trolling uniform nerds instead of improving the team though.

Teams usually have business and sports sides of the franchise. The two rarely intersect, especially for something like this.

For example, do you think Theo Epstein has anything to do with the Cubs' Wrigley renovations? Not one bit.

So, anybody who believes the Browns' new uniform shenanigans are interfering with their offseason needs to drop that. The GM and coach and scouts aren't diverting from their draft planning to figure out how to tease the new uniforms.

Just got done saying the same thing on another site.

Some people are clueless.

Teams usually have business and sports sides of the franchise. The two rarely intersect, especially for something like this.

For example, do you think Theo Epstein has anything to do with the Cubs' Wrigley renovations? Not one bit.

So, anybody who believes the Browns' new uniform shenanigans are interfering with their offseason needs to drop that. The GM and coach and scouts aren't diverting from their draft planning to figure out how to tease the new uniforms.

Just got done saying the same thing on another site.

Some people are clueless.

Regardless of which branch of the franchise had been assigned the task of "super-secret uniform disinformation" it would be an immensely stupid waste of resources.

If they were really that concerned with keeping the uniform under wraps, wouldn't it be better to put their time and effort into making absolutely sure there were no leaks, as opposed to inventing fake leaks of there own? If true it's just so... goofy.

Archived