New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Because it takes so much time and money to Mal up fake jerseys, photograph them and put them on the Internet.

The time and money wasted must be in the hundreds of dollars and three 8 hour days worth of times

Oh the humanity.

Just got done saying the same thing on another site.

Some people are clueless.

Teams usually have business and sports sides of the franchise. The two rarely intersect, especially for something like this.

For example, do you think Theo Epstein has anything to do with the Cubs' Wrigley renovations? Not one bit.

So, anybody who believes the Browns' new uniform shenanigans are interfering with their offseason needs to drop that. The GM and coach and scouts aren't diverting from their draft planning to figure out how to tease the new uniforms.

Regardless of which branch of the franchise had been assigned the task of "super-secret uniform disinformation" it would be an immensely stupid waste of resources.

If they were really that concerned with keeping the uniform under wraps, wouldn't it be better to put their time and effort into making absolutely sure there were no leaks, as opposed to inventing fake leaks of there own? If true it's just so... goofy.

Not as hard as you'd imagine. The orange jersey pic is _2_ jerseys with some background stuff to make you think there's more. Get a few cheap Chinese made 'authentic looking replica style' jerseys for about $20 each ($40). White jersey, another $20. Wouldn't take much time, either. WIth how long this 'reveal' has been known, they could've been ordered and delivered months ago just waiting for the right moment to leak.

Which is what @Big_Cle_Fan admitted he did to Ruiter.

These clearly aren't chinese "real lookin knockoffs". Fake NFL jerseys only come with shiny tackle twill numbers (shiny everything really). The leaked jerseys were without a doubt the quality of Nike game(?) jerseys. The $100 ones that come with screen printed everything. Nike doesn't sell blank ones. And if they did they wouldn't have all orange ones available because no one has all orange jerseys in the league.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not missing the point at all.

Somthing that the business side of operations may waste HUNDREDS of dollars on and maybe an a day to set together and photograph.

How is that taking away from the football side of operations?

It's not!

Because it takes so much time and money to Mal up fake jerseys, photograph them and put them on the Internet.

The time and money wasted must be in the hundreds of dollars and three 8 hour days worth of times

Oh the humanity.

You missing the point of what he is saying. It gives a bad impression of the team's priorities.

I love pre-unveil week. After last year's four days of examining distorted reflections in a mirror, I honestly didn't think we could step it up from there.

Bravo, conspiracy theorists, you've somehow made this even more ridiculous and hilarious.

EDIT: The last time someone was this adamant about a change not happening, he bet his membership that the Marlins wouldn't change. Someone should do that again.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Somthing that the business side of operations may waste HUNDREDS of dollars on and maybe an a day to set together and photograph.

It's not!

Oh the humanity.

You missing the point of what he is saying. It gives a bad impression of the team's priorities.

My point would be the same whatever the time and money involved. Regardless, it's just feels like a rinky-dink move. I'll say it again, if leaked jerseys are that big of a concern, spend your effort on stopping the possible leaks, not inventing fake leaks of your own.

Seriously, let's entertain this line of thought for a minute. If the Browns really are responsible for creating this false leak (still doubtful IMO), here's what they've accomplished;

1. A certain percentage of their fans will actually like the leaked jersey (read back a few pages here) in which case those fans will be pissed when the real uniform is debuted.

2. A certain percentage of fans will hate the leaked jersey, in which case they'll spend the weeks between the leak and the actual reveal blasting the team for creating such a bad uniform. When the real uniform comes out, my guess their reaction would be more relief than happiness.

So I ask again, what would be the point? I don't care if the whole gag took 15 minutes and a bag of loose change to pull off, based on the only possible reactions spelled out above, it's a big waste of time.

I'm telling you right now, those orange jerseys are a total fake. Look at how HORRID the spacing difference is on the shoulder numbers on the right vs. left side. Someone is trolling big time.

I've seen legit jerseys with worse printing problems than the orange jersey in the photo. It's a bit silly to say it's fake because a number is off by 1/4" on the shoulders.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe this is why Johnny Manziel had such a rough year. They wanted him in on the new uniform design.

instead of studying the playbook he was trying to learn illustrator

His idea for dollar sign award stickers was totally shot down.

Those would actually be pretty cool. Sucks it got shot down.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I said it before I don't think the Browns are responsible for the leaks. So let's get that out of the way.

Second, IF they were it would take ZERO attention away from FA and the Draft.

Ray Farmer, Mike Pettine the rest of the coaches and scouting department could give a crap about leaking fake uniform photos.

Third, Again it would be little time and money IF they did do it.

Regardless if fans like or hate the fake jerseys.

Is that really going to change if they like or hate the real jerseys no.

It would be the same opinion ion regardless.

It's not!

Oh the humanity.

My point would be the same whatever the time and money involved. Regardless, it's just feels like a rinky-dink move. I'll say it again, if leaked jerseys are that big of a concern, spend your effort on stopping the possible leaks, not inventing fake leaks of your own.

Seriously, let's entertain this line of thought for a minute. If the Browns really are responsible for creating this false leak (still doubtful IMO), here's what they've accomplished;

1. A certain percentage of their fans will actually like the leaked jersey (read back a few pages here) in which case those fans will be pissed when the real uniform is debuted.

2. A certain percentage of fans will hate the leaked jersey, in which case they'll spend the weeks between the leak and the actual reveal blasting the team for creating such a bad uniform. When the real uniform comes out, my guess their reaction would be more relief than happiness.

So I ask again, what would be the point? I don't care if the whole gag took 15 minutes and a bag of loose change to pull off, based on the only possible reactions spelled out above, it's a big waste of time.

I thought Crane Kenney was the dunce Ricketts had to keep when he pulled the shortest straw from the Tribune in their deal? Is he actually running things? I guess that would explain why the renovation has been a disaster. Have they specified what the president of baseball ops does? Because all I've heard has made it sound like what all GMs do. The White Sox bumped Ken Williams to team president, but he's been almost completely out of the personnel picture outside of personally scouting. Their GM Rick Hahn is calling all the shots seemingly, only needing approval on large money deals. I've got the impression that Theo is basically calling all the shots for the Cubs and he essentially gave Hoyer a token job after he bombed-out as Padres GM and sent him Anthony Rizzo for nothing before being fired?

In theory, Crane Kenney is kept on to be a villainous idiot so that Tom Ricketts can swoop in and look like the hero, but Ricketts himself always looks like a villainous idiot too. Julian Green is the Cubs' vice-president of being a black guy.

As for Theo and Jed, it's basically a GarPax deal where everything baseball-related goes through Theo, but quotidian crap he doesn't feel like doing gets delegated to Jed. Then there's Jason McLeod, and I don't quite remember what it is he does. Minor leagues?

Together, these sides collaborate to build speaker systems that rattle windows from a mile away, fail to understand that winters are cold, alienate longstanding business partners, and lose 100 games a year.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm telling you right now, those orange jerseys are a total fake. Look at how HORRID the spacing difference is on the shoulder numbers on the right vs. left side. Someone is trolling big time.

They look so bad b/c they are only the $100 replicas on hangers way too small. I bet those are legit, but my money says orange is the alt, and brown will still be the main home jersey.

Just tossing out an option- not that I think this is true, but just as another option- maybe they ARE real, AND the Browns DID leak them themselves as sorts a beta test. If the reaction is good they are go for launch. If the reaction is buffaslug maybe they pull the plug and go with their option B? Just something to ponder. My feeling is there is no way no how a pro sports team does anything like that. It's just Rediculously unprofessional.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived