New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Here's all I meant by it... a drop shadow is just meant to look like a shadow (a 2D plane) behind an object. These jerseys look like the numbers are actually 3D, with the depth portion being black.

tM7Y7Xv.jpg

The left I would call a drop shadow effect and the right a 3D block number effect. The real jersey leak is the latter. Very subtle difference obviously, but I like the 3D block look better.

Almost every drop shadowed number in pro sports has what you're calling a 3D number effect.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2010.10.Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2010.11.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-12%20at%2010.13.

the only difference is the Browns shadow goes the opposite direction and the top layer doesn't have an outline that matches the color of the drop shadow. It's no more three dimensional than any other drop shadow anybody else is using/has used.

The only team I can think of at the pro level who used what you call a drop shadow was the Mets old BFBS unis

125339b_lg.jpeg

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, they're all drop shadows. You can't just change the meaning of that term.

and that Ravens jersey is a knockoff and doesn't display their correct number style because they actually use what you're calling "3D" shadow. Though, the rest of us have been calling them a drop shadow for over a decade round these parts.

ens-81-Anquan-Boldin-White-Authentic-Jer

PvO6ZWJ.png

OK we're just into semantics now. My initial point was that, at first glance, I thought the Browns jersey was "A" and then realized it's "B".

In terms of what "drop shadow" means, I would point to the Photoshop layer style which will give you a 2D plane behind something but not that 3D block look. Obviously in the cases we're looking at it is nearly identical. I was just pointing out the minor difference.

Here's all I meant by it... a drop shadow is just meant to look like a shadow (a 2D plane) behind an object. These jerseys look like the numbers are actually 3D, with the depth portion being black.

tM7Y7Xv.jpg

The left I would call a drop shadow effect and the right a 3D block number effect. The real jersey leak is the latter. Very subtle difference obviously, but I like the 3D block look better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the one on the right be also achieved as a drop shadow depending on the angle the light is coming from?

Go A's!

tM7Y7Xv.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't the one on the right be also achieved as a drop shadow depending on the angle the light is coming from?

For the love of all that's Holy. Yes it is a drop shadow! Yes the numbers at also not outlined. Yes it's also being used in a more 3D effect.

I can't get over that these are *almost* changes that just get announced with a standard, no-frills press release out of the blue one day. Different facemask. Logo updated because it has the facemask on it. New secondary logo. Different shade of orange. Wearing a different color as your home look. The stripes are at a different angle and it has the CLEVELAND, yeah, but this is the most low-key rebrand ever.

I can't get over that these are *almost* changes that just get announced with a standard, no-frills press release out of the blue one day. Different facemask. Logo updated because it has the facemask on it. New secondary logo. Different shade of orange. Wearing a different color as your home look. The stripes are at a different angle and it has the CLEVELAND, yeah, but this is the most low-key rebrand ever.

That's because this isn't actually a rebrand. Sure, everyone labelled it as one, but this is nothing more than a color change and uniform update. A jersey change doesn't equal a rebrand.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

That's because this isn't actually a rebrand. Sure, everyone labelled it as one, but this is nothing more than a color change and uniform update. A jersey change doesn't equal a rebrand.

I'm not sure its that simple though.

Sure, they changed the shade of the 1 of the primary colors, they are also rumored to introduce gray. If the gray rumor is true, then modifying a color, updating a logo, completely changing the secondary mark, as well as changing the uniforms, with the possibility of adding a 3rd color of pants and 3rd color of jersey, that's a bigger change than just updating the stripes on the shirt.

I'm guessing the pants will say "BROWNS" down the side, possibly breaking up a traditional stripe that runs above and below it.

I don't think it will be gong down the side... like Boise State or the old Arkansas uniforms. I think we are going to see some sort of tramp stamp though. I wouldn't be surprised if BROWNS or CLE is somewhere on thebackside of the uniform. Possibly on the belt, possibly on the butt.

As for the truncated pants stripes... I don't think it would be TERRIBLE, assuming its the tapered look at ONLY the top, liek we seen with the original Pro Combat uniforms at the college level. I think the truncated stripes would compliment the elongated sleeve stripes from the leaks (assuming the leaks are legit... which I don't think they are).

yes, the CLEVELAND, this is stupid for a NFL team. It's not CLEVELAND HIGH or CLEVELAND U. I don't mind the Orange and the dropshadow (it was worn in the past)

Sweet baby Jesus. I didn't even think of that. It would play off that equally stupid Cleveland on jersey.

The explinike would be "we really want to let everyone know who we are since there is no helmet logo." Jimmy Haslam trolling all the Browns fans.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The stripes extending onto the chest are awful. I hate on the Seahawks and I hate it now for the Browns (at least the Browns' doesn't extended all the way to the collar though).

And the gigantic Cleveland wordmark is dumb.

Other than those 2 things, these leaks, if true, are a lot tamer than I thought the jerseys would be.

Hopefully the pants stripe is closer to traditional like the Vikings and not some terrible abstract design like the Bucs or Jags.

I'm guessing the pants will say "BROWNS" down the side, possibly breaking up a traditional stripe that runs above and below it.

I don't think it will be gong down the side... like Boise State or the old Arkansas uniforms. I think we are going to see some sort of tramp stamp though. I wouldn't be surprised if BROWNS or CLE is somewhere on thebackside of the uniform. Possibly on the belt, possibly on the butt.

As for the truncated pants stripes... I don't think it would be TERRIBLE, assuming its the tapered look at ONLY the top, liek we seen with the original Pro Combat uniforms at the college level. I think the truncated stripes would compliment the elongated sleeve stripes from the leaks (assuming the leaks are legit... which I don't think they are).

I'd sure hope they aren't dumb enough to put "Browns" anywhere on the back of the pants. The poop jokes would write themselves...

Archived