New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Except 2 different blues and non matching pants.

But you know it's a classic mismatch.

Give me a break.

Its so easy to be a Cowboys fan... they will never do anything with the Uni that would be considered drastic.

Get rid of the star on the sleeve stripes. Go back to the big blue stars and white helmet... and perfection.

No more green pants.

Pretty sure the browns are going to underwhelm. And that is not a bad thing.

tumblr_lc9rmuQ4Qq1qbwrux.jpg

This look for the cowboys... ditch the silver/green and just go with this blue and white.

The 90's Stars would be ok, but this is hands down the best look for the Cowboys.

Its clean simple and a classic throwback to the original unis.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it hard to believe that they wouldn't go with brown jerseys as primaries. As mentioned in previous comments, the stripes on the shoulders might look better on a game jersey with the tight cut, but it still looks really awkward and forced to me. There is nothing natural about it. Oh well, I said similar things about the Seahawks jerseys when they first cane out and I've grown to appreciate their design. Maybe the same will happen with these at some point in time.

As someone else mentioned... Why was the Browns jersey forward and not backward like Steelers one? Every sports store here puts jersey with names out. The other leaked photo just happened to be next to the navy Cleveland Cavaliers jersey.

For the jerseys on the wall - only the first Joe Haden jersey was forward. The rest of the jerseys were backwards. Look at the direction of the Nike swooshes and look at the hangers on the rack - the first jersey is the only one where the hook is on the left side. It could be that someone took one off the rack, flipped it around, and put it back up. That kind of stuff tends to happen at retail stores if you have ever been to a mall, which I'm seriously starting to doubt based on your conspiracy theories.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

There's no doubt that these are the real deal. The fact they were taken down says a lot. The fact that there's more than one (why would a retailer take the time to hang up 10 fake/troll jerseys) says even more.

Phew... yeah... making a 100 foot walk from the storage room to the rack, carrying all 10 out and hanging them... phew. That is exhausting. You are right. You got me. The fact that it would take hours, maybe days, to hang up 10 jersey has me convinced. You've won me over.

Clearly, I'm not saying that the direction of the uniform is the smoking gun. I'm just saying its curious. Again, its not hard to mock up 10 jerseys and plant them. They very well could be real, but I'm just not buying it yet. Not with how guarded they've been with the whole rebrand, logos, etc.

I'm starting to question you... since you think the direction of the jersey was the smoking gun. Yikes.

Actually you thought it was fake because of the direction of the jersey. Don't walk away from your stupid theories now.

And also...stores don't put up fake jerseys and then take them down within a matter of minutes. Name one other store that has done this.

Other posters have already told you why the branding had so few leaks. Seriously, people are helping you figure this out and you're not listening. Just trolling.

Not once did I say it was THE reason... I said it was suspicious. Other reasons have me hoping they are plants. No store would INTENTIONALLY put up fake jerseys. That's the whole conversation we are having... if they are plants or leaks. Not once did I plant my flag in the jersey direction... not once. Just thought it was a strange coincidence. Its comcial how you ignore everything else in the post... EDIT (not going to go back and forth throwing little jabs... its pointless... its the worst part of the internet)

The lack of leak for the new/updated logos isn't exactly rocket surgery. It doesn't require any critical thinking what-so-ever. The point I was making was that there was no leak at all. There wasn't anyone going "hey relax, its just a minor update... darker shade, new facemask." But there was nothing. They have kept everything guarded extremely well.

I am hoping for something a little bit more fun for the Browns uniforms - the only discouraging element of the "leaks" are the rise shadow - but for the most part... I'm playing devil's advocate... trying to think of reasons why they may not be real. I also find is suspicious that the Browns haven't offered any sort of teaser. I believe every other team has at least teased something... whether its a portion of the stripe, a new color, a new patch, a shot of the helmet... something. The Browns haven't done anything.

See post #1254 of this thread. Page 63. People leaked information - in fact, they leaked everything in one tweet (brown facemask and new hue of orange).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are replicas with long sleeves. The stripe may look a lot better (or at least less out of place) on the players-cut jersey because there won't be that extra material for the sleeve below it - it'll likely be cut in to the shoulder pad immediately after the stripe, with maybe only a thin piece of sleeve color showing (and probably only as an elastic cuff)

I think the Packers game jerseys have a similar fit to what you're describing:

But then when you look at their replica, the stripes are down low. Not sure what to make of it. In reality, there just isn't much room for the stripe in the real jerseys, considering the TV numbers. It is interesting that the Browns chose to place them that high on the replica.

I imagine the person who posted the Chiefs as a comparison is right. They'll probably appear very similar, except for the Browns' stripes wrapping around the front. That's why the Browns couldn't put the stripes lower on the sleeves of the replicas - the stripes couldn't wrap around.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are replicas with long sleeves. The stripe may look a lot better (or at least less out of place) on the players-cut jersey because there won't be that extra material for the sleeve below it - it'll likely be cut in to the shoulder pad immediately after the stripe, with maybe only a thin piece of sleeve color showing (and probably only as an elastic cuff)

ap-packers-sack-matthews-football-16_9.j

But then when you look at their replica, the stripes are down low. Not sure what to make of it. In reality, there just isn't much room for the stripe in the real jerseys, considering the TV numbers. It is interesting that the Browns chose to place them that high on the replica.

2102507128_18_13_a_2500.jpg

men-tyson-jackson-red-limited-jersey.jpg

It could be that the Browns, or Nike, or the NFL, decided that since these were new jerseys with a new striping pattern, they might as well make the replicas look more like the actual on-field product.

I think this is happening more now as the sleeves "evolve". The VIkings sleeve design was clearly meant to accommodate a modern cut.

But it translates poorly to fan jerseys.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Anyone wanna take final guesses on the following?

1. Helmet finish

2. Three jersey colors (including which is primary)

3. Three pant colors (including which is primary)

I'm going to say a matte finish but not the full-blown flower pot matte. Similar to the Vikings but a bit different to be unique.

Jerseys will be orange (home primary), Brown (alt with orange numbers) and white (away primary).

Pants will be white (home primary), orange (away primary) and dark gray (alt).

The pro vs retail cut is the elephant in the room of NFL jersey design.

It looks like the Browns have gotten it right IMO. Much better than say, San Francisco or Minnesota.

It actually makes me a lot happier that the Dolphins avoided the problem by not having any striping.

I still find it hard to believe that they wouldn't go with brown jerseys as primaries. As mentioned in previous comments, the stripes on the shoulders might look better on a game jersey with the tight cut, but it still looks really awkward and forced to me. There is nothing natural about it. Oh well, I said similar things about the Seahawks jerseys when they first cane out and I've grown to appreciate their design. Maybe the same will happen with these at some point in time.

i still won't say that orange is the primary, but even with it in the rotation it only continues the direction that the NFL is going and clearly it's teams and Nike are on board with. they're all targeting a younger audience than they ever have before. emphasizing orange fits into that. it's a vibrant, youthful color that will sell well with the fantasy football and Madden age groups.

i think the stripe location on the retail jersey has to be where it is (appearing high on the sleeve) because it continues across the chest a bit, like Seattle and SD.

the stripe might appear thin on the retail jersey but on the on-field product it's going to be right. it sure beats this non-sense v

hi-res-456916101-antonio-brown-of-the-pi

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I imagine the person who posted the Chiefs as a comparison is right. They'll probably appear very similar, except for the Browns' stripes wrapping around the front. That's why the Browns couldn't put the stripes lower on the sleeves of the replicas - the stripes couldn't wrap around.

That's a good point about why they are so high on the sleeve as compared to other replicas. Actually, if it turns out looking like I think it will, it may be a model that the Chiefs, Packers, and other teams who are losing their stripes could follow.

Location-wise it looks like the stripes will be closest to the Chargers:

pDSP1-16001154dt.jpg

Good call. This looks like it may be the template used, or at least very close. I think it'd work better if the stripes continued past the seams some how, but short of screening them on, I'm not sure how they'd do that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In my opinion, the Denver Broncos own the orange jersey within the confines of the NFL. They are the only team that has worn it as a primary for the vast majority of their existence. For the Browns (who indeed have worn an orange jersey as a primary in their early history) to make this leap, if they are indeed using orange as a primary, seems a bit like they've missed the train on this one.

Moreover, they own brown as a unique position within the NFL. To not embrace THAT I would suggest is a mistake.

Is it possible people are just leaking the orange because its new? The Browns have always worn brown and white... so the most buzz would be generated by the 3rd color: orange.

I do not think its a foregone conclusion that orange will be the new primary.

Is it possible people are just leaking the orange because its new? The Browns have always worn brown and white... so the most buzz would be generated by the 3rd color: orange.

I do not think its a foregone conclusion that orange will be the new primary.

I don't think people decide what to leak. I think they just take a picture of what is available to them and then they post it on the Internet with reckless abandonment. I think leaks are far far far less strategic than this thread has made them out to be. My bet? Orange primary jerseys.

The orange jersey leaked early because it shipped early. I still think that we will see a brown home jersey We have only seen a glimpse of 1 white jersey, and no brown yet, but that doesn't mean the Browns are gonna wear Orange for 15 & 1/2 games this year.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

I just came back from the Creative South GA conference - hanging with the heavyweight designers in the pro sports graphic design field, and NO ONE had seen the new uniforms.

Seems odd that if these images are legit, that these retailers would already have them out on hangers on display.

The whole thing is kind of weird.

Anyone wanna take final guesses on the following?

1. Helmet finish

2. Three jersey colors (including which is primary)

3. Three pant colors (including which is primary)

I'm going to say a matte finish but not the full-blown flower pot matte. Similar to the Vikings but a bit different to be unique.

Jerseys will be orange (home primary), Brown (alt with orange numbers) and white (away primary).

Pants will be white (home primary), orange (away primary) and dark gray (alt).

Sure, I'll play.

1. Co-sign on your prediction for the helmet finish. Wider stripes than the old helmet, but not as dramatic a difference as Ohio State's standard and pro combat uniform helmets.

2. Jerseys will be orange (home primary), white (away primary) and gray.

3. Pants will be white, brown and gray.

Gray/gray will be packaged together for a monochrome alt.

Archived