New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just came back from the Creative South GA conference - hanging with the heavyweight designers in the pro sports graphic design field, and NO ONE had seen the new uniforms.

Seems odd that if these images are legit, that these retailers would already have them out on hangers on display.

The whole thing is kind of weird.

Odd but there is a practical explanation...

At the retail level, these kind of mistakes happen constantly. All it takes is a manager without knowledge of the release date for products to be displayed or sold early. The earliest leak was said to come from Dick's Sporting Goods. They have over 600 stores all with at least 3-4 managers. That leaves at least 1,800 to 2,400 people who all would have to know that these jerseys weren't to be sold before 4/15. Same goes for Champ's, Lids LockerRoom, Modell's, etc. It would be a Festivus miracle for a leak free release.

I know this is boring stuff, but I'm just trying to illustrate that these leaks aren't grand conspiracies perpetrated by the Browns, Nike, or the NFL. Just goofy mistakes made by people at work.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

I anticipate the Seahawks situation is going to be the best comparison, as far as the inconsistencies between replica and on-field striping appearance/location. The Browns' stripes could be much higher up on the chest/shoulders than it seems after only seeing the replica. The Cleveland wordmark will most certainly be on the chest, while the stripes may very well be entirely above that, almost on the shoulders, and potentially extending just about into the collar.

On Seahawks replicas, the chest stripes stop significantly short of touching the collar, and in fact are below the NFL shield at the neck. On the actual jerseys, however, these same stripes are above the NFL shield and go all the way in to articulate with the cut of the collar.

The real point here is that Nike's replicas are to varying degrees only approximations of on-field looks, hindered by having different cut and template. The collars on the game jerseys are much more prominent, potentially pushing the Cleveland wordmark down and the stripes up, so that 'Cleveland' isn't actually framed by the stripes. Speculation/extrapolation is fun.

I just came back from the Creative South GA conference - hanging with the heavyweight designers in the pro sports graphic design field, and NO ONE had seen the new uniforms.

Seems odd that if these images are legit, that these retailers would already have them out on hangers on display.

At the retail level, these kind of mistakes happen constantly. All it takes is a manager without knowledge of the release date for products to be displayed or sold early. The earliest leak was said to come from Dick's Sporting Goods. They have over 600 stores all with at least 3-4 managers. That leaves at least 1,800 to 2,400 people who all would have to know that these jerseys weren't to be sold before 4/15. Same goes for Champ's, Lids LockerRoom, Modell's, etc. It would be a Festivus miracle for a leak free release.

I know this is boring stuff, but I'm just trying to illustrate that these leaks aren't grand conspiracies perpetrated by the Browns, Nike, or the NFL. Just goofy mistakes made by people at work.

Oh no! ColorWerx, what brand of tinfoil do you use? You're first hand experiences clearly have you in denial!

___

If I were a betting man... smart money would be on these images being the true uniforms.

I woulnd't call them grand conspiracies. I think we have learned in the technology age that anything shipped would be leaked... even if its minor. Not sure why the franchise/NFL/Nike would ship stuff early. They are going to make any more money on the new merch, whether its there a week before, the day of, or a few days later.

I don't see how it could be so botched. Not one thing has been leaked... oh but were just going to ship stuff early and expect it NOT to be leaked? Wasn't the new Dolphins logo leaked almost a year in advance? Think about it... every new uniform has had something leaked from the inside, but this time they decided to ship everything out before the massive unveil?

Anyone wanna take final guesses on the following?

1. Helmet finish

2. Three jersey colors (including which is primary)

3. Three pant colors (including which is primary)

I'm going to say a matte finish but not the full-blown flower pot matte. Similar to the Vikings but a bit different to be unique.

Jerseys will be orange (home primary), Brown (alt with orange numbers) and white (away primary).

Pants will be white (home primary), orange (away primary) and dark gray (alt).

I'll bite.

With you on the helmet. More of a silk matte finish.

Jerseys:

Brown

White

Orange

Pants:

Brown

White

Some sort of silver/gray

We shall see though.

Oh no! ColorWerx, what brand of tinfoil do you use? You're first hand experiences clearly have you in denial!

___

If I were a betting man... smart money would be on these images being the true uniforms.

I woulnd't call them grand conspiracies. I think we have learned in the technology age that anything shipped would be leaked... even if its minor. Not sure why the franchise/NFL/Nike would ship stuff early. They are going to make any more money on the new merch, whether its there a week before, the day of, or a few days later.

I don't see how it could be so botched. Not one thing has been leaked... oh but were just going to ship stuff early and expect it NOT to be leaked? Wasn't the new Dolphins logo leaked almost a year in advance? Think about it... every new uniform has had something leaked from the inside, but this time they decided to ship everything out before the massive unveil?

They ship early to sell day 1. Sales will be higher for the first month than they will the next 4-5 months combined.

BTW - "grand conspiracy" was definitely not aimed at ColorWerx, but at the camp of "Browns have been leaking fakes" etc.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

I believe these jerseys are legit. However, maybe the Browns are playing us by shipping the ALT out first and the primary will in fact be brown. (I hope so).

My guess:

• Some kinda unique matte helmet with same stripes as today.
  • Three jerseys: White, Orange, Brown (ALT)
  • No Orange pants.
  • No gray or other non-team color.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I believe these jerseys are legit. However, maybe the Browns are playing us by shipping the ALT out first and the primary will in fact be brown. (I hope so).

My guess:

• No Orange pants.

Only two pant colors?

Anyone wanna take final guesses on the following?

1. Helmet finish

2. Three jersey colors (including which is primary)

3. Three pant colors (including which is primary)

I'm going to say a matte finish but not the full-blown flower pot matte. Similar to the Vikings but a bit different to be unique.

Jerseys will be orange (home primary), Brown (alt with orange numbers) and white (away primary).

Pants will be white (home primary), orange (away primary) and dark gray (alt).

I'll take a stab at this...

1. I think the finish is going to be a whole lot like the orange Oregon State helmets (width of stripe and all - to be honest, I'd love to see numbers on the side of the helmets).

2. With you on this one except one minor detail. Orange (primary). White (obviously). Brown (white numbers with orange drop shadow - alternate).

3. Brown (primary). White. Orange.

https://twitter.com/SirDomRapp/status/586186420299165697

I saw real pics of these. Few slight differences (i.e. #'s orange on brown version, etc.). Some serious smoke.

I'm not sure.... soo much effort just for a fake?

"Slight" differences from the graphic posted...and all he mentioned was the brown version. The orange one is still correct, in theory, even with that tweet reply.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Except 2 different blues and non matching pants.

But you know it's a classic mismatch.

Give me a break.

Its so easy to be a Cowboys fan... they will never do anything with the Uni that would be considered drastic.

Get rid of the star on the sleeve stripes. Go back to the big blue stars and white helmet... and perfection.

No more green pants.

Pretty sure the browns are going to underwhelm. And that is not a bad thing.

tumblr_lc9rmuQ4Qq1qbwrux.jpg

This look for the cowboys... ditch the silver/green and just go with this blue and white.

The 90's Stars would be ok, but this is hands down the best look for the Cowboys.

Its clean simple and a classic throwback to the original unis.

This, so much this.

The best they have ever looked.

My guess:

• No Orange pants.

Only two pant colors?

I suppose I cannot say that due to the "9 Combos" tweat.

OK...Orange, Brown, White pants...no other colors.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Wow. I didn't even realize this thread existed.

From a poster on a football forum....

I'm looking at the Brown jersey right now. It's sweet. The numbers and lettering are orange with white shadowing around them. The shoulder stripes are in the same position as the as the ones on the orange one, except the stripe is orange-white-orange. The stitching coming diagonally from the neck to the arm pit is also orange, as well as the stitching down the sides These are badass. I would love to post a picture, but I promised my buddy I wouldn't because he doesn't want to get fired for the leak. Don't care if you believe me now, you will see for yourself tomorrow night. Not as dark as the previous 1994 era jerseys, just a good solid brown. Brown is the better of the three colors from what I have seen. Edit: Orange Cleveland on the front as well, same font as on the white and orange.

https://twitter.com/ruiterwrongfan/status/587686408237658112

The Browns will have 9 different players be used for the unveiling tomorrow.

Be careful. Ruiter is the same guy who said that retailers won't receive the new jerseys until later this week. If the leaks are true, then he is wrong. According to logic, he will be wrong about the number of players used and combinations as well.

https://twitter.com/ruiterwrongfan/status/587686408237658112

The Browns will have 9 different players be used for the unveiling tomorrow.

Be careful. Ruiter is the same guy who said that retailers won't receive the new jerseys until later this week. If the leaks are true, then he is wrong. According to logic, he will be wrong about the number of players used and combinations as well.

The Browns announced it. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/9-Browns-players-to-appear-in-new-uniforms-at-unveiling-/072d95d0-831c-437b-b2f9-ccf28bfee80b

Archived