New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

https://twitter.com/ruiterwrongfan/status/587686408237658112

The Browns will have 9 different players be used for the unveiling tomorrow.

Be careful. Ruiter is the same guy who said that retailers won't receive the new jerseys until later this week. If the leaks are true, then he is wrong. According to logic, he will be wrong about the number of players used and combinations as well.

Cleveland Browns.com confirmed 9 players to model tomorrow as well. One player for each combination.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stitching coming diagonally from the neck to the arm pit is also orange, as well as the stitching down the sides

What the heck would this be about?

I assume it has something to do with this. You can see the contrast stitching around the collar. Not quite what he originally said about it going neck to armpit but definitely the same idea. Curious to see the execution.

maybebrownswhite.jpg?

Be careful. Ruiter is the same guy who said that retailers won't receive the new jerseys until later this week. If the leaks are true, then he is wrong. According to logic, he will be wrong about the number of players used and combinations as well.

The Browns announced it. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/9-Browns-players-to-appear-in-new-uniforms-at-unveiling-/072d95d0-831c-437b-b2f9-ccf28bfee80b

Cleveland Browns.com confirmed 9 players to model tomorrow as well. One player for each combination.

The satire of my post was lost, apparently.

Wow. I didn't even realize this thread existed.

From a poster on a football forum....

I'm looking at the Brown jersey right now. It's sweet. The numbers and lettering are orange with white shadowing around them. The shoulder stripes are in the same position as the as the ones on the orange one, except the stripe is orange-white-orange. The stitching coming diagonally from the neck to the arm pit is also orange, as well as the stitching down the sides These are badass. I would love to post a picture, but I promised my buddy I wouldn't because he doesn't want to get fired for the leak. Don't care if you believe me now, you will see for yourself tomorrow night. Not as dark as the previous 1994 era jerseys, just a good solid brown. Brown is the better of the three colors from what I have seen. Edit: Orange Cleveland on the front as well, same font as on the white and orange.

I'm really hoping he meant white lettering with orange shadowing. I can't imagine how the reverse would look good...

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are replicas with long sleeves. The stripe may look a lot better (or at least less out of place) on the players-cut jersey because there won't be that extra material for the sleeve below it - it'll likely be cut in to the shoulder pad immediately after the stripe, with maybe only a thin piece of sleeve color showing (and probably only as an elastic cuff)

I think this is happening more now as the sleeves "evolve". The VIkings sleeve design was clearly meant to accommodate a modern cut.

teddy-bridgewater-nfl-preseason-oakland-

But it translates poorly to fan jerseys.

5676_large.jpg

matt-cassel.jpg

The stripes looked a little higher when Cassel rocked the long sleeves

I'm really hoping he meant white lettering with orange shadowing. I can't imagine how the reverse would look good...

Amateurish. Which is obviously what they're going for. I imagine Cleveland is readying their torches at the word that orange jerseys might be their new primary. Add in orange numbers on the white jersey, and theres'a gonna be some good, old fashioned rioting, I reckon.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If there are no orange pants then this is going to be disappointing.

spacer.png

I can't even imagine how dumb it would be if the Browns had an orange helmet, orange jersey, orange numbers on a white jersey and no orange pants. It would not only be idiotic, but a slap in the face to 90% of Browns fans who have been pleading for orange pants to come back for years.

In my mind I'm trying to think of all the stupid things they could end up doing. No orange pants and making the primary home orange...

I can't even imagine how dumb it would be if the Browns had an orange helmet, orange jersey, orange numbers on a white jersey and no orange pants. It would not only be idiotic, but a slap in the face to 90% of Browns fans who have been pleading for orange pants to come back for years.

In my mind I'm trying to think of all the stupid things they could end up doing. No orange pants and making the primary home orange...

There will be orange pants. 9 combos!!!!!!

The stitching coming diagonally from the neck to the arm pit is also orange, as well as the stitching down the sides

I assume it has something to do with this. You can see the contrast stitching around the collar. Not quite what he originally said about it going neck to armpit but definitely the same idea. Curious to see the execution.

maybebrownswhite.jpg?

i wonder if this is a retail jersey? that collar would be really unique if it's what will be worn by players. see how small it is? the NFL shield sits outside the seams.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

maybebrownswhite.jpg?

i wonder if this is a retail jersey? that collar would be really unique if it's what will be worn by players. see how small it is? the NFL shield sits outside the seams.

Yep, it's the retail version.

maybebrownswhite.jpg?

Unless they're changing up the colars this year that seems to be pretty small.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

maybebrownswhite.jpg?

Unless they're changing up the colars this year that seems to be pretty small.

Same collar the "game" jerseys have had since their 2012 debut.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Amateurish. Which is obviously what they're going for. I imagine Cleveland is readying their torches at the word that orange jerseys might be their new primary. Add in orange numbers on the white jersey, and theres'a gonna be some good, old fashioned rioting, I reckon.

Honestly, I don't think there will be much rioting for orange numbers and gray pants instead of orange pants.

I lump the Browns fan base into 3 distinct categories:

• The 60 and Older - They talk about what football was like in 1960 and think its still relevant today... You can't win in the AFC North unless you do exactly what was done in Glory Years. They will livid about orange numbers.
  • The 35-60 - They continually talk about Bernie Kosar and anything he was a part of is vastly superior to anything he wasn't a part of. He is more powerful than God. They won't overly excited about it, but they won't care that much, they just want to win finally.
  • The 35 and Younger - We want SOME sort of flair or pizzazz. Like the 35-60, we don't really care, just win... but if we are going to continue to lose, as least make us look good doing it.

Honestly, I don't think there will be much rioting for orange numbers and gray pants instead of orange pants.

I lump the Browns fan base into 3 distinct categories:

• The 60 and Older - They talk about what football was like in 1960 and think its still relevant today... You can't win in the AFC North unless you do exactly what was done in Glory Years. They will livid about orange numbers.
  • The 35-60 - They continually talk about Bernie Kosar and anything he was a part of is vastly superior to anything he wasn't a part of. He is more powerful than God. They won't overly excited about it, but they won't care that much, they just want to win finally.
  • The 35 and Younger - We want SOME sort of flair or pizzazz. Like the 35-60, we don't really care, just win... but if we are going to continue to lose, as least make us look good doing it.

I'm 31 and my thinking is solidly in the "60 an older" camp in your post.

Honestly, I'd hope anybody who think along the "35 and younger" lines mentioned above would just go follow the Ravens or Seahawks or Buccaneers and, ultimately, just move out of Cleveland. They don't get the Browns or Cleveland and are ruining it for the rest of us.

Archived