New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

They'll just have generic collegiate-esque nonsense. Woohoo.

Because their previous uniform design was SO unique :rolleyes:

I still don't get why a larger-than-usual (for the NFL) wordmark is getting so much flak. Personally I hate the teeny tiny wordmarks in the NFL. I say either make them a little bigger or don't use them at all.

CLEVELAND is just too big I don't disagree with making them bigger than usual but that size just looks cheap...

You think it looks cheap. I personally like it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, forgive me for asking what is almost certainly a stupid question as my first post but is there any reason that when a team updates its uniforms they still use the Elite 51 template. I take it there is no way that Cleveland will be the first NFL team to use the Machspeed template or the template being used for the Pro Bowl that were unveiled earlier this year?

Wow - just noticed that the "2" is custom. But not good custom, but "just slightly modify block so we can trademark it" custom. The kind of slight custom that can ruin a number set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Current Browns players who will be wearing the uniform combinations at the unveil tonight:

Joe Thomas, Donte Whitner, Armonty Bryant, Karlos Dansby, Barkevious Mingo, Chris Kirksey, Dwayne Bowe, Brian Hartline and Taylor Gabriel. Interesting that Joe Haden or Alex Mack aren't included.

Also at the unveil will be Jim Brown, Hanford Dixon, Dan Fike, Bob Golic, Kevin Mack, Greg Pruitt, John Thierry, Jamel White, and Felix Wright.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/04/joe_thomas_donte_whitner_among.html#incart_2box_sports_index.ssf

Current Browns players who will be wearing the uniform combinations at the unveil tonight:

Joe Thomas, Donte Whitner, Armonty Bryant, Karlos Dansby, Barkevious Mingo, Chris Kirksey, Dwayne Bowe, Brian Hartline and Taylor Gabriel. Interesting that Joe Haden or Alex Mack aren't included.

Also at the unveil will be Jim Brown, Hanford Dixon, Dan Fike, Bob Golic, Kevin Mack, Greg Pruitt, John Thierry, Jamel White, and Felix Wright.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/04/joe_thomas_donte_whitner_among.html#incart_2box_sports_index.ssf

Johnny Football?

Wow - just noticed that the "2" is custom. But not good custom, but "just slightly modify block so we can trademark it" custom. The kind of slight custom that can ruin a number set.

So is the 3 and would think 0,1 and 4-9 will be too.

And while the "3"s appear to be identical, it looks to me like the "2" on the front is not the same as the "2" on the back. Anybody else see that?

Seems strange to me that Clevelanders fought so hard to keep those uniforms when the team moved, and now they want to change them because the team isn't any good. The team doesn't need new uniforms, it needs better players.

Johnny Football?

No word if JFF will be in town.

I do find it incredibly odd that no Quarter Back will be wearing the uniform. I mean, the stable of McCown, Lewis, and Shaw don't exactly excite the masses. Obviously, Manziel coming out of rehab probably screwed the marketing campaign up. But I still feel like the starting QC, McCown, would be 1 of the players wearing a new combination.

I'd say this is meant to show off the new signings as well as "reach back to the past" by using players with longevity in Cleveland. None of the QB's currently fit that bill and may not fit the bill in the future. And since Johnny just came out of rehab, the Browns would be stupid to throw him straight to the wolves when they don't have to.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm so glad someone else noticed that. Those are the type of custom "chop jjobs my typographic eyes despise--and it's something that's become increasingly more common in this current "Nikefied" era of sports design.

Also...regarding Browns QBs: what happened to Brian Hoyer??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm so glad someone else noticed that. Those are the type of custom "chop jjobs my typographic eyes despise--and it's something that's become increasingly more common in this current "Nikefied" era of sports design.

Also...regarding Browns QBs: what happened to Brian Hoyer??

Signed with the Texans.

Seems strange to me that Clevelanders fought so hard to keep those uniforms when the team moved, and now they want to change them because the team isn't any good. The team doesn't need new uniforms, it needs better players.

Fought more for the colors, helmet, history than the uniforms.

Strong recommendation to follow @BenAxelrod on Twitter. Spilling a whole lot of details right now.

Yep.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%209.35.3

Strong recommendation to follow @BenAxelrod on Twitter. Spilling a whole lot of details right now.

Yep.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%209.35.3

There you go...they're the reason deal.

87Redskins.png

Archived