New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Grossi has a great update, as well as an overview of the entire process.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=30371

* The Browns have been presented sketches of several uniform options, and they are liking them.

* The changes, still to be finalized, are not going to be drastic.

* Once chosen, the new uniforms will be kept under tight security with no more than a handful of Browns executives having seen them. The new duds will be unveiled sometime before the 2015 draft.

I dont think youll see anything that radically departs from that. I think youll see a real reinforcement of the (orange and brown) colors of the team and the tradition.

Goes on to say the Browns will next narrow it down to three jersey options and two or three pants options.

Sounds like orange pants may return

There was nothing that even hints about orange pants or orange jerseys. Of course it can happen, but nothing "sounds like" it.

I think he was reading the lines about narrowing down to 3 jerseys and two or 3 pants as meaning the final uniform set would include that many options. If that were the case, it would mean they would pretty much have to include orange jerseys and pants, unless they are adding colors. I think it means they are just narrowing down their overall options, personally, so I agree with you.

I think "drastic" changes doesn't necessarily mean anything about color scheme. Bucs re-added orange and darkened their pewter. Dolphins switched up their secondary and tertiary colors. Honestly, anything is possible at this point. With that in mind, let's pray the Browns don't like fonts that resemble Analog Clocks.

Tony Grossi has a great update, as well as an overview of the entire process.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=30371

* The Browns have been presented sketches of several uniform options, and they are liking them.

* The changes, still to be finalized, are not going to be drastic.

* Once chosen, the new uniforms will be kept under tight security with no more than a handful of Browns executives having seen them. The new duds will be unveiled sometime before the 2015 draft.

I dont think youll see anything that radically departs from that. I think youll see a real reinforcement of the (orange and brown) colors of the team and the tradition.

Goes on to say the Browns will next narrow it down to three jersey options and two or three pants options.

Sounds like orange pants may return

There was nothing that even hints about orange pants or orange jerseys. Of course it can happen, but nothing "sounds like" it.

I think he was reading the lines about narrowing down to 3 jerseys and two or 3 pants as meaning the final uniform set would include that many options. If that were the case, it would mean they would pretty much have to include orange jerseys and pants, unless they are adding colors. I think it means they are just narrowing down their overall options, personally, so I agree with you.

I was concentrating on the "reinforcement of the (orange and brown) colors" part that made me think orate pants may be returning

Based on what we've heard so far, (and this may have been suggested earlier in the thread) I'm wondering if the final result just might be a Browns version of these...

If you think about it, using a style similar to these Buckeyes uniforms would "modernize" the Browns while still maintaining all the elements of their current set. It wouldn't be a "drastic change", at least when compared to what we would consider drastic anyway.

Just a thought.

Or how about teams like the Bucs and Browns focus more on building a legit team instead of uglify their uniform set? It's the on field product that needs changing, not the uniforms.

Brilliant insight. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm all for that idea. I don't want to change a thing about the Browns current uniforms. All I was doing was sharing a thought I had on the matter.

BB52Big.jpg

I think gray would be an awesome addition to their uniform, but only in the striping or trim. I really hope they stick with single color numbers.

I love their gray mask, and the addition of gray or silver elsewhere in their set would allow me to stop hating myself for loving their mask.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Khaki or cream would work, but not with gray / silver.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Adopting a dog for a logo would be one of the worst ideas ever.

Archived