New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

From an interview with the Browns equipment manager on the Browns website:

"Per NFL rules, each NFL team most designate a home jersey color by July 1 and must wear that jersey for six of the eight regular season home games. Last season, Cleveland declared Brown as its home jersey choice, but white has been chosen in years past, too."

Seems like they're lubing up the gears for a home jersey color switch.

Also interesting from that article:

"Mellands first glimpse of the uniforms came last summer on the team practice field in Berea. When new jerseys are created, the NFL and Nike work together in whats called a TV testing to ensure all of the colors look in sync with high-definition cameras. From the testing, a slight tweak was made in the coloring of one of the three jerseys, Melland said."

Wonder which color was tweaked?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Per NFL rules, each NFL team most designate a home jersey color by July 1 and must wear that jersey for six of the eight regular season home games. Last season, Cleveland declared Brown as its home jersey choice, but white has been chosen in years past, too."

Also interesting from that article:

"Mellands first glimpse of the uniforms came last summer on the team practice field in Berea. When new jerseys are created, the NFL and Nike work together in whats called a TV testing to ensure all of the colors look in sync with high-definition cameras. From the testing, a slight tweak was made in the coloring of one of the three jerseys, Melland said."

Wonder which color was tweaked?

Probably the orange. With orange numbers on brown they probably had to make sure they were easily visible

Is the Brown jersey the only one that has the seems colored orange? Do the white and orange jersey have different colored seems?

I agree... too much orange and the rise shadow makes it too similar to Cinci. The Bengals and Browns will basically look like a college football spring game. The offense playing the defense with basically the same uniforms.

If there is no gray pants and there are 9 combos... we have the O/O/O combination... Tampa Bay creamsicles be damned!

July 1st is interesting... I'd never heard that before. That way, they can announce orange as a probable primary, and if the fans hate the idea, change their minds before the season starts.

Another shot of the Brown jersey. At this point, all that's left is the helmet finish, the white jersey, and the pants.

24q01uu.jpg

That stitching looks terrible to me. Like someone made a mistake putting the jersey together. Hoping the home combo is O/O/B and away is O/W/O

Another shot of the Brown jersey. At this point, all that's left is the helmet finish, the white jersey, and the pants.

24q01uu.jpg

Are the orange seems a result of the brown jersey needing to be broken up by stripes or whatever? The stitching does make it look like a cheap knock off from the 90s.

I know everyone is saying that the rule only applies to elbow pads, gloves, etc, not necissarily jerseys... but is it possible the NFL made the Browns do something like that?

Eh. The "CLEVELAND" thing is still crap, but honestly I feel like once we see it on a player it'll look better. Orange primary is the way to go, IMHO.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

i like it.

Some are gonna hate it, some are gonna love it.

Just the way it goes.

24q01uu.jpg

That stitching looks terrible to me. Like someone made a mistake putting the jersey together. Hoping the home combo is O/O/B and away is O/W/O

I like the stitching!

They literally repeated history. Orange numbers on a brown jersey. I can't believe they made the exact same mistake they made back in 1984.

That said, I don't hate them. I just don't like them for this team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The brown uni makes the orange one look incredible in contrast, at least via these potato photos. Orange numbers on white look like crap. That's a sure misstep.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived