New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I would see it whenever I would look in the mirror wearing a "game" jersey, which I do pretty much every day, at all times.

Who are you, Bernie Kosarcissus?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any guesses on Nikes "design story" for the contrast piping? First impressions over all is I like them but think the player cut elite versions will translate much better then the retail game versions. The orange numbers will still take some getting used to though.

As long as the white jerseys don't have the orange stitching/piping and the orange jerseys are the new home jerseys, I can live with it, I guess.

But if the brown jerseys with that hideous piping are the home unis, I am done.

I know everyone has their opinion on new jerseys. I just can't believe it took them years to come up with this look. Seems like it could have been done in a few months.

Have you ever been a part of the creative process? You can't always judge the amount of work that goes into a project simply by looking at the final result.

I have absolutely not been apart of the creative process at any point. I just don't feel like there was a lot of creativity put into this jersey. They modified a existing template that many college and pro teams use. I'm sure they worked hard on it, but the Seahawks have set the bar very high when it comes to redesigns. I expect something on that level. It may not always be possible, I'm just disappointed with this final result.

I would see it whenever I would look in the mirror wearing a "game" jersey, which I do pretty much every day, at all times.

Like I said, I have OCD. Jersey collecting/wearing was my primary obsession.

I think the Browns are smart enough to have trolled everyone. These can't be the new jerseys. If they are, god help us all.

Let it go! It's over! The Browns aren't trolling... Nobody is dumb enough to do something like that to their fans

With all due respect, you are talking about the Browns. They have done nothing but dump on our faces since '99. Why wouldn't they troll everyone?

I agree, these are probably legit uniforms now. But I'm just saying... don't put it passed this franchise.

I'm done. The piping was the last straw. I threw out most of my Browns memorabilia after my last move three weeks ago, and the last of it is going into the trash as we speak.

I have mild OCD and the Browns were one of my main fixations, so to whose of you who say "How they perform on the field is what matters"...

Yeah, no. What they wear is just as important.

I'll take some old jerseys and gear of if you don't want it anymore.

I know everyone has their opinion on new jerseys. I just can't believe it took them years to come up with this look. Seems like it could have been done in a few months.

Have you ever been a part of the creative process? You can't always judge the amount of work that goes into a project simply by looking at the final result.

I have absolutely not been apart of the creative process at any point. I just don't feel like there was a lot of creativity put into this jersey. They modified a existing template that many college and pro teams use. I'm sure they worked hard on it, but the Seahawks have set the bar very high when it comes to redesigns. I expect something on that level. It may not always be possible, I'm just disappointed with this final result.

Then that probably explains it. I've been a graphic designer for 13 years and I've had many final projects where the result didn't look like there was a lot of creativity put into it. But throughout the entire process I spent hours just concepting ideas to show to the client, and then they want to see everything under the son before they decide which direction they want to go, and lots of times they want to combine an idea from concept A with a different idea from concept B and on and on it goes. I remember one project where I was designing a CD cover and the final design was very close to my initial concept, but in between there were between 10-15 different designs the client wanted to see before they eventually decided upon the original design.

I guess Cleveland has just become another yuppified mess. Oakland is sounding nice right now.

Yuppified Mess? Did the Patriots become a yuppified mess? The Seahawks?

It's an update to a uniform and you want to switch teams.

Go root for the Raiders then.

A. I was referring to the city.

B. I was posting while almost asleep and likely overreacted.

I'll have to see the full set, but first opinion is that I actually really like them. This is much more "Vikings" than it is "Bucs", and thank goodness for that. This reminds me of the Hornets revival, only instead of feeling let down because I know there were better design options available, I'm content because there really isn't much you can do to fully modernize the Bowns' unis while keeping ties to the classic look.

I have a feeling the colors of the numbers on the White and Brown jerseys will be switched around in the future, though.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

So far I'm very happy with the jerseys. I'm glad they went with a modern twist on a traditional striping pattern over something stupid like the Jaws of Husky Stadium/Razorback Tusks™. The only changes I would make are using the numbers from the wordmark font (though the font they went with isn't bad), removing the contrasting stitching (seems unnecessary), flipping the colors of the number/shadow on the brown jersey, and making the wordmark/NOB on the orange jersey brown. That way the wordmark/NOB would match the shadow on all three jerseys.

Looking forward to seeing the helmet and pants...those could ruin the look, but I'm hopeful they'll be restrained.

For those complaining about the fact these aren't super modern (Wave you seen the Bucs and Jags?) or saying "I'm done with the Browns" because of a slightly larger than normal wordmark or contrasting stitching, please shut up.

For those still claiming that these leaks are fake and orchestrated by the Browns front office, just go away and don't come back.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%2010.39.

I hope that brown jersey is for real because the other one with piping is horrendous.

I think the piping is just on the front. Or it's there but hard to see from a distance, which would be great.

That stitching, if it's real, looks horrendous on the close-up image of the brown jersey. It ruins what could have been a good jersey. Even if you can't see it from a distance, the fact that you know it's there will drive you crazy regardless. The orange jersey actually looks nice, clean, and great. I'd buy one of those if I could and I hope it's the home primary instead of the brown.

ICXC NIKA

I actually was diagnosed as having "Extreme Narcissicm" in high school, yes.

Outside of a handful of friends/family who are very close to me, I show a pathological lack of empathy for the well-being and opinions of others.

Archived