daveindc

New Browns uni coming 2015

Well, they're certainly not the worst that could've happened. I feel like as they are, they're just okay. I'm not extremely fond of the greater abundance of orange; the brown jerseys would be vastly improved with white numbers and white jersey with brown numbers.

I guess my overall opinion is that I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a spacesuit, and it's closer to good than bad, but there's still a few things that could've been much better.

I'm fine with these but I wish they would have kept the traditional color ordering on the white and brown jerseys. The stripes on the white should be O-B-O and on brown it should be W-O-W.

Other than that and the contrasting seams these are a credible update.

One observation, may be due to different jersey types (game, elite, etc). But the contrast piping is visible on the white jersey but only around the collar, the orange jersey I still can't tell. Curious to see how the stitching translates to the on field jerseys, will look better I think

I show a pathological lack of empathy for the well-being and opinions of others.

fox-news-channel.jpg

I'll have to see the full set, but first opinion is that I actually really like them. This is much more "Vikings" than it is "Bucs", and thank goodness for that. This reminds me of the Hornets revival, only instead of feeling let down because I know there were better design options available, I'm content because there really isn't much you can do to fully modernize the Bowns' unis while keeping ties to the classic look.

Fair enough.

My take on the jerseys

Minnesota Vikings level (so close, yet so far)

- the orange numbers on the white and browns jerseys look awful (wouldn't be surprised if they were found to be illegible in-stadium and changed before opening day, a la 1984).

- the "Cleveland" is too large (and shouldn't the wordmark be "Browns" anyway?)

- the contrast stitching is ridiculous

Again, they nearly came up with something good (still a downgrade, but anything is a downgrade from the prior near perfection) but felt the need to ruin it.

Nike gonna Nike.

This stitching argument is ridiculous, it's like arguing over what the inside collar text reads. You'll hardly see it on your tv unless it's zoomed in on a player, and you won't even see it if you go to a game.

You sure as hell will see it if you're a Browns fan wearing one of these jerseys.

Well, they're certainly not the worst that could've happened. I feel like as they are, they're just okay. I'm not extremely fond of the greater abundance of orange; the brown jerseys would be vastly improved with white numbers and white jersey with brown numbers.

I guess my overall opinion is that I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a spacesuit, and it's closer to good than bad, but there's still a few things that could've been much better.

This brings up a good point that got lost in all of the conspiracy posting which is that many thought that Cleveland would be switching over to absolutely disgusting hot modern bucs garbage, so the relative tameness of these has me satisfied for now. However, these are definitely a "wait-and-see-it-on-the-players" type for true judgement.

Also, I think we need to cut it out with the word "piping" because piping is a folded strip of fabric sewn into a seam for embellishment. What's on these is just contrasting stitching and has proven to be pretty innocuous as evidenced by the somewhat distanced Manziel pic.

What I really don't get is the drop shadow numbering. It would be easier to see from distance without the drop shadow. Just a really strange decision.

If any good came out of this, at least all of those insanely stupid "beer trading" posts on the Browns reddit board stopped for a little bit.

So another Browns fan traded homebrew beer with you, no one cares.

I would argue that the predictions of "this is going to be a disaster" were wrong. I admit, I thought it might be.

On one hand, they messed with a uniform that had not been messed with for a long time. On the other hand, they did not go all Nike Pro Combat crazy or anything like that. It's a serviceable uniform. So unless you are married to the idea that the previous set cannot change, I'd have to think that this is, at worst, "not too bad".

• Like the brown mask.
  • Like the stripes
  • Can live with the number font (prefer block)
  • Can live with the "upshadow"
  • Don't really like the big "Cleveland" (screams 1980s replica)
  • Don't like the visible stitching.
  • Don't feel they need three pants.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think it may be a slight upgrade with the brown mask, the stripes for today's sleeves, and the better blending of colors (as opposed to one-colored numbers, which I rarely like)

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-14%20at%2010.39.

I hope that brown jersey is for real because the other one with piping is horrendous.

1. It's not piping it's stitching.

2. It has the stitching but from a distance you can't see it.

Stitching or Piping = Still looks like dog crap.

My only worry is how much of the brown jersey will have contrasting stitching? The game jersey is made up of so many different panels, it could end up being a nightmare.

This had better be a "Minnesota Vikings Deal" where they switch back to a more traditional design as soon as the five years are up.

The fact that this set is clearly designed around Orange could - like Navy for the Broncos - come back to bite them in the butt later on. Certain combos won't look quite as good as they used to with the new color priorities, and that's not good if fans clamor for those combos.

The fact that the leaked close-up of the white jersey from a week ago didn't have the piping/contrast stitching makes me think the orange unis are the new home unis and the brown ones are the alternates.