New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance of the pants design leaking before the unveil?

Pretty doubtful since retailers don't sell pants.

That is one thing I never understood. I would think Nike, or any other brand, releasing sweat pants or shorts that mimic the pants stripes of teams? Sure there are teams with no pants stripes. But I would assume shorts or sweats with the pants stripes could have a legitimate segment of the market.

I know everyone has their opinion on new jerseys. I just can't believe it took them years to come up with this look. Seems like it could have been done in a few months.

Have you ever been a part of the creative process? You can't always judge the amount of work that goes into a project simply by looking at the final result.

I have absolutely not been apart of the creative process at any point. I just don't feel like there was a lot of creativity put into this jersey.

Equating "complicated design" with "creativity" is a mistake. It's just as hard to create a simple design as a cluttered one.

That having been said, ugh. No, thank you.

I know everyone has their opinion on new jerseys. I just can't believe it took them years to come up with this look. Seems like it could have been done in a few months.

Have you ever been a part of the creative process? You can't always judge the amount of work that goes into a project simply by looking at the final result.

I have absolutely not been apart of the creative process at any point. I just don't feel like there was a lot of creativity put into this jersey.

Equating "complicated design" with "creativity" is a mistake. It's just as hard to create a simple design as a cluttered one.

That having been said, ugh. No, thank you.

A simple design is often the hardest to design.

A: less design elements = less margin for error on each.

B: resisting the urge to just keep adding elements.

That is one thing I never understood. I would think Nike, or any other brand, releasing sweat pants or shorts that mimic the pants stripes of teams? Sure there are teams with no pants stripes. But I would assume shorts or sweats with the pants stripes could have a legitimate segment of the market.

I've never thought of that, but they probably would sell (see NBA basketball shorts).

I probably wouldn't buy NFL ones, but if there were sweatpants with the blue piping down the sides like on the Indians pants, i might buy those.

I love the contrast stitching. Not sold on the orange numbers.

So far, I really do like the overall look. We'll have a more complete understanding this evening. I'm sure there will be no overreactions...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If they leak, they must not be designed very well at all!

Please tell me this didn't just go over everyone's heads.
It made me burst out laughing in class.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The stripes extending onto the chest are awful. I hate on the Seahawks and I hate it now for the Browns (at least the Browns' doesn't extended all the way to the collar though).

And the gigantic Cleveland wordmark is dumb.

Other than those 2 things, these leaks, if true, are a lot tamer than I thought the jerseys would be.

Hopefully the pants stripe is closer to traditional like the Vikings and not some terrible abstract design like the Bucs or Jags.

Well now that I've seen all 3 jerseys my opinion is pretty much the same thing as here. Don't like the stripes extending passed the sleeve onto the chest and the "Cleveland" is way to big.

I'll also add that the orange stitching on the Brown jersey looks atrocious, cheap and amateur. And because of that I actually hope the Orange is the primary now. Would prefer white numbers with orange outline too.

I suspect their best look will be O-W-O and I dread the inevitable mono orange and mono brown games.

They actually were selling something like this last offseason, though some of them were inexplicably off-model. Check that the white and gold are swapped on these. http://www.nflshop.com/Jacksonville_Jaguars_Pants_And_Shorts/Mens_Jacksonville_Jaguars_Nike_Black_Speed_Vent_Performance_Shorts

Also, black Dolphins for some reason.

xgVQ5.So.56.jpeg

I've never thought of that, but they probably would sell (see NBA basketball shorts).

I probably wouldn't buy NFL ones, but if there were sweatpants with the blue piping down the sides like on the Indians pants, i might buy those.

didn't they sell these in the last few years? I seem to recall after the Jags last redeaux, they wore practice shorts that mimicked the game pants.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

They actually were selling something like this last offseason, though some of them were inexplicably off-model. Check that the white and gold are swapped on these. http://www.nflshop.com/Jacksonville_Jaguars_Pants_And_Shorts/Mens_Jacksonville_Jaguars_Nike_Black_Speed_Vent_Performance_Shorts

OFF TOPIC -- $74.95 for a pair of shorts? WTF?!?!?!?!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In nine years of trolling these boards I don't think I've ever experienced a thread as glorious as this one.

I would LOVE to own a pair of Bill's striped sweats, but they'd have to compete with the Zubaz market, which is STRONG here. But I sure would drop some $$ on a pair of sweats.

I mocked this up based on what we've gotten so far:

Browns-uniform_1.png

I wasn't really sure how to place the stripes on the sleeves.

Also, credit to BucksFan5 for the template.

This actually looks really, really good. I think I'd still prefer white numbers, but this looks solid. Nice job!

Archived