New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they could always introduce a new dog logo....a tough looking dog certainly seems more appropriate for a football team than an...elf. Modell himself thought the else was too childish.

I'm pretty sure that there's still no one in the city of Cleveland who gives a rat's ass about what Modell thought.

I recall BBTV years ago suggesting that making the Dawg Pound logo the primary or helmet logo would be akin to scribbling "700 Level Rulez" on the Eagles helmets...and he's right.

Individual fan groups should not be validated with formal team acknowledgment.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I recall BBTV years ago suggesting that making the Dawg Pound logo the primary or helmet logo would be akin to scribbling "700 Level Rulez" on the Eagles helmets...and he's right.

Individual fan groups should not be validated with formal team acknowledgment.

That handsome devil generally is right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Adopting a dog for a logo would be one of the worst ideas ever.

This...

381.gif

...already existed long before talks of Nike completely revamping the uniforms. So why not? It can't be any worse than an imp... or elf... or what ever the hell that thing was.

I know it's not even remotely close to the same thing but every time I see that logo I immediately think of the Bears logo.

354.gif

This...

381.gif

...already existed long before talks of Nike completely revamping the uniforms. So why not? It can't be any worse than an imp... or elf... or what ever the hell that thing was.

I know it's not even remotely close to the same thing but every time I see that logo I immediately think of the Bears logo.

354.gif

This...

381.gif

354.gif

Actually, I could see that.

If it were up to me, I would just update that bulldog logo. Just sharpen up the edges and shadows and what not.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Well they could always introduce a new dog logo....a tough looking dog certainly seems more appropriate for a football team than an...elf. Modell himself thought the else was too childish.

I'm pretty sure that there's still no one in the city of Cleveland who gives a rat's ass about what Modell thought.

Modell still sucks!

spacer.png

I wouldn't advocate putting the dog on the helmet (I love the plain helmet as its unique), but feel a dog as a secondary logo is perfect. Seems those against it have something against the fans of the original Pound. For better or worse though, the Pound is the most famous thing to come out of Browns football since Jim Brown and thus that is what many in the rest of the USA associate with Browns football.

I'd say put it to a vote and see what a majority of Browns fans want.

I wouldn't advocate putting the dog on the helmet (I love the plain helmet as its unique), but feel a dog as a secondary logo is perfect. Seems those against it have something against the fans of the original Pound. For better or worse though, the Pound is the most famous thing to come out of Browns football since Jim Brown and thus that is what many in the rest of the USA associate with Browns football.

I'd say put it to a vote and see what a majority of Browns fans want.

They need to create a simple crest/monogram type logo as a primary for media purposes and some basic merch. The brownie makes a great secondary secondary logo for merch as well. The dog logos should be saved for bootleg t-shirts sold outside the stadium on game days.

I wouldn't advocate putting the dog on the helmet (I love the plain helmet as its unique), but feel a dog as a secondary logo is perfect.

I don't think people want to put a dog on the helmet.

I think it's the "B in Football" logo that people want to see on the helmet, while the bulldog would be used as a primary logo.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Although I strongly dislike the Browns' lack of a true primary logo, I just can't picture any logo looking good on their orange helmets. It has nothing to do with the fact that they've been that way forever, they just don't look like they'd provide a friendly background to slap a logo onto without it looking awkward. Let's not act like the brownie elf, the bulldog, or the football B are the answer.

I would like to see them modify the helmet stripe to be more pronounced and go from there. That could be their thing.

Midway.png

if they made that stupid elf their official logo i would refuse to ever refer to them as an NFL franchise again. they embarrass themselves enough as is, they dont need that thing to add to it

The elf has a ton of support in Cleveland.

if they made that stupid elf their official logo i would refuse to ever refer to them as an NFL franchise again. they embarrass themselves enough as is, they dont need that thing to add to it

The elf has a ton of support in Cleveland.

Sarah Palin got a ton of support too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived