New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the BROWNS down the sides of the pants makes the MIAMI tramp stamp look ok in comparison.

Thanks, Browns, for taking the heat off of the dolphins unis.

What do you mean? At least the Browns didn't all but eliminate one of their iconic colors (yes, I'm talking about the lack of orange on the "Aqua Fresh" Dolphins uniforms).

The pants devastate this uniform. Simple stripes, this wouldn't be bad at all. Those pants? It's like Jacksonville's helmet... Takes what would be a 4 to 5 star design down to a 0.5 star...

I like the Jags helmet. At least it's something new/different....it at least looks "fresh". The Browns word mark down the side of the pants looks VERY minor league. The whole uniform does. It looks outdated.

You can't be serious. The Jags' helmet is the ugliest uniform element in the history of sports.

This made my day ^^

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

If that's what it takes to get new fans, let LA have the team. Cleveland is done. It was built on a blue collar, expletive-the-future mentality that doesn't exist anymore.

Might as well rename the city. Cleveland is done.

Jesus. Please tell me I was not half as bad as this guy when I first got here... (BBTV, infred: what say you?)

Well, since you came right out and asked for my opinion, I guess that gives me license to be blunt and tell you exactly what I think. Yes, you were worse than the other guy. You started out bad and you've gone downhill from there. You're the most annoying Cleveland fan on these boards and I think you're an idiot. Does that answer your question? ;)

BB52Big.jpg

I honestly think the contrasting stitching is to combat counterfeit jerseys.

Why couldn't the Chinese use contrasting stitching?

I once saw a counterfeit navy Bills jersey with powder blue contrast stitching and Patriots NOB font

True-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

My English teacher had a counterfeit broncos jersey, where the nike logos both faced left

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

My goodness. Those pants. Awful.

We get it. They are the Browns. The team name doesn't need to be spelt out a combined 60 times in big bold letters, if you count each player.

It's actually 92 times if you count all the players who dress and it could up to 160 in the preseason.

Well, the BROWNS down the sides of the pants makes the MIAMI tramp stamp look ok in comparison.

Thanks, Browns, for taking the heat off of the dolphins unis.

What do you mean? At least the Browns didn't all but eliminate one of their iconic colors (yes, I'm talking about the lack of orange on the "Aqua Fresh" Dolphins uniforms).

I miss the orange, and the helmet on the Dolphin, but at least the unis don't have FINS down the sides of the pants. I do like the return to the lighter aqua shade and the clean appearance of the all white unis for Miami. And no 3rd color pants to totally muck up the unis.

looks like my mask pant job is good enough, orange looks the same to me. I'll probably still buy the new one and slap the white mask on that one for when i do 80s throwback week matchups on thanksgiving and xmas. Bought the new Browns jersey, glad I dropped 67 lbs so now I can wear/buy youth xl($70) not that I care b/c they all just hang on the wall in the den and office except my rodgers jersey that I wear every game day.

11148876_10204042489530949_1875034564_n.

Ranking them from the hip up (the only way I can call them anything but garbage):

Orange/White - only uniform that has no major non-wordmark issues.

Brown/White - ruined by orange numbers.

White/White - orange number made worse by lack of brown in uniform.

White/Orange - lack of brown due to orange number

Brown/Orange - orange number creates wall of color (needs some more white).

White/Brown - not a big fan of brown pants, but white is the color they work best with.

Orange/Brown - wall of color, but at least the numbers are white, see above for my view on brown pants.

Brown/Brown - i tend to hate non-white monochrome, the orange socks (no leotard effect) salvage this.

Orange/Orange - this is the set I always feared when the team had both orange alt jerseys and pants in the mid 2000s.

I love these. Not perfect, as Nike always has these one or two elements in their redesigns that leave you scratching their heads. But overall I do think these are an upgrade over the previous set. I know the previous set had tradition an all that, but sometimes certain traditions just need to die because they aren't working. The old set looked old, not classic to me. At least the brown jersey. It looked like a team from the 60's. It wasn't a timeliness design for me like the Bears, Packers, Colts. Just my .02.

The pants are my favorite part.

Browns don't have a logo so instead used their wordmark. I'm fine with that.

It's interesting; I assume most in here are graphic oriented. I'm a visual artist, mostly paint, but often other mediums. I don't know if that's the difference or not, but I like seeing them do something different.

I love these. Not perfect, as Nike always has these one or two elements in their redesigns that leave you scratching their heads. But overall I do think these are an upgrade over the previous set. I know the previous set had tradition an all that, but sometimes certain traditions just need to die because they aren't working. The old set looked old, not classic to me. At least the brown jersey. It looked like a team from the 60's. It wasn't a timeliness design for me like the Bears, Packers, Colts. Just my .02.

This is one interesting thing about this thread. I think we have every possible viepoint on uniforms in here. This is the first I've heard of someone who didn't consider the Browns look a classic who wasn't a "there are no classics" type.

Not criticizing you. Just observing an example of a new opinion on uniforms I encountered on this threads.

My only disagreement with you is that, in my opinion, tradition always works and is better because it is tradition.

I have theories as to why I think this way, but won't go into them (would involve talking politics and religion).

The pants are my favorite part.

Browns don't have a logo so instead used their wordmark. I'm fine with that.

It's interesting; I assume most in here are graphic oriented. I'm a visual artist, mostly paint, but often other mediums. I don't know if that's the difference or not, but I like seeing them do something different.

Nope. It's been pointed out that we have many artists and graphic designers here who see the value in tradition. Being a "visual artist" isn't the reason you like these.

And no, not everyone here is "graphic oriented." I haven't taken an art class since high school and every single concept I've made has been done in MS Paint.

The whole mentality just comes off as smug. If you like the new look, cool. All the power to you. It's not because you're an artist though. Not only has the premise been proven false but the premise itself reeks of an undeserved sense of superiority. "No wonder the rabble doesn't like it. They aren't artistic like I am."

I'm honestly a bit surprised at the hate these are getting. Sure, the pants, kill them with fire. But the whole set isn't an abomination. Decent modern take on a classic look. And 5 million times than the Bucs and Jags. Really digging the white top brown pants combo.

Pennants.jpg

Archived