New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

It seems that a lot of the "fixes" being proposed here would basically make the new uniforms the old uniforms with two less sleeve stripes and a brown facemask.

For example:

• The jerseys seem to be a hit but a lot of us don't like the orange numbers. The suggested fix is the Browns should have stuck with white numbers on the brown and orange jerseys and brown numbers on the white jersey.
  • The reaction to the Cleveland wordmark has been lukewarm at best. The fix? Remove it.
  • The orange pants seem to be a hit but I think it's safe to say that the majority of us would prefer removal of the Browns wordmark and replacing it with the stripe.
  • It's also safe to say that the majority would like to see the Browns wordmark removed and replaced with the stripe on both the brown and the white pants.
  • The removal of the sock stripes has been brought up as well.

So when it's all said an done, the look that seems like it would please the most of us would be similar to this but with the current sleeve and pants stripes and a brown facemask...

51YnVk51ZjL.jpg040310-brian-sipe-ii1.jpg

So what was the point of updating again?

And what'd be wrong with that if they did?

Not a thing. It would have been the perfect choice in my opinion. There was no need to go as far as they did.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the press release photos, the stripe doesn't look as truncated as what is shown. The majority of the players don't have their shirts tucked in, but when the shirts ARE tucked in, its drastically inproves the look of the pants. They are still bad... just, less bad.

Its also incedibly frustrating that they used the new, proprietary font on the CLEVELAND and BROWNS wordmarks... but nope, not on the numbers!

So I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I'm much more about capturing a good feel in a look than having things appropriately spaced, colored and aligned.

Same here. If it looks good then it looks good. Period.

BB52Big.jpg

Am I the only one that feels that the orange pants paired with the brown jersey always looked horrible? They look fine with the white jersey, but it's just way too much with the brown. It always looked like regurgitated Halloween candy to me.

Brown, orange, and white looks great when balanced correctly (see: orange-brown-white combo). It's not very pleasant when brown and orange are competing with each other, though.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think any modern look would be a downgrade from the classic uniform they just dumped but this is not completely terrible.

I like the combos, especially the brown over orange and white over orange. I like how they put CLEVELAND on the jersey instead of having BROWNS on the jersey and pants together. I love the helmet updates without completely disregarding the classic helmet. The brown facemask is the best possible choice other than perhaps white.

What I don't like: the dropshadows, not executed well. The numbers are also too big, like Seattle's.

I'm undecided on the pants wordmark, will wait to see on the field before judging.

Overall, decent...not a disaster that could have happened.

Favorite combo:

Browns-Unis-7.jpg

87Redskins.png

This about sums it up...

From Deadspin: "Unfortunately for Cleveland, the new Browns uniforms will still be worn by the same old Browns players."

I think the best quote came from a parody acount called CLE-TMZ. They said:

"The new uniforms say 'BROWNS' down the side of the pants so you can be sure which team is losing 23-7 every week."

So final thoughts:

There was no reason to change would they had to begin with, so pretty much anything would be a downgrade, but these wound up pretty tame when you have things like the Bucs, Jags and Seahawks new unis to compare to it.

-The "Cleveland" wordmark is too big and extremely high school looking.
-The different color stitching makes it look like a a cheap knock off or jnco jeans.
-Don't like how the stripes extend onto the chest, although it's not as bad as Seattle
-"Browns" going down the side of the pants in lieu of a stripe is laughably bad and kills the entire uniform.
A lot is going have do with the combos they use. PLEASE NEVER GO MONO BROWN or MONO ORANGE! (But they inevitably will). Honestly, like I said yesterday, they don't even need the brown pants. The Brown pants only look passable with the white uniforms and look terrible with the other two.
Best combos.
O-W-O
O-O-W
O-W-W
O-B-O

My ranking of Nike rebrands:
1. Vikings (single number serif is only thing holding these back.)
2. Dolphins (needs more orange and the logo is boring and looks like that of a vacation resort.)

3. Browns (see above)
4. Seahawks (don't hate these as much as I did at first but they're still meh at best.)
5. Jaguars (The unis themselves have flaws but it wouldn't be that bad if the helmet wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen)

6. Bucs (could go on all day about the problems with these.)

I am now scared for my Vols & what Nike might do to their classic look... Oh well these uniforms are hard to rate I like some of it but overall just too many gimmicky elements that look awful....

Helmet - A - The Brown facemask looks great that is the best change they made IMHO.The textured stripe looks fine.

Jersey - D - Not bad but nothing special either the striping looks OK, the stitching does not look as bad as I thought initially the big CLEVELAND just looks silly which drops them way down for me. I really dont like the number font but dont hate it either not a real fan of the drop shadow either.

Pants - F - The pants are just awful with Browns running down them. I would have even thought plain pants with just the helmet logo would look better.

Socks - B+ - No real problem with orange & brown socks just only wear orange socks with the brown pants & brown socks with the orange pants please.

A downgrade for sure. My new rankings for Nike are as follows:

Vikings - slight upgrade

Seahawks - push

Dolphins - big downgrade

Browns - bigger downgrade

Bucs - biggest downgrade

Jags - colossal failure

A downgrade for sure. My new rankings for Nike are as follows:

Vikings - slight upgrade

Seahawks - push

Dolphins - big downgrade

Browns - bigger downgrade

Bucs - biggest downgrade

Jags - colossal failure

I'd agree with all this, except I'd probably put Seattle in the "slight upgrade" category.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wow. I normally get angry about some of this Nike Adidas trash, but I couldn't even get mad. I just laughed. Sorry, Cleveland fans. You've put up with so much, and now you have this. I'm genuinely sorry. These are instantly bottom third in football, at very best. So, here's my arbitrary ranking system, including a few categories I added.

Sleeve stripes 8/10 - I wish they'd do all the way to the seam instead of cutting off and turning up. It's actually an interesting idea for football uniforms.

Numbers 4/10 - The font itself is bad, but these are mostly awful because the numbers are orange on the brown and white jerseys, which is an affront to Browns' history along with looking bad or illegible

Colors 10/10 - My desire to see a lighter brown is mostly covered by Nike's ultra-matte, faded looking materials. There's no gray anyway, so the colors are great.

Pants 1/10 - I literally can't think of a way to make the pants worse. If they had no stripes and just the wordmark? Eh, wouldn't be any less complete. This is utter garbage, and the foremost example of how Nike just couldn't stop themselves. They started this truncating pants stripes garbage in college about five years back. Just an absolutely atrocious feature, particularly when the uniforms are so heavy on stripes. Top half of the pants says NFL, bottom half says Adidas MAC school.

Helmet 8/10 - The brown facemask looks bad. The textured stripe is meh.

Socks 3/10 - They shouldn't have orange socks. Ever. That the Bengals thing, and all they should ever wear. The brown socks are going to lead to a lot of awful leotard games with the brown pants. Furthermore, with a uniform so content on STRIPES! that they put three big freaking stripes wrapping around the chest, maybe they could have seen the value of having stripes on the socks? Too much sense.

Color usage 2/10 - We're presumably getting monochrome brown at home and monochrome white on the road. Then for a bonus, we'll get head to ankle orange twice a year. Add in the orange numbers on the brown and white jerseys, and these just look bad.

Accents 3/10 - The contrasting stitching is bad in general, awful when intersecting jersey stripes, and horrible when appearing on one out of six jersey elements. The chest wordmark is amateurish in general, but even more so with the color balance of it. And of course, the chest wordmark isn't the same as the pants wordmark on the orange.

Logos 1/10 - There's no excuse for them not coming up with an actual logo.

Fit for Browns 4/10 - Literally every element is a downgrade from the previous set. They honestly look like a mid major school. Orange numbers home and road is awful. These jerseys just don't look like the Browns. They could have been a bigger departure from what the Browns should be if they came out with a Bucs/Jags hybrid, but these are still bad. The guy who said these are like the previous Bills set is dead on. Just many things going on, yet still half assed.

So, there are some respectable parts, but a lot is bad. 44/100 in my opinion.

No need to apologize most fans love the new uniforms.

Now get off my lawn!!

What do you mean "Most fans love the new uniforms"? How do you know that? It's been less than 24 hours.

Now get off my lawn!!

What do you mean "Most fans love the new uniforms"? How do you know that? It's been less than 24 hours.

He knows that because he's cool and hip, so all cool and hip people think like him. Also, Cleveland is apparently now cool and hip.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wow. I normally get angry about some of this Nike Adidas trash, but I couldn't even get mad. I just laughed. Sorry, Cleveland fans. You've put up with so much, and now you have this. I'm genuinely sorry. These are instantly bottom third in football, at very best. So, here's my arbitrary ranking system, including a few categories I added.

Sleeve stripes 8/10 - I wish they'd do all the way to the seam instead of cutting off and turning up. It's actually an interesting idea for football uniforms.

Numbers 4/10 - The font itself is bad, but these are mostly awful because the numbers are orange on the brown and white jerseys, which is an affront to Browns' history along with looking bad or illegible

Colors 10/10 - My desire to see a lighter brown is mostly covered by Nike's ultra-matte, faded looking materials. There's no gray anyway, so the colors are great.

Pants 1/10 - I literally can't think of a way to make the pants worse. If they had no stripes and just the wordmark? Eh, wouldn't be any less complete. This is utter garbage, and the foremost example of how Nike just couldn't stop themselves. They started this truncating pants stripes garbage in college about five years back. Just an absolutely atrocious feature, particularly when the uniforms are so heavy on stripes. Top half of the pants says NFL, bottom half says Adidas MAC school.

Helmet 8/10 - The brown facemask looks bad. The textured stripe is meh.

Socks 3/10 - They shouldn't have orange socks. Ever. That the Bengals thing, and all they should ever wear. The brown socks are going to lead to a lot of awful leotard games with the brown pants. Furthermore, with a uniform so content on STRIPES! that they put three big freaking stripes wrapping around the chest, maybe they could have seen the value of having stripes on the socks? Too much sense.

Color usage 2/10 - We're presumably getting monochrome brown at home and monochrome white on the road. Then for a bonus, we'll get head to ankle orange twice a year. Add in the orange numbers on the brown and white jerseys, and these just look bad.

Accents 3/10 - The contrasting stitching is bad in general, awful when intersecting jersey stripes, and horrible when appearing on one out of six jersey elements. The chest wordmark is amateurish in general, but even more so with the color balance of it. And of course, the chest wordmark isn't the same as the pants wordmark on the orange.

Logos 1/10 - There's no excuse for them not coming up with an actual logo.

Fit for Browns 4/10 - Literally every element is a downgrade from the previous set. They honestly look like a mid major school. Orange numbers home and road is awful. These jerseys just don't look like the Browns. They could have been a bigger departure from what the Browns should be if they came out with a Bucs/Jags hybrid, but these are still bad. The guy who said these are like the previous Bills set is dead on. Just many things going on, yet still half assed.

So, there are some respectable parts, but a lot is bad. 44/100 in my opinion.

Now get off my lawn!!

To me, this is always a sure sign that your feeling defensive about you're position. First off, these things have been out for less than a day, so "most fans" haven't even gotten a decent look yet. Beyond that, I'm pretty sure you haven't taken some sort of scientific poll. So, in reality, you don't know what most fans like.

And besides that, it doesn't matter. If you like it just say so (and maybe cut back on the age jokes that aren't helping your cause). This poster gave prefect legimate reasons why he doesn't care for it. You responded with no reasoning of your own why you do, dropped a completely unprovable point about "most fans", and then a lame age joke. Debate fail.

Archived