New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I belong to a Browns Message board and there is a poll. Over 75% either love them or like them. With over 4000 voting.

Which is about .005 percent of all Browns fans.

Also, you're 41? No offense, but I figured you were about 15. Again, no offense, but your posts seem more like what the teenagers around here post.

I am actually pretty immature. I get it. I like making fun of people that take themselves way to serious. Which is about 90% on this board.

You people act like your opinion matters. Except for the handful of you that are actual designers your all a bunch of wannabes and it's quite pathetic. Analyzing and scrutinizing every little detail of a logo is lame.

In reality it doesnt mean anything unless your a fan of the team or the actual designer.

So go on Mr. important with your big bad self, insulting othe people's work and opinions.

Oh if you do happen to be a designer and post on this website it makes you even more lame.

Find another hobby, DUDE!!!!! Sorry just the 15 year old in me.

Well, you really put me in my place, didn't you? :rolleyes:

41?

I'm not even sure what to say.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yet another team dropping striped socks...sniff sniff

I get a feeling that he NFL is trying to get rid of them and they may be banned soon (although I expect the Bears to be grandfathered in like the Browns and Steelers helmets and the packers ownership situation).

I base this on the fact that the Browns first ditched the striped socks (not counting the 1984 redesign) when a former NFL league office executive came in as team President.

No need to apologize most fans love the new uniforms.

Now get off my lawn!!

What do you mean "Most fans love the new uniforms"? How do you know that? It's been less than 24 hours.

He knows that because he's cool and hip, so all cool and hip people think like him. Also, Cleveland is apparently now cool and hip.

Wow! Your post reminded me of this!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUnyv5XUA8

Well no I'm 41 years old and not even close to hip. And I don't live in Cleveland.

I belong to a Browns Message board and there is a poll. Over 75% either love them or like them. With over 4000 voting.

Which is about .005 percent of all Browns fans.

Also, you're 41? No offense, but I figured you were about 15. Again, no offense, but your posts seem more like what the teenagers around here post.

I am actually pretty immature. I get it. I like making fun of people that take themselves way to serious. Which is about 90% on this board.

You people act like your opinion matters. Except for the handful of you that are actual designers your all a bunch of wannabes and it's quite pathetic. Analyzing and scrutinizing every little detail of a logo is lame.

In reality it doesnt mean anything unless your a fan of the team or the actual designer.

So go on Mr. important with your big bad self, insulting othe people's work and opinions.

Oh if you do happen to be a designer and post on this website it makes you even more lame.

Yeah! Don't have a passion in your work to a point you want to talk about it with other people who are also interested! That's not what the internet is for!

And don't you DARE voice your opinion, because it doesn't matter! Only NJDawgs's opinions matter!!!

(seriously dude, :censored: off)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

listen man; your dumb, k. i am to a person who likes to make fun of people who take themself too seriously, and honestly thats a lot around this place lol

but reallY, you take yourse too seriou. im aftually a designer, and i make Cool Stuff profesionally. Its my hobby and my job. Check out some of my work:

i took all thes epictures

stock-photo-14301130-blue-wizards-hat-wi

for real though, i actually respect you. you seem like you now what is for real around here, not these loosers forlf

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The pants are my favorite part.

Browns don't have a logo so instead used their wordmark. I'm fine with that.

It's interesting; I assume most in here are graphic oriented. I'm a visual artist, mostly paint, but often other mediums. I don't know if that's the difference or not, but I like seeing them do something different.

Nope. It's been pointed out that we have many artists and graphic designers here who see the value in tradition. Being a "visual artist" isn't the reason you like these.

And no, not everyone here is "graphic oriented." I haven't taken an art class since high school and every single concept I've made has been done in MS Paint.

The whole mentality just comes off as smug. If you like the new look, cool. All the power to you. It's not because you're an artist though. Not only has the premise been proven false but the premise itself reeks of an undeserved sense of superiority. "No wonder the rabble doesn't like it. They aren't artistic like I am."

Way to get worked up about your own misinterpretation. Relax, he wasn't attacking anyone, just making an observation and floating a theory.

I will preface this with the idea that I really hate the pants wordmark.

HOWEVER, if they were going to do it, is this execution more tolerable? Just an idea I had. Basically it's the same style just unveiled but with the text filling in the rest of the stripe.

13ztyde.png

That's a really good idea.

HOWEVER, if they were going to do it, is this execution more tolerable? Just an idea I had. Basically it's the same style just unveiled but with the text filling in the rest of the stripe.

13ztyde.png

That was my thought immediately upon seeing the pants wordmark.

you know i can be long winded. all my thoughts here: http://brandmooreart.blogspot.com/2015/04/2015-cleveland-browns-orange-is-new.html

"There are some elements that can last forever on the uniform, but the design as a whole is definitely not timeless. They replaced a timeless design that was only dated in ways where old elements no longer fit properly into modern templates (remember the jersey stripes) with a flash-in-the-pan, attention whore of a football uniform. Still, it’s hard not to like some of the flash."

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13ztyde.png

That was my thought immediately upon seeing the pants wordmark.
You could even run the stripe top to bottom and have the text built within the stripe, perhaps with an orange outline to distinguish it? This is to say, of course, if they're hard set on the text. A plain stripe would be best.

yet another team dropping striped socks...sniff sniff

I get a feeling that he NFL is trying to get rid of them and they may be banned soon (although I expect the Bears to be grandfathered in like the Browns and Steelers helmets and the packers ownership situation).

I base this on the fact that the Browns first ditched the striped socks (not counting the 1984 redesign) when a former NFL league office executive came in as team President.

I don't think they'd ever ban striped socks. They have no reason to do so. Right now, players on all teams wear illegal socks each game, either going entirely unpunished or getting an inconsequential fine. Although I've seen a few :censored:s on the Chiefs wear just plain tights in lieu of their socks, I don't remember a player on the Bears ever taking the field with just tights on. Plenty wear tights, but they normally have a bunched up portion of sock stripe around their ankles or something. Either way, some players will ignore the mandated uniform, and the league doesn't think it's a big enough issue to do anything about. The individual teams can go to plain socks if they want. As for why teams have, 1) they're cheaper and easier to get than striped socks; 2) it's what designers tell them is in; and 3) they probably don't want to fight with the players to get them to actually wear the team uniform.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There were some ugly uniforms on that list. The Browns was the one of the lesser evils on the list. I don't think they're ugly. Pants maybe, but I'm actually a fan of them.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I think they're in the bottom third, without a doubt. But I really think they're like the old Buffalo set because they just threw so much random crap into it. Like the Bills, they tried to take a traditional uniform and make it advanced. Even if these aren't visually as bad as certain other sets, I think their historical place is set because of how huge of a downgrade they are and how wrong they are for the Browns franchise.

Contrasting stitching? Sure!

Stripes wrapping around the front? Why not?

Chest wordmark? Natch.

Truncated pants stripes? Give it a go.

Wordmark on pants? Might as well

Shadow which goes up from numbers? We've come this far...

OldRomanSig2.jpg

All that's missing is a horn that plays "La Cucaracha"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think they're in the bottom third, without a doubt. But I really think they're like the old Buffalo set because they just threw so much random crap into it. Like the Bills, they tried to take a traditional uniform and make it advanced. Even if these aren't visually as bad as certain other sets, I think their historical place is set because of how huge of a downgrade they are and how wrong they are for the Browns franchise.

Contrasting stitching? Sure!

Stripes wrapping around the front? Why not?

Chest wordmark? Natch.

Truncated pants stripes? Give it a go.

Wordmark on pants? Might as well

Shadow which goes up from numbers? We've come this far...

Yeah, I feel the same way. It wouldn't have taken much to update their look into a modern classic. It reminds me of this scene:

appifiying-wordpress-practical-tips-for-

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived