New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The board should definitely require a breathalyzer prior to posting.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bucs have the Best looking Nike uniforms IMO.

This made me laugh, and I'm a Buccaneer fan.

I've said it in the past , i'm not a fan of traditional stuff.
I love how someone here shares their honest opinion and then gets roasted because of it. To each their own. Some people are stuck with tradition and won't take to change and if they do it's kicking and screaming. Others welcome it and quite like it. To each their own.

*shield in hand*

On that note I love these new uniforms. Yeah they're a little quirky and gimmicky but they are unique and I love them!

The new Browns look is starting to grow on me. Of course it could be better, but it could have been much worse. Most fans I've talked to love the new look and the players seem to be on board. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

I wish they would have made the orange a bit darker and use a helmet finish similar to Oregon State. To be honest the photos of the reveal make it look like the same orange they used last season. The pants and drop shadows could take some time to get used to, but I'm pretty satisfied.

The more I see of these new Browns uniforms, the more convinced I am that the orange jersey will be the primary home jersey. There's just too much orange everywhere for me to think they would stick with brown. I think with this set, the orange jersey, white pants combo looks the best.

Originally I hated the idea of an orange primary jersey. But after seeing the entire set, it might be the best option.

How much I hate to admit this, but I believe you are right. The Brown jersey (beside the orange numbers) looks good from a distance, but I would never buy one with that horrible orange stitching.

spacer.png

I am shocked, but most of the reaction I've heard from people in my every day life has been overwhelmingly positive. Even one of the sports radio hosts here commented on them and said how cool they were.

I'm in the camp that things that these are a disaster - a horrible blending of traditional (helmet), modern (fonts, sleeve stripes), and stupid (contrast stitching, pants wordmark, rise shadow, SUPER BIG WORDMARK BECAUSE CLEVELAND, etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am shocked, but most of the reaction I've heard from people in my every day life has been overwhelmingly positive. Even one of the sports radio hosts here commented on them and said how cool they were.

I heard Josh Innes and Tony Bruno talking about it. I was shocked to hear that they like them.

temp041415-reveal-03--nfl_mezz_1280_1024

[snipped for photo]

To quote C. Montgomery Burns, "I know what I hate, and I don't hate these." I'd replace the #BrownsDownTheLeg with the classic stripe in a heartbeat and then remove the orange stitching on the brown uniforms (and thus improve the set ten-, if not one hundred-fold). That said, I like the striping on the jerseys and how they're now largely unified across the set as well as the extension (though it should be extended to the collar). I'm also quite fond of "Cleveland" being above the numbers (reminds me of Utah State in that fashion), which isn't a bad idea for a team with no helmet logo (again, "Browns" on the leg should go this instant if not be shortened significantly). I can take or leave the orange numbers on the brown and white uniform, and I don't mind the helmet stripe texture (you hardly notice it), but I find the rest of the set palatable.

TL;DR, Above the thigh is a solid B+ (A-/A without the orange stitching), but the leg script drops it to a C. Could be considerably better, but could be far, far worse.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived