New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Also, as much as people fellated Nike about these matte fabrics allowing richer colors which aren't washed out by shininess

Wait, did people actually say that? Because Nike's matte fabrics make colors appear far more washed out.

Matte fabrics don't make the colors washed out. The perfect example is the Eagles.

Shiny

folesslideshow.jpg

Matte

trent-cole-nfl-tennessee-titans-philadel

I used to despise the Eagles midnight green. Thought it was so hideous looking. But it actually looks decent on the Nike matte fabric.

I think most of the colors look better on matte other than one's who were meant to be shiny and got ruined (every team with gold or silver comes to mind).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, as much as people fellated Nike about these matte fabrics allowing richer colors which aren't washed out by shininess

Wait, did people actually say that? Because Nike's matte fabrics make colors appear far more washed out.

Matte fabrics don't make the colors washed out. The perfect example is the Eagles.

Shiny

folesslideshow.jpg

Matte

I think the top one looks far superior to the bottom one.
I guess that means you prefer burnt bread to toast
Or he prefers colours as they were intended. The Eagles' midnight was designed with shimmer fabric in mind. Nike struggled reproducing it in their matte fabric, and it shows. Whether you prefer it in matte or not is a matter of opinion*, but it's clear that it had to be altered by Nike.

*Nike fanboys need to stop assuming Nike's "superiority" is an accepted fact.

I'll take the one on the bottom 10/10 times, and not because it's Nike.

Umm... I hope everybody realizes that the reason the bottom one looks so much brighter is due as much to the lighting conditions in each photo, as it is to Nike's "magic-matte" fabric.

I'm willing to bet I could hand pick a few photos from each version that would make the shiny one look more pretty, if that's the game.

So, enough Phillyjack... can we get back to bashing the Browns' hilarious new pants?

You guys can engage in metaphoric hysteria all you want, but I love that word mark on the pants.

There. I said it.

The Eagles don't have a wordmark on the pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Shiny

folesslideshow.jpg

Matte

I think the top one looks far superior to the bottom one.
I guess that means you prefer burnt bread to toast
Or he prefers colours as they were intended. The Eagles' midnight was designed with shimmer fabric in mind. Nike struggled reproducing it in their matte fabric, and it shows. Whether you prefer it in matte or not is a matter of opinion*, but it's clear that it had to be altered by Nike.

*Nike fanboys need to stop assuming Nike's "superiority" is an accepted fact.

I'll take the one on the bottom 10/10 times, and not because it's Nike.

Umm... I hope everybody realizes that the reason the bottom one looks so much brighter is due as much to the lighting conditions in each photo, as it is to Nike's "magic-matte" fabric.

I'm willing to bet I could hand pick a few photos from each version that would make the shiny one look more pretty, if that's the game.

This picture is a much more fair comparison. The conditions are the same in this photo as they are in the Nike photo. Sunny day ~2pm.

nick-foles1.jpg

I'll take the shimmer fabric in the Eagles' case. I prefer the matte fabric for some other teams though, like the Browns for example*.

*gets in requisite statement about the Browns in a Browns thread.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Damn, they went and made me actually kinda like these. They look pretty decent in action if I'm being honest.

I didnt hate them to begin with, but a couple things ruined the look for me overall (ex: wordmark stripe on the pants). I still hate those, and a full stripe would make these amazing. That being said I don't think they look bad as is anymore.

Now that I've seen these in action I think they're awful and a big downgrade from what they had. All they had to do was tweak the old set by adding striping to their brown pants and they would have been fine.

I like the white jersey/white pants more than the white jersey/brown pants.. looks nice, like a modern version of their classic all white road look, and the "browns" wordmark isn't as bad on the field as i thought it'd be.

My father once told me "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." I'll let you guys interpret that, as that is how I feel about the Browns new uniforms.

You must be very young because that's not only a very old cliché, but it is used very frequently.

As Bills fans we had to got thru the same thing in 2002 and tolerate it for those 9 years to come when the Bills wore those terrible navy blue uniforms with royal blue numbers, shoulder yokes, and even added nickel to the color scheme. Then they snuck in the monochrome navy a short time later. Thank goodness we went back to our more traditional look with royal blue and the helmet reverted back to white in 2011.

My sympathies go out to you and other Browns fan who will have to endure those uniforms for the next 5 years, as they're just awful, and what's a bigger shame is that it's happening to such a storied and traditional club like the Browns who've been around since 1946 in the old AAFC, Their only big addition over those 65 years was the addition of the orange pants during the Brian Sipe years in the 80s, otherwise they've pretty much stuck to tradition.

Perhaps we'll see the brown jerseys / white pants next week Thursday on ESPN when they play Buffalo. Why they needed to put 'CLEVELAND' is such jumbo fonts as the jersey word-mark I'll never know. I think any football fan knows what the Browns look like, even after undergoing this massive change.

Yes, I'm young, however, I think that saying is an oldie but a goodie, even if it is a bit cliche. I just don't get how they were even allowed to make such significant changes. I thought their old uniforms reached the Montreal Canadiens level of having an iconic look that would be considered sacrilege for changing. Guess not.

Cross-posting from the week by week matchups thread.

Dear God the Browns look bad. The pants and socks matching, brown pants with an orange helmet, and the fact that the orange numbers stick out and make the pants look like they are from an entirely different uniform.

Whoever looked at this combination and said "This makes our team look good and deserves to be worn on a football field" needs to be fired ASAP.

Archived