New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I don't think there is any question that some sort of gray/silver is going to be added to the color scheme. Nike has been pushing the "anthracite" colors for a few years now. The gray has already looked good with numerous other teams with orange and a dark brown/black color (Oklahoma State, Oregon State).

I just hope the uniforms match. I don't want to see orange helmet with white shirt and brown pants... and then an orange helmet with brown shirt and orange pants. I like when uniforms have consistency and unity. I doubt we will see that, though.

As for the discussion of the orange helmet with white shirt, white pants, and white socks... I agree, it looks bad. But I think that is mostly due to a boring shade of orange. If they team moved to a brighter, more candy, popping orange, I think the uniforms would look a lot better... not great... but better.

I don't think Oregon State wears gray. Nike gave them black, orange, and gold (SF Giants-esque). Could be wrong.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there is any question that some sort of gray/silver is going to be added to the color scheme. Nike has been pushing the "anthracite" colors for a few years now. The gray has already looked good with numerous other teams with orange and a dark brown/black color (Oklahoma State, Oregon State).

I just hope the uniforms match. I don't want to see orange helmet with white shirt and brown pants... and then an orange helmet with brown shirt and orange pants. I like when uniforms have consistency and unity. I doubt we will see that, though.

As for the discussion of the orange helmet with white shirt, white pants, and white socks... I agree, it looks bad. But I think that is mostly due to a boring shade of orange. If they team moved to a brighter, more candy, popping orange, I think the uniforms would look a lot better... not great... but better.

I don't think Oregon State wears gray. Nike gave them black, orange, and gold (SF Giants-esque). Could be wrong.

That's correct.

IMG_7491_large.jpg

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Personally, I wouldn't mind of the Browns used a dog as their mascot, even with the disconnect from the name. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single American professional sports team that uses a dog as a mascot, and that's really strange considering how popular dogs are and how many teams use animal mascots. They would not only have an extremely unique color as their main selling point, they would also have an extremely popular animal as a mascot that is surprisingly unique in pro sports.

It's be an interesting direction to go, but I can't say that having something like a chocolate lab as a mascot would really be a bad idea. I mean, really. What red blooded American doesn't love dogs?

F8B604DB-2721-4B58-B1EE-482420782FA8_zps

If you ask me, that's a WAY more bad ass mascot to have than, like, a swordfish, sheep, or a Buffalo.

UOIT (a university in Ontario) use a logo that looks similar to that dog. Their name is the Ridgebacks.

xpwoged690k6t3fn51uke828x.gif

dmLjRd9.jpg

Browns warm-up gear is orange and silver. Sign of things to come? IIRC, Denver had navy blue sideline apparel the year before they switched to the navy uniforms.

I like those 2 orange stripes on the brown shorts. I bet we see this pattern on their 2015 brown pants if they return.

You might be on to something here...

Nike recently started producing shorts whose stripes mimic a team's uniform pants striping, right? Could this be a sneak peak at the Browns' future pants?

Here are the Bengals' shorts from camp this year:

1EOVEkP.jpg

And the Jaguars.

G1IEly7.jpg

That's correct.

IMG_7491_large.jpg

You guys are right, its more of a copper/golden color. I guess I was trying to say that the right color of orange plays well with a more neutral color, like gray/gold/copper etc. when the third color is a darker tone like black/brown. I am just anticipating seeing some sort of new color injected in to these uniforms, a part from different shades of orange and brown that they are currently wearing.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

That's correct.

IMG_7491_large.jpg

You guys are right, its more of a copper/golden color. I guess I was trying to say that the right color of orange plays well with a more neutral color, like gray/gold/copper etc. when the third color is a darker tone like black/brown. I am just anticipating seeing some sort of new color injected in to these uniforms, a part from different shades of orange and brown that they are currently wearing.

Could see like a metallic "rust" color...tie into the whole rust belt thing

That's correct.

IMG_7491_large.jpg

I'm sure Nike would come up with some charming name for it too... Rust: a reddish- or yellowish-brown flaky coating of iron oxide that is formed on iron or steel by oxidation, especially in the presence of moisture.

Nike: "Cleveland's new uniforms shed the monicker of a Rust Belt City with the infusion of silver, polishing off the rust, to display strong, proud iron. No longer will Cleveland be known as the Mistake on the Lake... but The Lock Down on the Lake."

...or some other BS that Nike thinks is so witty and clever.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

That's correct.

IMG_7491_large.jpg

I'm sure Nike would come up with some charming name for it too... Rust: a reddish- or yellowish-brown flaky coating of iron oxide that is formed on iron or steel by oxidation, especially in the presence of moisture.

Nike: "Cleveland's new uniforms shed the monicker of a Rust Belt City with the infusion of silver, polishing off the rust, to display strong, proud iron. No longer will Cleveland be known as the Mistake on the Lake... but The Lock Down on the Lake."

...or some other BS that Nike thinks is so witty and clever.

The whole city of Pittsburgh would laugh if Nike tried to incorporate "rust" or "steel" into the Browns' color palette. When Cleveland's major rival already has the whole steel theme, it's probably not best to be known as "rust".

From Wikipedia: In music, literature, and art, rust is associated with images of faded glory, neglect, decay, and ruin.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

dmLjRd9.jpg

Browns warm-up gear is orange and silver. Sign of things to come? IIRC, Denver had navy blue sideline apparel the year before they switched to the navy uniforms.

I like those 2 orange stripes on the brown shorts. I bet we see this pattern on their 2015 brown pants if they return.

You might be on to something here...

Nike recently started producing shorts whose stripes mimic a team's uniform pants striping, right? Could this be a sneak peak at the Browns' future pants?

Here are the Bengals' shorts from camp this year:

1EOVEkP.jpg

And the Jaguars.

G1IEly7.jpg

I think they just took the stripe from the white pants and put them on the brown shorts....

GORDON.jpg

That's correct.

IMG_7491_large.jpg

I'm watching the Browns game right now, and these uniforms are hideous. White jerseys and white pants just do not work with the helmet, especially with the long white socks. They really need to have orange pants, or maybe brown. I hope we don't see another all white look in future years, but I'm almost positive we will.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I'm watching the Browns game right now, and these uniforms are hideous. White jerseys and white pants just do not work with the helmet, especially with the long white socks. They really need to have orange pants, or maybe brown. I hope we don't see another all white look in future years, but I'm almost positive we will.

I think the shade of orange just needs to be updated. Its such a dull color. Look at teams like Oregon State and Oklahoma State look fine with all white uniforms and orange accents... but they have bold versions of orange. The Browns' orange looks like it comes from a shirt in the 1980s and has been washed 200 times since then.

The uniforms need an update though. They are so stale and just... old.

Archived