New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns field looks like they are using the Cav's jersey script. Check the endzone that reads "cleveland" and tell me that isnt the same font as the Cavs jerseys

Ok. It's close, but it's not the same. The C, A, N, and S are noticeably different (crude joke in there somewhere..........)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Both the Cavs and Browns marketing teams have been using the Franchise font a lot. But the official Cavs font is slightly different and not as narrow.

I still think something similar to Oregon State's new font would be perfect. It's traditional enough but with a modern twist.

I'm watching the Browns game right now, and these uniforms are hideous. White jerseys and white pants just do not work with the helmet, especially with the long white socks. They really need to have orange pants, or maybe brown. I hope we don't see another all white look in future years, but I'm almost positive we will.

I couldn't disagree with you more here. Orange/White/White is our best look. Super clean. There are only three things that could make that look even better.

1. Returning to the original burnt orange instead of the bright orange.

2. Removing the stripes from the jersey sleeves and putting them on an undershirt. Gotta make that undershirt mandatory, too.

3. Inverting the pants stripe from orange/brown/orange to brown/orange/brown.

Oh, and the brown pants need to be thrown into Lake Erie and never mentioned again. Orange pants are fine.

I'm watching the Browns game right now, and these uniforms are hideous. White jerseys and white pants just do not work with the helmet, especially with the long white socks. They really need to have orange pants, or maybe brown. I hope we don't see another all white look in future years, but I'm almost positive we will.

I couldn't disagree with you more here. Orange/White/White is our best look. Super clean. There are only three things that could make that look even better.

2. Removing the stripes from the jersey sleeves and putting them on an undershirt. Gotta make that undershirt mandatory, too.

Oh, and the brown pants need to be thrown into Lake Erie and never mentioned again. Orange pants are fine.

I dont think there is 1 point that I FULLY agree with here.

1) The orange needs to be udpated (not reverted) to a modern orange like OKST or OSU.

2) The undershirt is a terrible idea... it never looks good and not many players abide by it. That's why it barely lasted a year in college.

3) Inverting the pants stripe MIGHT help.

4) But the brown pants should be introduced with the white jersey, but stripes need to be added.

They need more contrast in their uniforms. The white sock with white pants isn't a good look... just like the brown socks with the brown pants isnt a good look.

1) I don't think the Browns ever used burnt orange. The Bears use burnt orange, and the Browns' helmets were always brighter.

2) That's a terrible idea because they would never force the players to wear them. Teams can't even force players to wear team-issue socks, and they can barely be bothered to put on jerseys. Plus, the striped undershirt is one of those things that might look decent in a drawing, but it won't in practice.

3) Hell no. They already did that, when they messed up their uniforms circa 2003. That was when they brought back orange pants and also introduced a second set of white pants, with white stripes between the brown and orange. It didn't look right for them. In general, teams use the darker stripes on the outside. However, the Browns were different that way. When they wore those pants, it looked like they we wearing the Bears' pants from a distance. They need to stick with what's worked for them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

1) I don't think the Browns ever used burnt orange. The Bears use burnt orange, and the Browns' helmets were always brighter.

The Browns listed their official colors are Seal Brown, BURNT Orange and White from 1946 through 1978. From what I've been able to gather, they used a darker, more brownish-Orange until 1954 or so. And yes, the Bears and Browns used the same shade of Orange for a number of seasons; it wasn't until 1997 that they split off.

Ironically - in spot color terms - the Browns and Bengals have used the same shade of Orange for YEARS...where they differ, is in the fabric matching, as well as in the CMYK breakdowns (which are curiously different). Not sure why that is the case.

Here's an example of the Browns using Burnt Orange - I'm not sure how many of you know that this is an official secondary mark of the Browns, but it has been since 2006:

ClevelandBrowns_VSM0100a_2010-9999_SCC_S

There are many variations of this mark (type and script in Burnt Orange, trimmed in Brown is one example), but it is official. It's considered a "Vintage" secondary mark.

I stand corrected. I was just going off of what I'd seen on tape, going back to the '80s or so. And we know Mitchell and Ness is far from flawless, but Jim Brown throwbacks I've seen appear to use roughly their current shade of orange.

Just to give you another point of reference-

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

I stand corrected. I was just going off of what I'd seen on tape, going back to the '80s or so. And we know Mitchell and Ness is far from flawless, but Jim Brown throwbacks I've seen appear to use roughly their current shade of orange.

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

Two things - Old-school Falcons in red in the background, and HOW EFFING BEAUTIFUL ARE THOSE ORANGE PANTS!?!?

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

Two things - Old-school Falcons in red in the background, and HOW EFFING BEAUTIFUL ARE THOSE ORANGE PANTS!?!?

and those white facemasks...

spacer.png

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

trolololololol

Gray facemask is the way to go with the Browns. No questions asked.

Let's get ready to rumble...

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

trolololololol

I love the grey facemasks for the Browns and I loathe the orange pants.

*heel turn*

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

trolololololol

*heel turn*

I not only love the orange pants AND the grey facemask, but I also think they MUST include the classic stripes somewhere on the sleeves similar to what the Bears did.

*eye gouge*

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

trolololololol

*heel turn*

I not only love the orange pants AND the grey facemask, but I also think they MUST include the classic stripes somewhere on the sleeves similar to what the Bears did.

*eye gouge*

I'm OK with the orange pants, but I think a pair of brown pants with an orange/white/orange stripe (and worn with the white socks, of course) would be even better.

And the gray mask on the orange helmet is beautiful. (Elbow drop)

I new stable is forming... and we got 2 words for ya!

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

2682853.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SL1500_.jpg

That is the very best the Browns have ever or will ever look.

Archived