New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For as much as Nike hacked up the Yucks and Jaguars, they really hit it out of the park with the Vikings.

What I wouldn't do for a Vikings-type do-over for the Bucs.

LOL Agreed!

Simple, clean, neat, a stripe here or there, nothing else needed.

That's what the Bears currently have. No do-over is needed.

For as much as Nike hacked up the Yucks and Jaguars, they really hit it out of the park with the Vikings.

LOL Agreed!

I'd say it's what the Browns have too. They don't need a do-over. Just dump the brown pants for (maybe) the old orange ones and they're set.

What's actually going to happen, though...

I'd start with this simplistic idea:

Home:

Orange/Brown/Orange.

Road:

Orange/White/Orange. Once in awhile, white or brown pants. Rarely though.

Regarding the stripes/piping/flair, etc.hmmm I'd keep it to a minimum, with simple shoulder/sleeve stripes.

Helmets:

Would love to see something on those hats. Anything! Just an Orange helmet, uggghhhh, change it. See if it works. If it doesn't, they can always go back. We would all understand. LOL

I'd start with this simplistic idea:

Home:

Orange/Brown/Orange.

Road:

Orange/White/Orange. Once in awhile, white or brown pants. Rarely though.

Regarding the stripes/piping/flair, etc.hmmm I'd keep it to a minimum, with simple shoulder/sleeve stripes.

Helmets:

Would love to see something on those hats. Anything! Just an Orange helmet, uggghhhh, change it. See if it works. If it doesn't, they can always go back. We would all understand. LOL

There's really only one thing I wouldn't mind seeing on the Browns' helmets...numbers, not unlike you see with Alabama. That and/or fatter-than-usual stripes ala Ohio State's rivalry series (from a few years back?). But nothing more than that.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

LOL Agreed!

I'd say it's what the Browns have too. They don't need a do-over. Just dump the brown pants for (maybe) the old orange ones and they're set.

What's actually going to happen, though...

I'd bring back the orange pants, and would maybe keep the brown pants so long as they have corresponding stripes.

I'll also say this concerning the news that there will be 3 jerseys and 2 pants: It's somewhat encouraging in that it may show some sign of restraint (as opposed to, say, 4 pairs of pants, if the league still allows that many). On the other hand it gives them a chance to leave out the best color options [i.e., Rams, Redsk*ns (I'll just call them the Braves, OK), Titans (No more light blue?)]. I hope I'm wrong but I have a gut feeling the pant colors are going to be gray and brown. Maybe 3-4 pant options (white, orange, brown or gray) wouldn't be such a bad idea, now would it?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Put me down for Browns in orange pants every game, every week, every location, every season. Occasional white pants would be okay, but PLEASE no more brown pants.

I think I'm the only person who liked the orange/white/orange look from the Couch / Holcomb years with the shiny orange pants. Better than the matte orange/brown/orange look from the Sipe era.

Put me down for Browns in orange pants every game, every week, every location, every season. Occasional white pants would be okay, but PLEASE no more brown pants.

I think I'm the only person who liked the orange/white/orange look from the Couch / Holcomb years with the shiny orange pants. Better than the matte orange/brown/orange look from the Sipe era.

I'll take the Sipe or Couch era anyday over those horrid brown pants.

spacer.png

I know nike has used different inspirations for NCAA schools (WVa, Washington,) I'm watching the vikings and their sail inspired numbers and sleeve stripes and I wonder what Nike is using for the Browns and their numbers? Or will they stay basic?

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I know nike has used different inspirations for NCAA schools (WVa, Washington,) I'm watching the vikings and their sail inspired numbers and sleeve stripes and I wonder what Nike is using for the Browns and their numbers? Or will they stay basic?

I assume Nike will create some kind of unique font for the Browns.

There will probably be some dumb made up "Cleveland" font or "Browns" font.

JMIhZEv.pngTM

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm putting the over/under on the uniform leak at Christmas....who's taking what?

But of those six "focus group helmets", I personally liked the one where the orange sort of "revealed" into a brown at the bottom... no stripes needed.

And put me down for thinking brown as the primary color simply to match the name. Brown with white pants at home. White with brown pants on the road. Orange numbers outlined in the opposite of the jersey color (white outline on the brown jersey, brown outline on the white jersey). Pants stripe to match the number (orange center stripe, color stripe opposite the primary pants color).

Facemask to match the helmet color.

Boom! done.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I always liked that look!

They should go back to it, like Dave Logan here.

Archived