New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By changing the colors, NIKE can more easily assure the colors match on every part of the uniform, and that the jerseys won't have Jets-like mismatching of Greens on the different fabrics.

The Jets could avoid this mismatch by going to the old pre-Nike template. The Jets and Packers use the same shade of green, but the Packers' uniforms match.

Also Nike can't go a single press release without blowing themselves for their supposed "innovation." It's not too much to ask that they manage to match a single a shade of green across a uniform.

By changing the colors, NIKE can more easily assure the colors match on every part of the uniform, and that the jerseys won't have Jets-like mismatching of Greens on the different fabrics.

The Jets could avoid this mismatch by going to the old pre-Nike template. The Jets and Packers use the same shade of green, but the Packers' uniforms match.

Also Nike can't go a single press release without blowing themselves for their supposed "innovation." It's not too much to ask that they manage to match a single a shade of green across a uniform.

Is it possible the jets preferred the feel/fit/comfort of the new nike materials?

Is Nike suppose to say "well our technology doesn't really help out, tbh the team we're outfitting would be better in the old reebok materials, idk why this team chose out technology.."

I'm jealous that Nike has that talent. I've often wondered if I'd actually do it if I could. I have to think that it'd happen at least once - or more, at least until the first time I mistimed the ending.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it possible the jets preferred the feel/fit/comfort of the new nike materials?

Is Nike suppose to say "well our technology doesn't really help out, tbh the team we're outfitting would be better in the old reebok materials, idk why this team chose out technology.."

How about Nike just figure out a way to produce the correct colors in their current materials? Seriously, why is that so hard? Why should a team have to choose between having consistent colors or having a uniform made of (what the leading manufacturer claims is) the best materials?

How about Nike just figure out a way to produce the correct colors in their current materials? Seriously, why is that so hard? Why should a team have to choose between having consistent colors or having a uniform made of (what the leading manufacturer claims is) the best materials?

I don't think this needs to be revisited yet again. They designed their jersey template based on the rationale that performance, comfort and exceed the fact that several colors do not look good aesthetically. It has nothing to do with color matching, it's the fabric.

U. of Tennessee Orange ('cause...well, just 'cause):

PMS_151_C_SRGB.png

My guesstimate purely based on Pilot Flying J being HQ'd in Knoxville....and the purely circumstancial assumption that color might've grown on Haslam.

I certainly do hope for the darker, more "autumny" orange, though...I've always liked how the Browns' colors seem to kinda clash with each other.

Haslam's alma mater is Tennessee, for anyone who isn't aware.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm shocked at how many people really hate the Bucs' designs. I get it, they aren't the best, but they in concept aren't bad. They just need some tweaks done to them.

Here's an old example I made up, changing up the paneling on the shoulders. Looks a LOT better like this.

NDQocwp.jpg

Scale the helmet logo down, and make the "time clock" numbers connected, and these jerseys are prime.

I am cautiously optimistic with the Browns rebrand. I don't think Nike would even butcher one of the more legendary franchises. The Seahawks, Bucs, and Jaguars don't have the same history and tradition as the Browns. I am hoping the subtle changes i.e. colors, textures are noticeable, yet subtle. I think Jimmy Haslem and the Browns Front Office have an understanding of what the city and fan base expect. I definitely think there are going to be 1 or 2 aspects of the uniform that are atrocious but like I said, I am cautiously optimistic... hell, that's all we CAN be in the city is cautiously optimistic.

I don't think this needs to be revisited yet again. They designed their jersey template based on the rationale that performance, comfort and exceed the fact that several colors do not look good aesthetically. It has nothing to do with color matching, it's the fabric.

This is truly what they feel. And completely wrong. The MOST important thing about designing a uniform is how it looks. They've been playing NFL football for 95 years. Teams managed back in the wool and durene days. They don't need the newest Nike technology, no matter how much lighter it is. They would still be allowed to take the field in different, less advanced materials. Team identities have always been hugely important, even more so in the days of billion dollar merchandising. It's completely unacceptable that Nike would even go to a team with something as awful as the Jets' three greens and act like it was passable. And once again, shame on the Jets for being dumb enough to look at that piece of crap jersey and say it was acceptable. But it's like Nike is the swindler selling a senile old man reverse mortgage. Sure, the man should have known better, but we know who the villain is here.

No, it's not more important that the players get a microscopic bit of additional comfort at the expense of the team's actual colors. If that were the case, you might as well just start putting teams in gray because... OH MY GOD Nike, you evil bastards.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Jets' green has been killed by this new uniform and I'm not just talking about the different colors caused by the sweat boxes, though that is a problem. Their green is this gross, muted, almost military green that looks nothing like the rich vibrant green they wore when they first switched back to the Super Bowl 3 uniforms.

Look at Curtis

curtism.jpg

now look at Geno

Geno-Smith.jpg

That's not an insignificant difference and it shouldn't be acceptable for the Jets or for Nike.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The example you posted is with good lighting - most of the time it looks like this mess - "50 Shades Of Green"

Geno-Smith4.jpg

And can someone tell me WHY they couldn't make the stripe connect like it did in the above CM photo? Instead you get that awkward corner sticking out.

This is truly what they feel. And completely wrong. The MOST important thing about designing a uniform is how it looks. They've been playing NFL football for 95 years. Teams managed back in the wool and durene days. They don't need the newest Nike technology, no matter how much lighter it is. They would still be allowed to take the field in different, less advanced materials. Team identities have always been hugely important, even more so in the days of billion dollar merchandising. It's completely unacceptable that Nike would even go to a team with something as awful as the Jets' three greens and act like it was passable. And once again, shame on the Jets for being dumb enough to look at that piece of crap jersey and say it was acceptable. But it's like Nike is the swindler selling a senile old man reverse mortgage. Sure, the man should have known better, but we know who the villain is here.

No, it's not more important that the players get a microscopic bit of additional comfort at the expense of the team's actual colors. If that were the case, you might as well just start putting teams in gray because... OH MY GOD Nike, you evil bastards.

Also keep in mind that it's only the player issued/on field product that looks that bad. The retail product is much more palatable as they aren't using the same construction nor are fans sweating through their replicas on a regular basis.

I get that you think the contracted vendor (nike) should be offering the jets and packers etc. a perfect color match and if they can't they should go on an endless quest to make the perfect product but big business simply does not work that way. In nike's eyes they offer a forest green dri-fit/elite 51/speed machine that's acceptable to several large clients (oregon/baylor etc). Therefore they are going to stick with that shade as their forest green as long as they use these particular fabrics and templates.

As a vendor they obviously believe in their product and have enough satisfied clients to justify their decisions. Also as a vendor your product will never meet the needs of 100% of your clients' needs unless you are a 100% custom make to order/customer spec type of business. Nike is not that business, they made products to cover 90% of their clients' needs and if they can't meet the remaining 10% they gave them an alternative to keep sourcing from a legacy supplier. The jets opted to go with good enough like oregon etc. while the packers did not. This is how modern business is done and the jets won't improve their look unless there's a new template with a forest new green fabric or if they go back to the ripon sourced jerseys with the older nylon/spandex fabrics.

The Jets' green has been killed by this new uniform and I'm not just talking about the different colors caused by the sweat boxes, though that is a problem. Their green is this gross, muted, almost military green that looks nothing like the rich vibrant green they wore when they first switched back to the Super Bowl 3 uniforms.

Look at Curtis

curtism.jpg

now look at Geno

Geno-Smith.jpg

That's not an insignificant difference and it shouldn't be acceptable for the Jets or for Nike.

I think the Jets made a mistake in taking the Packers' green, rather than going back to Kelly green. Even more so seeing as they insist on making black merchandise. Black and forest green don't work together at all, but black and Kelly green look great together. I would love to see the Jets use Nike's ineptitude as an excuse to go back to Kelly green, but I doubt that happens. You are correct that their forest green looked so, so much better before Nike got their hands on it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived