New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

didn't the Panthers pull off a pretty good wrap-around stripe (albeit tapered) pretty recently? Would the Colts or Jets really look that much different with tapered striping?

hi-res-181799789-cam-newton-of-the-carol

yeah the Colts and Jets could make this happen, they just choose not to.

Stop telling me it can't happen on a modern template because it can. Even the tighter cuts on Panthers like Jonathan Stewart would look better on the Jets and Colts.

Here's a picture of him playing the Jets so you can see the improvement.

120904_stewart_inside.jpg

I think the Jets look better here. The Carolina stripes are pulling and look odd to me. Of course, they are not as bad as UCLA/Adidas, but I think the Colts/Jets have it right.

Of course, the LSU stripes look marginally better, but they also just land in the middle of nowhere and make no sense, aesthetically.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like I'm in the minority, but I prefer the Colts' striping template over the LSU/Ole Miss. To me, there just isn't enough room on a modern template for the full wraparound stripe, so when it is put there, it just looks cramped and forced. I think the Colts' stripes could definitely be elongated, but they look much better because they look natural in the template.

I agree with this myself I am doing a little bit of a NFL my way project I hope I can come up with a good solution on the Colts & Jets.

didn't the Panthers pull off a pretty good wrap-around stripe (albeit tapered) pretty recently? Would the Colts or Jets really look that much different with tapered striping?

Stop telling me it can't happen on a modern template because it can. Even the tighter cuts on Panthers like Jonathan Stewart would look better on the Jets and Colts.

I think the Jets look better here. The Carolina stripes are pulling and look odd to me. Of course, they are not as bad as UCLA/Adidas, but I think the Colts/Jets have it right.

Of course, the LSU stripes look marginally better, but they also just land in the middle of nowhere and make no sense, aesthetically.

That's an opinion you're allowed to have, but that makes no sense to me. The Jets' and Colts stripes also stop in the middle of nowhere, but unlike LSU that middle of nowhere is the tops of the shoulders, which looks worse because it's farther away from what the goal of the UCLA-style shoulder striping is supposed to do. The Jets's stripes are supposed to be a green stripe flanked by a white one that butts up against the green sleeve. They're not supposed to have that odd notch created by the green-white-green insert. It's supposed to be flush with the green sleeve because that's what Namath wore, that's what Testaverde, hell, that's what Favre wore.

The Colts/Jets don't have it right. If they had it right they would look like this:

marshall_faulk_330.jpg

to each their own, but sheeesh

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Colts/Jets don't have it right. If they had it right they would look like this:

(includes facemasks)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

marshall_faulk_330.jpg

(includes facemasks)

And just because....why not? - I've always felt that the Colts looked better with white cleats (but that's probably because that's the uniform with which I grew up). That's a whole different discussion, though.

zHaTsQK.jpg

The shoulder stripe on the 2 panthers jerseys looks completely different. I'd consider that level of inconsistency a design flaw.

The shoulder stripe on the 2 panthers jerseys looks completely different. I'd consider that level of inconsistency a design flaw.

Yeah I think the panthers stripe looks terrible there. Keep in mind the colts and jets also need to fit a number on the sleeve which if I'm not mistaken takes up more space than a logo.

I think the colts and jets would look better with the LSU/ole miss stripes.

Oh and the colts are another team with a tweaked template. So Nike CAN adjust their templates if need be.

The Panthers cur esch jersey yo the players wants. That means you'll have different looks on the shoulders.

Correct and it looks terrible. That was the biggest flaw with reebok/ripon was that they simply offered too many templates that would cause way too much variance among jersey designs. I remember the bengals looking absolutely horrible at the end of the reebok contract. Love them or hate them nike has definitely unified the on field look across players by having only 3 jersey templates for each team with only small variations in the sleeve area, the torso and shoulder construction are all the same.

Why hasn't a MOD come on and cleaned this up?

There was actually some details on the new uniforms that came out, and it got clogged up with the same old discussions about Nike's shades of green and sleeve stripes.

Stop whining it's nothing more than a long overdue reverse-clevejack. Let it run its course.

Why hasn't a MOD come on and cleaned this up?

There was actually some details on the new uniforms that came out, and it got clogged up with the same old discussions about Nike's shades of green and sleeve stripes.

At this point everything has been talked about. There's really not much to post about re: new Browns unis until they've been leaked or unveiled. As speculation with the current material we have has been exhausted the thread was either going to die or veer off into another direction. The latter happened. I see no need to clean anything up as I am sure that the discussion will come back to the Browns when we get new information.

Would like to see the Browns add some kind of helmet logo in any new look. if you're going to break from tradition make a clean break. Don't pull a Cardinals and keep your old helmet (with a slightly updated logo) on a completely new and modern uniform template.

I disagree. You don't need a helmet logo to have a successful package. The Eagles don't really have a marketable helmet logo - the wings really aren't used anywhere else in their package or on any merch. What the Browns do need is a clearly defined primary logo that they can put on caps, shirts, maybe under the collar, and on the field.

I think we're past the days of the helmets being considered team logos (not saying that's a good thing) so I think that them remaining logoless kind of keeps their "thing" in tact, while creating opportunities for a logo that can be used elsewhere.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't pull a Cardinals and keep your old helmet (with a slightly updated logo) on a completely new and modern uniform template.

I keep hearing this...personally, I think it was more than a slightly updated logo:

ArizonaCardinals_HRS0100a_Compare.png

In the grand scheme of things, with the drastic overhauls that most teams undergo, that is pretty slight. It's a very good improvement, but it's nothing more than a ren69ing of the original.

p.s.: you've made it at this board when your name becomes a verb

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think if the update can go unnoticed by a large percentage of fans, it qualifies.

That was a huge upgrade in terms of rendering, but I'm not sure that even football fans would have noticed if it hadn't been accompanied by an overall uniform change. Or maybe that change masked the logo update.

Archived