New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

My Predictions for the new Browns uniforms.

• Helmet will be matte orange, but the striping will remain the same and with a white facemask.
  • Just only brown and white jerseys with a possible throwback to the Jim Brown days.
  • There will be no brown pants on the identity and taking their place will be orange pants like the pic below from the 1980's alongside the classic white pants.
  • Uniform design will be similar to the Vikings (classic but with modern touches)
  • Finally, the Browns will be far superior to Tampa and Jacksonvillle's atrocities.

ax057-0e17-9jpg-745246d003c1a48f.jpg

82057-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-0hV

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this pic a few pages back but it's becoming somewhat relevant again

could this be the new logo? I posted this in the thread already but I couldn't help but notice that people are saying the face mask is supposed to be Brown. I saw this while out shopping in December. I haven't seen it since. SxzXARw.jpg

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: Gray face masks. If it looks good with the helmet, who cares if it's a team color? There are no rules for this. If it looks good, it looks good. Period. A gray face mask on a Browns helmet is a much better option than either brown or orange.

BB52Big.jpg

RE: Gray face masks. If it looks good with the helmet, who cares if it's a team color? There are no rules for this. If it looks good, it looks good. Period. A gray face mask on a Browns helmet is a much better option than either brown or orange.

Or white. Gray looks fantastic for the Browns current uniform. If the new one looks like a Nikefied mess, then gray won't work. Maybe clear.

They'll never go for gray I don't think. It's 2015 and Nike. Polished chrome is more likely than a flat gray.

Does Nike have full reign with the helmet, or do they work in unison with the NFL creative dept? Because I know they don't do logos and being that (currently) the Browns logo is their helmet would there be some kind of conflict there?

My guesses, since I'm, well, a goddamn genius when it comes to basically everything:

1. The helmet will be brown with an orange nike swoosh serving as the stripe. Players will be encouraged to customize the rear of the helmet with little chrome bulldog stickers.
  2. The yoke of the uniform will feature a series of random circles that will feature a gradient going from brown to orange to neon green.
  3. One entire shoulder will be orange.
  4. The pants stripe will be replaced with a pattern of tiny elves.
  5. Each official team glove will form the face of Roger Goodell when held together.
  6. An ironic pot leaf will be on the right buttock.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I laughed when I saw that on reddit earlier. For as great of a designer Fraser is, I feel like I can recognize his style instantly now. Not so sure if that's a good thing or not.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I laughed when I saw that on reddit earlier. For as great of a designer Fraser is, I feel like I can recognize his style instantly now. Not so sure if that's a good thing or not.

SBNation rolling out 120+ of his logos at once has a way of doing that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Or white. Gray looks fantastic for the Browns current uniform. If the new one looks like a Nikefied mess, then gray won't work. Maybe clear.

otto_graham_576.jpg

My Predictions for the new Browns uniforms.

• Helmet will be matte orange, but the striping will remain the same and with a white facemask.
  • Just only brown and white jerseys with a possible throwback to the Jim Brown days.
  • There will be no brown pants on the identity and taking their place will be orange pants like the pic below from the 1980's alongside the classic white pants.
  • Uniform design will be similar to the Vikings (classic but with modern touches)
  • Finally, the Browns will be far superior to Tampa and Jacksonvillle's atrocities.

ax057-0e17-9jpg-745246d003c1a48f.jpg

I really wish they'd have orange, brown, and white pants options, and I've feared they'd omit orange in favor of brown as in recent years (or worse, omit both in favor of grey!). But with the Haslam / Tennessee connection and seeming emphasis on orange, you may be right - I hope so.

The Kardiac Kids were before my time and those matte orange pants look terrible to me. But I loved the shinier orange pants they used around 2001.

(Ironically, I thought in the 80's that only the brown/orange combo was used, while in the '00s only white/orange was used. Your image and my first disprove both.)

img6906814.jpg10333338-large.jpg

For those that say a Gray facemask just looks better I would disagree... To me it just looks like it does not belong. I like the white with white pants but I would not mind brown one either especially if the orange pants come back... I know that nothing I want to see will happen... The dog logo that Fraser made looks silly to me with the stripe on the head not a fan of that at all... There is no way that is the real logo right...

For those that say a Gray facemask just looks better I would disagree... To me it just looks like it does not belong. I like the white with white pants but I would not mind brown one either especially if the orange pants come back... I know that nothing I want to see will happen... The dog logo that Fraser made looks silly to me with the stripe on the head not a fan of that at all... There is no way that is the real logo right...

People put too much emphasis on "white matches the uniform" or "white is one of the team colors" and that's all fine and dandy. However, I don't think that is the right way to look at it. The conversation isn't whether or not gray is a team color. The conversation is what is the focal point of the helmet? The focal point of the helmet should be the orange plane with the brown and white stripe... the classic, the iconic, the original, the only one.

When the orange helmet is paired with the gray facemask, the orange shell is the focal point. Gray, by definition, is dull, nondescript, without interest or character. It blends in to the point where you don't really notice it. The white facemask, on the other hand, sticks out like a sore thumb. It immediately focuses your attention on the white facemask because it looks so goofy. You look at the helmet second - which SHOULD be what you notice first and ONLY.

No other team has a bright white facemask mask against a contrasting color helmet. Its the same situation that New England faces. The Patriots facemask should either be gray or navy. The red looks terrible... EVENTHOUGH its a team color.

Again, the conversation isn't about team colors vs non-team colors. The conversation is about what the focal point is:

• Gray facemask, focal point = orange shell
  • White facemask, focal point = white facemask

Archived