New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I post my Browns concept logo?

I like this and the minimalist vibe its got going on. If they were to use this logo, and they obviously won't, I would be happy with it.

I love the concept but the execution could be different.

Make the helmet part a little more abstract and less literal.

Think of the Nordiques igloo as an example. Make the C more of a C. Maybe keep the ear hole, or not - would have to see it both ways. Consider dropping other outlines from the helmet and facemask. Again, would have to see it.

It's a great idea - but could be made even more minimalist.

Thanks. The original goal of the logo was to go totally abstract with the C and the b. The more I tinkered with it the less it looked like anything. Perhaps that's my failing as a designer, but it didn't read as a helmet, it didn't read as a monogram, it just looked like some blobs of orange and brown.

I spent a long time on it before deciding to go more literal with the helmet.

The "b" needs to be brown. Ha ha.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Nobody will convince me a grey facemask will look better than a white or team color facemask. I just don't understand the appeal. Might as well make the whole helmet grey since that's "just a piece of equipment".

The only time I think a grey facemask looked good was on the Eagles, Cowboys, Raiders, Ohio State and teams who actually use a grey or silver in their color scheme. In every other case I think a color is a better option for the facemask. The Browns, Colts, and 49ers all looked better before going back to grey facemasks.

What about a team like the Cardinals who has never changed from grey facemasks since they were the only color available? or a team going back to a uniform from that time (either as a full time look or a throwback)? or do you think this should be in the no tv numbers/no name on back area of "you can't have it even for accuracy's sake"?

The Cardinals kind of blew their ownership to an old school helmet when they adopted Arena league uniforms. The grey looks even more out of place now that they're dressing like 2005 dennisbergan's wetdream. I think they should wear a cardinal red facemask.

Obviously if a team is going to reproduce an accurate throwback then I can give them a pass on a gray facemask. If a team is going to use a throwback fulltime and a gray facemask is a part of that then every other element of the uniform must also be throwback-accurate. This is why I don't like the 49ers and think they'd look better with red. Their sleeves are a mess, they don't have sock stripes, and their pants stripes aren't the beasts they were in the 80's. If you're going to do it, do it all the way.

I'm not a monster, there are exceptions to my grey facemask disdain that I actually enjoy: USC, UCLA, Notre Dame to name a few.

But hearing you guys say the Steelers and Bears should wear grey facemasks I can't shake my head hard enough. That's a really bad idea.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nobody will convince me a grey facemask will look better than a white or team color facemask. I just don't understand the appeal. Might as well make the whole helmet grey since that's "just a piece of equipment".

The only time I think a grey facemask looked good was on the Eagles, Cowboys, Raiders, Ohio State and teams who actually use a grey or silver in their color scheme. In every other case I think a color is a better option for the facemask. The Browns, Colts, and 49ers all looked better before going back to grey facemasks.

What about a team like the Cardinals who has never changed from grey facemasks since they were the only color available? or a team going back to a uniform from that time (either as a full time look or a throwback)? or do you think this should be in the no tv numbers/no name on back area of "you can't have it even for accuracy's sake"?

The Cardinals kind of blew their ownership to an old school helmet when they adopted Arena league uniforms. The grey looks even more out of place now that they're dressing like 2005 dennisbergan's wetdream. I think they should wear a cardinal red facemask.

Obviously if a team is going to reproduce an accurate throwback then I can give them a pass on a gray facemask. If a team is going to use a throwback fulltime and a gray facemask is a part of that then every other element of the uniform must also be throwback-accurate. This is why I don't like the 49ers and think they'd look better with red. Their sleeves are a mess, they don't have sock stripes, and their pants stripes aren't the beasts they were in the 80's. If you're going to do it, do it all the way.

I'm not a monster, there are exceptions to my grey facemask disdain that I actually enjoy: USC, UCLA, Notre Dame to name a few.

But hearing you guys say the Steelers and Bears should wear grey facemasks I can't shake my head hard enough. That's a really bad idea.

I don't fully agree with this (am fine with grey facemasks regardless of reason) but this does make sense. Thanks for the reply!

it's not about "looking good". it's about looking correct. vintage football.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Exactly. Vintage team, vintage uniform, vintage facemask.

Exactly. Vintage team, vintage uniform, vintage facemask.

Yeah, in a way it's like those old-looking metal advertising signs they sell with the fake rust and wear. Sure, they'd "look better" untarnished and brand new, but that's not what they're aiming for.

Here's the new Browns logo! Quite appropriate, I may say.

mr-hankey.jpg

When they wear that awful brown monochrome, I would have to agree. If nothing else, I hope the brown pants are put away and never brought out again.

I'd buy that if they'd never worn anything else, but they have those 30 something years where they wore white facemasks and looked great.

Going back to grey felt like they were jumping on the throwback trend in 2006 and not doing it because of some need to correct their facemask.

PvO6ZWJ.png

just herd from a guy that works at Riddell Darker satin orange brown face mask and some clear design down the middle like the seahawks

The ensuing riot is inevitable. That sounds absolutely hideous for a team with a rich traditional background like the Browns.

Archived