daveindc

New Browns uni coming 2015

Ladies and gentleman, your new Cleveland Browns home jersey...

DSCN0591.jpg

hmmmmmm... I didn't hate that uniform. I liked it for VT. Please don't sue me everyone.

DSCN0591.jpg

hmmmmmm... I didn't hate that uniform. I liked it for VT. Please don't sue me everyone.

I still could see it being something similar to this. Just hopefully not as crazy.

Recent posts that had little - or, nothing - to do with the upcoming unveiling of a new logo and uniforms for the Cleveland Browns have been removed from this thread. In several cases, said posts took needlessly personal swipes at the opinions of others.

Moving forward, please focus discussion on the topic at hand and refrain from making the opinions of other community-members the target of your posts.

As always, be respectful of others and think before you press "Post".

Thank you.

DSCN0591.jpg

I like em too. I don't get the hate. The patten is really clever imo. And I don't mind bfbs because it was a one off pc and I thought the colors looked great on black (only as a one off!).

I could see a brown and orange gradient pattern working for the away numbers and maybe a sleeve graphic. Doesn't mean they will go that route and doesn't mean it would look nice if they went that route but it could if done right.

History lesson: In 1984 the team said "we need to freshen things up. We need to go modern."

ozzie_newsome_1984_09_09.jpg1000x1000.jpg

They released uniforms that were more contemporary for the time, but also didn't look like the Cleveland Browns. In doing so they angered a lot of Fans and by the next season they were wearing their regular uniforms. Obviously times have changed and we're more conditioned as sports fans to accept changes because that's the world we live in, but If you ask me this is a case of history repeating itself.

I don't see how this can not go terribly. I think this is a huge mistake and unfortunately the league has rules in place now they didn't have in 1985. We're going to be stuck with these future disasters for at least five years.

Prove me wrong, Browns/Nike! Prove me wrong.

The reason they didn't keep this look is because the orange-on-brown numbers and letters were impossible to read from the pressbox and on TV. I'll always remember the 1984 season because of the opening loss to Seattle 33-0, with Paul Mcdonald at QB. I think they wore those uniforms during preseason, but switched back to the old uniforms for the regular season.

Incorrect. They changed the numbers on the brown jersey from orange to white with an orange outline, but kept the new striping on the jerseys and pants for the 84 season. So they did wear the uniforms for one season. Browns fans hated the unnecessary change and they were back in their classic look in 1985.

Browns_CM_57.pnghanford-dixon.jpg

Whether they were worn for only four games or twenty games doesn't matter. My point is they've done this once before and it went terribly and there's a precedent here already and they're about to make the same mistake again. And those 84 uniforms weren't even that much of a departure from their classic look. This time it'll be even worse.

History lesson: In 1984 the team said "we need to freshen things up. We need to go modern."

They released uniforms that were more contemporary for the time, but also didn't look like the Cleveland Browns. In doing so they angered a lot of Fans and by the next season they were wearing their regular uniforms. Obviously times have changed and we're more conditioned as sports fans to accept changes because that's the world we live in, but If you ask me this is a case of history repeating itself.

I don't see how this can not go terribly. I think this is a huge mistake and unfortunately the league has rules in place now they didn't have in 1985. We're going to be stuck with these future disasters for at least five years.

The reason they didn't keep this look is because the orange-on-brown numbers and letters were impossible to read from the pressbox and on TV. I'll always remember the 1984 season because of the opening loss to Seattle 33-0, with Paul Mcdonald at QB. I think they wore those uniforms during preseason, but switched back to the old uniforms for the regular season.

Incorrect. They changed the numbers on the brown jersey from orange to white with an orange outline, but kept the new striping on the jerseys and pants for the 84 season. So they did wear the uniforms for one season. Browns fans hated the unnecessary change and they were back in their classic look in 1985.

Whether they were worn for only four games or twenty games doesn't matter. My point is they've done this once before and it went terribly and there's a precedent here already and they're about to make the same mistake again. And those 84 uniforms weren't even that much of a departure from their classic look. This time it'll be even worse.

Ok, I stand corrected: they wore a variant, then, for the whole season. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot about that season I want to remember. They went to the classic uniform the next season at the behest of Marty Schottenheimer, who preferred an old-school look. I admit: I am apprehensive about the uniform change, but it has nothing to do with a decision made by the franchise some 31 years ago.

I like how everyone says now "these are my favorite uniforms in the NFL", "top 5 look", etc. I didn't hear anyone saying that 5 years ago. They probably wouldn't have changed if people were more vocal.

Ok, I stand corrected: they wore a variant, then, for the whole season. Honestly, there isn't a whole lot about that season I want to remember. They went to the classic uniform the next season at the behest of Marty Schottenheimer, who preferred an old-school look. I admit: I am apprehensive about the uniform change, but it has nothing to do with a decision made by the franchise some 31 years ago.

we must study history so we are not doomed to repeat it.

we must study history so we are not doomed to repeat it.

I love that these jerseys were not considered "old school" enough in 1984. :)

Calling it now: Browns are changing their name to the Spiders.

Cleveland Spiders 2015, you heard it here first. :^)

Calling it now: Browns are changing their name to the Spiders.

Cleveland Spiders 2015, you heard it here first. :^)

Calling it now... No they are not.

Gotta go with moving forward with the brand. It's stagnant by now regardless of how long it's been around. The incoming audience (younger fans) deserves something to look forward to, if not a good football team.

I just hope Nike and the Browns don't completely f this up and make me eat my words.

Exactly. No one except those with helmets for heads looks at the Browns of 2015 and sees progress, on the field or off. Just tweak; don't **** it up.

So most are saying the "new" logo is just an updated helmet. Makes sense since they have a helmet outline as a twitter avatar and have been calling it an evolution. If so, it will probably be the worst rebrand attempt ever. But typical Browns.

Going away from single color numbers would be a huge mistake. I'm assuming that the style is changing, but I hope that they don't add a layer.

I also hope the second pants are some variant of orange. If not, then gray.

I do like brown, but think that orange and gray are better for them. Especially if it's a darker (but not charcoal or pewter) gray.

So most are saying the "new" logo is just an updated helmet. Makes sense since they have a helmet outline as a twitter avatar and have been calling it an evolution. If so, it will probably be the worst rebrand attempt ever. But typical Browns.

Whoa whoa whoa, why are we so quick to write this spiders things off? We may have something tangible here.

I'd support spiders 100% for the baseball team. I love "browns" for the football team. It's one of those quirky things that we don't get anymore in this era of merchandising and marketing.

The new Browns logo may have just been leaked at the combine. If the leak is the real thing, the primary logo will be the dog logo with a dumbbell in its mouth.