New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

So if the "logo" sill not be on the helmet or uniform doesn't it imply that it just be using the helmet as the logo.

Really wanted to just ignore the way this is phrased but I can't let it slide. I'm guessing it should read:

So if the "logo" still will not be on the helmet or uniform doesn't it imply that they will just be using the helmet as the logo?

It could mean that. But where did it say the logo won't be on the jersey? It could be on the sleeves, shoulders or front or back like the Jaguars or Cardinals. Just my thoughts. I'd only heard the helmet would not have a logo.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a set of white pants with solid purple stripes and the logo by the hip.

Technically the Giants only wear a slightly altered version of their primary logo.

Howso?

The Giants' primary includes a red outline on the ny.

IMO a helmet logo, like a baseball cap logo, is too simple for a primary logo. I've always wished more NFL teams had more elaborate logos. Interestingly it seems like more existed in the 60s - packers with Wisconsin shape and so forth. A wishbone C doesn't cut it if the reds used it and even the Indians used to...even a g in an oval is shaky if Georgia can recolor and claim it.

Simple logos for the helmet, but a more 'concerted effort' for the primary for PR, merchandise, stadium signage, etc makes more sense.

As a Browns season ticket holder, not sure what to make of the changes. For years, I've hated that NFL Properties uses the helmet logo as the primary for merchandise because it's the 'primary logo' instead of having some ability to substitute. Those $25 walmart jerseys the NFL had looked good, except for the Browns who had freakin' helmets on the shoulders. There's a reason you never saw Browns fans wearing them. It was a preposterous joke.

As for the current uniforms, my biggest issue was the sleeve striping. Mostly because most modern jerseys don't actually have sleeves (except the ones sold to fans), and really wished they'd jump to some shoulder arcs, such as USC Trojans, etc to mitigate that fact.

As for the change, I was hoping they'd go with the Brownie, but after seeing the in-game stylings, the Dawg persona is here to stay (100% Dawg Pound now referencing the entire stadium, rather than the eastern end zone seats, the We Bark Together, the new live dog mascot, etc). So, I figured the official logo will be something Dawg related. Hopefully it turns out better than the last dawg logo they used (I liked it, but being a secondary mark made it unused and almost forgotten by the team).

If I had to guess, it will be some sort of dawghead logo. If they stick with the helmet, in some other manner, I'm not going to be happy with all the hubbub. The problem is, our primary logo changes every so many years anyways. Using the 'helmet as our logo' isn't historical. It's updated with each new variation of helmet, facemask, or coloring used. It's not a logo. Ohio State can have a logo, but their helmet is generally unadorned, except for the buckeye leaf decals for good play.

I hope this will be the end of the helmet as the primary logo.

The new info coming out of this Reddit post makes this sound like it may very well be the most unique and awesome thing in the NFL by a long shot. We'll see.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/2wun1s/im_holding_new_browns_merch_in_my_hands_right_now/

The first is a lighter than we're used to Brown block C With a white outline. It's pretty straight forward.
The second is the new helmet. It's a darker orange with a broad Brown stripe bordered in white with what looks like little hats in the stripe like Seattle's wing pattern. Brown facemask too.
The final one is my favorite and if I had to guess, is bet it's the new primary logo. It's a sillouhette of a man from shoulders up wearing a derby hat but his chin is to his chest and the hat's brim covers all but his chin and a smirk. His hat is brown with a orange stripe. His coat is orange and his tie is brown.
I think it's Paul Brown and they can't show his face because of his son that owns the Bengals. But it's seriously bad ass.

A team that's been dying for a proper identity may finally get one.

bSLCtu2.png

The new info coming out of this Reddit post makes this sound like it may very well be the most unique and awesome thing in the NFL by a long shot. We'll see.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/2wun1s/im_holding_new_browns_merch_in_my_hands_right_now/

The first is a lighter than we're used to Brown block C With a white outline. It's pretty straight forward.

The second is the new helmet. It's a darker orange with a broad Brown stripe bordered in white with what looks like little hats in the stripe like Seattle's wing pattern. Brown facemask too.

The final one is my favorite and if I had to guess, is bet it's the new primary logo. It's a sillouhette of a man from shoulders up wearing a derby hat but his chin is to his chest and the hat's brim covers all but his chin and a smirk. His hat is brown with a orange stripe. His coat is orange and his tie is brown.

I think it's Paul Brown and they can't show his face because of his son that owns the Bengals. But it's seriously bad ass.

Hope its true.

Jaguars

Ironically, the ONE thing nobody ever thinks of to use when designing logos for the browns is the thing the team is actually named after. If true, and if done well, that could be really good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If this is accurate, it could give the Browns a very Boston Celtic-like vibe.

I like that idea.

nav-logo.png

A reddit post about a uniform with fedoras in it? This might be a practical joke.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A reddit post about a uniform with fedoras in it? This might be a practical joke.

L8HVx30.gif

bSLCtu2.png

Archived