New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo set sounds fantastic... but little hats on the stripe? Whether its Paul Brown's fedora or the elf's hat... its a disaster either way. I think the helmet will be an upgrade over all... as long as the stripe isnt zoomed in on.

I'm not sure I like the brown center stripe flanked by white. I'd have to see it, but I usually like it when the jersey color is the outside color of a triple stripe. Same goes for pants.

If the facemask is indeed brown, then the brown center stripe may look better than the opposite. Best solution IMO is to not go with a brown mask.

So they're talking about a clear decal with little hats up the middle. As long as it's pretty clear, then that may be OK. But being that it would be on brown and not white, I'm afraid the hats will be too noticeable. The Seahawks version of this is not nearly subtle enough for me. I'd rather they just get rid of it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The logo set sounds fantastic... but little hats on the stripe? Whether its Paul Brown's fedora or the elf's hat... its a disaster either way. I think the helmet will be an upgrade over all... as long as the stripe isnt zoomed in on.

I'm not sure I like the brown center stripe flanked by white. I'd have to see it, but I usually like it when the jersey color is the outside color of a triple stripe. Same goes for pants.

If the facemask is indeed brown, then the brown center stripe may look better than the opposite. Best solution IMO is to not go with a brown mask.

So they're talking about a clear decal with little hats up the middle. As long as it's pretty clear, then that may be OK. But being that it would be on brown and not white, I'm afraid the hats will be too noticeable. The Seahawks version of this is not nearly subtle enough for me. I'd rather they just get rid of it.

I agree with you. I always think the white looks better in the center. However, if the brown stripe is in the middle and is significantly thicker than the white flanking stripes, I think it will look nice. I think the white on the outside puts more emphasis on the browns. For example, if they brown center stripe is 2 inches thick, and the flanking white stripes are only 1/2 inch... I think it would be a solid upgrade.

The hats are going to significantly downgrade the helmet overall. To be honest, if they were going to sublimate a pattern... I think mimicking the elf's stripe sleeves would have been the best situation. From a distance, you wouldn't be able to see it, and up close it could be the least distracting option.

There are plenty of images on this thread with the helmet stripes reversed and brown facemask. It looks good.

I think the fedoras will look great, if it's done like Seattle wings. From a distance it looks like a stripe but close up its the hats playing homage the teams namesake.

The block c is a great idea and Im excited if the Paul Brown logo is true.

There are plenty of images on this thread with the helmet stripes reversed and brown facemask. It looks good.

I think the fedoras will look great, if it's done like Seattle wings. From a distance it looks like a stripe but close up its the hats playing homage the teams namesake.

The block c is a great idea and Im excited if the Paul Brown logo is true.

I hate the idea of anything being patterned into the stripes or numbers (like Seattle), subtle or not... just seems so trendy/gimmicky to me. The wood pattern on Oklahoma's uniform, those ridiculous tiny rams horns all over Colorado State's sleeves... it all just screams fad.

Just like pull-over baseball jerseys and NBA jerseys with giant graphics across the belly, in 15 to 20 years people are going to look at photos of the Seahawks in the superbowl and roll their eyes. "Dad, what are those little designs all over that uniform?" "What can I tell you son, we thought it looked good then." "Holy crap, Dad... that hilarious... how come the Packers still look the same." "I guess they're just smarter."

The packers don't look the same. Their uniform has changed a lot over the years. Hell the even changed colors.

The Packers haven't had a substantive change since 1961. There have been minor tweaks here and there, but nothing that casual fans are terribly conscious of.

Now, they've been tempted to. In the early 1990s the Packers were coming off a long period of futility. They hadn't won their division in twenty years, had just three playoff games in that stretch (two of them, of course, losses), In the 23 years since Vince Lombardi had stepped down, Green Bay had seen four winning seasons.

So the Packers took the same approach then that the Browns are taking now. Jazz up the uniforms, throw out the past and make them modern, current. Get "cooler" colors and make people forget past failures. Out went the athletic gold of the first 75 years in favor of a more contemporary metallic sheen. Number outlines were fashionable, so we've got to have those as well. If tiny piping, sublimated graphics and gradients had been in fashion, they would have thrown those in as well.

Fortunately, GM Ron Wolf got cold feet at the last minute and couldn't go through with it. He avoided making the mistake then that the Browns are making now.

Why would an expansion franchise use the imagery and base their identity off the founder of the previous incarnation that was unceremoniously forced out by new ownership, especially given that said founder established a second franchise (that remains family owned) that happens to be the in state rival?

Why would an expansion franchise use the imagery and base their identity off the founder of the previous incarnation that was unceremoniously forced out by new ownership, especially given that said founder established a second franchise (that remains family owned) that happens to be the in state rival?

Because someone said it on reddit. Sure, reddit rumors get disproven every single time, but I've got a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal good feeling about this one... :rolleyes:

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

To be fair, the twitter thing just said it "will not be a silhouette of PB"

To me a silhouette is a dark outline on top of a light background without much detail (if any in the dark). The first report was saying things like hat stripes, ties, jackets, etc...

So this isn't really a denial IMO.

123xa2.png

To be fair, the twitter thing just said it "will not be a silhouette of PB"

To me a silhouette is a dark outline on top of a light background without much detail (if any in the dark). The first report was saying things like hat stripes, ties, jackets, etc...

So this isn't really a denial IMO.

that logo is not cleaned up enough to be an nfl logo

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived