daveindc

New Browns uni coming 2015

Well, it's a step down from their current helmet, but at least the gray would disappear from any distance. Plus, the facemask is still white/gray. If only the Browns went with that.

Dane Storrusten / Gridiron Labs were promoting their Browns concepts today http://www.gridironlabs.com/cleveland-browns

Browns-Final-2-350x269.jpg

Are these just concepts from a designer's self-promotion? I'd imagine Nike would have done it in-house, not a 3rd party design shop.

Amiright??

That's what I would think, as if I'm not mistaken, Nike does every single piece of their work in-house like you mentioned.

Dane Storrusten / Gridiron Labs were promoting their Browns concepts today http://www.gridironlabs.com/cleveland-browns

Browns-Final-2-350x269.jpg

Are these just concepts from a designer's self-promotion? I'd imagine Nike would have done it in-house, not a 3rd party design shop.

Amiright??

That's what I would think, as if I'm not mistaken, Nike does every single piece of their work in-house like you mentioned.

They may work in-house but typically you have a lead design team then farm out all of the iterative design work to contractors. They could be on-site though. Wasn't the guy who got canned for posting on here on contract?

If it appears on reddit it's probably not true.

If this becomes a total bust, at least we will have a new photoshop template to use for concepts :D

You know whatever the case the Browns have done one thing excellently, and that is the fact that less than 15 hours till unveiling we have not seen a leak thus far.

If it appears on reddit it's probably not true.

Good rule of them. I'm still waiting for that chrome Cowboys helmet.

You know whatever the case the Browns have done one thing excellently, and that is the fact that less than 15 hours till unveiling we have not seen a leak thus far.

I could make a Browns joke, but I won't. Hopefully, the Browns have listen to their fan base and I hope they go for a bulldog logo. I'm a Steelers fan, but I've always liked the bulldog logo. Being from Cleveland, I'm calling people are going to love the new logo or you'll have the people that will complain saying that the helmet was tradition and shouldn't change it, but I believe that the Browns could be going in the right direction.

I could make a Browns joke, but I won't. Hopefully, the Browns have listen to their fan base and I hope they go for a bulldog logo. I'm a Steelers fan, but I've always liked the bulldog logo. Being from Cleveland, I'm calling people are going to love the new logo or you'll have the people that will complain saying that the helmet was tradition and shouldn't change it, but I believe that the Browns could be going in the right direction.

You're the worst. ;)

I'm really, really, really hoping that they don't go with a bulldog logo. Just a nice, classic monogram logo would suit me just fine.

They're going to screw it up though. It's the Browns.

2 different guys on Reddit have seen the helmet and both of them described it the same way so you gotta think its correct. As for the logo, only this one guy claims to have seen it so who knows

Or they both read rumors and decided to select one of them, with both selecting the same rumor. The Browns have said that they weren't making a significant change to the helmet. I could see them changing the shades of orange and brown (they did just a few years ago). I could see them changing the facemask to whatever or even putting a stupid sublimated pattern down the middle like the Seahawks have. I could see them doing the stupid crap from the tOSU alternates and making the stripes really wide. However, I don't think they're going to invert the stripes and then change their proportions. That doesn't in any way fit under "not touching the helmet."

Again, the "not touching the helmet" strictly meant there wouldn't be a logo on the helmet.

Confirmed? Or presumption?

I thought the only confirmed changes to the helmet were:

1) Color of orange would change to a shade closer to Oklahoma St

2) The stripe would be the same, but with a "texture" to it

Can't remember where I saw that exactly, I think it was from an insider on Twitter.

If this becomes a total bust, at least we will have a new photoshop template to use for concepts :D

I love the way you think, I could definitelty use a new one and I'm excited to see the pics

"Insider on Twitter" isn't exactly confirmation either.

It's a half-step up from "guy on Reddit" on the nonsense scale.

Has anyone on reddit got anything right ever?

Apparently this one guy has been accurate about merchandise before it comes out for like 2 yrs. so we're not exactly dealing with Bradyismyhomeboy.

"Insider on Twitter" isn't exactly confirmation either.

It's a half-step up from "guy on Reddit" on the nonsense scale.

I'm trying to find the information to submit a link. Sorry, it was back in late December or early january. I understand the skepticism without the link.

Looking at that page, I really like the helmet concepts. They keep with the classic styling of the franchise yet modernize the identity with custom helmet marks. I think they are fantastic.

cleveland_browns_05-02-320x320.jpg

cleveland_browns_02-01.jpg

Found it, originally saw the link through a Twitter link. It is just below the part about the NBA All-Star uniforms. As reported by Paul Lukas.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/12/02/nba-releases-2015-all-star-uniforms/

what is the difference in the OSU orange and current browns orange? OSU seemed to have a dull finish but not matte coat on their helmets