New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Found it, originally saw the link through a Twitter link. It is just below the part about the NBA All-Star uniforms. As reported by Paul Lukas.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/12/02/nba-releases-2015-all-star-uniforms/

what is the difference in the OSU orange and current browns orange? OSU seemed to have a dull finish but not matte coat on their helmets

OSU is a brighter orange, current Browns is more of a "dull" orange. I always think of it as a slightly sunfaded orange.

"Roll Along"

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know whatever the case the Browns have done one thing excellently, and that is the fact that less than 15 hours till unveiling we have not seen a leak thus far.

I could make a Browns joke, but I won't. Hopefully, the Browns have listen to their fan base and I hope they go for a bulldog logo. I'm a Steelers fan, but I've always liked the bulldog logo. Being from Cleveland, I'm calling people are going to love the new logo or you'll have the people that will complain saying that the helmet was tradition and shouldn't change it, but I believe that the Browns could be going in the right direction.

You're the worst. ;)

I'm really, really, really hoping that they don't go with a bulldog logo. Just a nice, classic monogram logo would suit me just fine.

They're going to screw it up though. It's the Browns.

I know I'm the worst... But I can't help being related to Chuck Noll:D I'm hoping the Browns don't screw it up either. I'm currently at Baldwin Wallace and it's in Berea where the Browns are headquartered at, so I'm expecting it to be busy around here.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Looking at that page, I really like the helmet concepts. They keep with the classic styling of the franchise yet modernize the identity with custom helmet marks. I think they are fantastic.

cleveland_browns_05-02-320x320.jpg

cleveland_browns_02-01.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. When I saw it I hoped it was a leak because that is a home run in my book.

Dane Storrusten / Gridiron Labs were promoting their Browns concepts today http://www.gridironlabs.com/cleveland-browns

Browns-Final-2-350x269.jpg

Are these just concepts from a designer's self-promotion? I'd imagine Nike would have done it in-house, not a 3rd party design shop.

Amiright??

That's what I would think, as if I'm not mistaken, Nike does every single piece of their work in-house like you mentioned.

They may work in-house but typically you have a lead design team then farm out all of the iterative design work to contractors. They could be on-site though. Wasn't the guy who got canned for posting on here on contract?

Gridiron Labs is a fairly new studio. i think Dane had done some of these designs a couple of years ago and just using the work as a portfolio piece.

i'm not actually sure where the logos will come from. Marc Verlander has done a lot of pre-Nike work with the NFL and Landor used to do the Super Bowl stuff. i can't remember if it was Nike or NFL Creative who did the latest logos, so hard to say if Nike has NFL logo creation as part of their contract. but even if that were the case they would still reach out to independent designers on a lot of projects.

i can't speak for Brian, but i believe he worked in-house with Nike and was terminated because of something said/posted in the thread he had.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Paul Lukas and others over on Uni-Watch know a lot of people within professional sports. He states that a "little birdie" told him about the changes. Obviously someone who either works for the Browns, the NFL, or Nike. Paul never claims to have seen the helmets, but tends to only mention stuff that is nearly 100% factual. Basically he has a lot of street credit. :D

"Roll Along"

Paul Lukas and others over on Uni-Watch know a lot of people within professional sports. He states that a "little birdie" told him about the changes. Obviously someone who either works for the Browns, the NFL, or Nike. Paul never claims to have seen the helmets, but tends to only mention stuff that is nearly 100% factual. Basically he has a lot of street credit. :D

Yeah, and I know he reads these boards! :D

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Found it, originally saw the link through a Twitter link. It is just below the part about the NBA All-Star uniforms. As reported by Paul Lukas.

what is the difference in the OSU orange and current browns orange? OSU seemed to have a dull finish but not matte coat on their helmets
OSU is a brighter orange, current Browns is more of a "dull" orange. I always think of it as a slightly sunfaded orange.

Cleveland Browns (2002 through 2014):

PMS_1655_C_SRGB.png

Oklahoma State U. (circa 1973 through present):

PMS_166_C_SRGB.png

Oregon State U. (2004 through present):

PMS_1665_C_SRGB.png

Cleveland Browns (2002 through 2014):

PMS_1655_C_SRGB.png

Oklahoma State U. (circa 1973 through present):

PMS_166_C_SRGB.png

Oregon State U. (2004 through present):

PMS_1665_C_SRGB.png

browns look the brightest

I don't question the Pantone, you have done an AMAZING job!

I'm not sure the orange in the helmets accurately reflects the orange in the uniforms. The helmets are equipment and I'm not sure they follow the Pantone colors. Look at the helmets under natural light and you will see a difference. Many teams helmet's can't quite match the color in the uniforms.

Compare this image of OSU:

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121020-20121020_kdl_ar9_111_27900957_387361.jpg.ece/BINARY/20121020_kdl_ar9_111_27900957_387361.JPG

To this of the Browns:

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/2013/11/17/800x_b1_cCM_z/Browns-Bengals-Football-Campbell-11-17.jpg

Please don't take this as discrediting your work, just something I have noticed over the years.

"Roll Along"

I'm not sure the orange in the helmets accurately reflects the orange in the uniforms. The helmets are equipment and I'm not sure they follow the Pantone colors. Look at the helmets under natural light and you will see a difference. Many teams helmet's can't quite match the color in the uniforms.

Please don't take this as discrediting your work, just something I have noticed over the years.

yeah I went and looked at game pics of OSU and Cleveland, OSU looks brighter plus it is so hard to put a computer generated color up against a live helmet.

I'm glad you pointed this out - there's a reason for it.

The Browns and Bengals BOTH use PANTONE 1655 C for their Orange, but use different CMYK breakdowns. Which in my opinion, is where a lot of the inconsistencies start.

Here's what the Browns use (or used, I will assume):

C-000_M-075_Y-100_K-000.png

My theory is that they've been matching to this particular color, regardless of how 1655 C actually looks when printing with Pantone inks. The two are much different.

Archived